• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Sorry guys.
It's alright, don't sweat it too much. As of right now, we're going to need to find a way to way to squeeze in your ability today, because unfortunately (without some kind of doctor protection) you'll most likely be targeted tonight. There's no rush to use it right now, so let's relax a bit and then we'll hunt some scum.

Oh and I voted for Thar because he seems in and out of the game so to say. Seemed to echo what I said. Easy route? Yes. Does he mean he's scum, no.
It's a bit of a weak argument, but it's a starting point, sure. I'm not positive if that's enough to generate a vote, as a lot of us have been in and out of the game. The echoing bit's a tad meh, but I can understand the slight concern with it. Besides Thareous, do you have any other suspicions?

@Music, are you currently suspicious of anyone?

Yes, I agree that musicfan is most likely town now. He claims early and often, and I've yet to see him pull off a truly convincing fake-claim, so this falls into line with exactly what I expect from him at this point.

But.... I haven't seen a night that bad ever. I can sympathize with Erebea that I thought Gumball was being waaaaaay too obvious.... But I thought that Dan would be the vigilante, so it didn't make sense for a claim that early. Now I know why she softclaimed, but it's too bad that she stuck herself out so much. This tells me that the mafia is probably smart enough to recognize when a kill isn't as good as they might think. The night scene indicates that there's only two factions capable of killing at this time, the now-dead vigilante and the mafia. Hitting the doctor night one seems to have been complete dumb luck, and I can see why the Stitch was deemed a good night one target, because mafia usually aim to take out activity fast.

On to today..... You did seem very aggressive yesterday, Fig. I can't really tell if this is how you normally start mafia games, as I haven't been in a terribly high amount of games with you. It does stick out though.

musicfan, you're probably going to die tonight after that claim. However, since you seem to have not used your one-shot, you can use it to confirm or deconfirm. I actually think your original choice was a good one; but we have to keep in mind that our doctor is now gone, and any townie you confirm will probably die the next day as well. It's not a win-win at all, but at least it's something.

Anyone else get the feeling this is role madness? The bomb isn't a very common role outside of it, from what I've seen.

justac00lguy said:
Thanks for confirming that you have a role.

No, I don't have one because I'm one of the standard mafia goons that can't do anything in order to balance this game out.

I don't see how this is constructive at all in the face of the fact that everyone dead thus far has had a role, some of which are painfully not-common in a non-role madness game.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
No, I don't have one because I'm one of the standard mafia goons that can't do anything in order to balance this game out.

I don't see how this is constructive at all in the face of the fact that everyone dead thus far has had a role, some of which are painfully not-common in a non-role madness game.
Interesting. Just use your role well. I assume you have an obscure role of sorts?

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Because of stich dieing I'm not as sure on fig but something dose seem off about his style. He is usally more laid back. As stated befor.
Justa is leaning town mostly because he is acting as a leader. This was the reson why I wanted to confirm him when I thought it was just a trade off if I hit town because a mafia member leading the town is a bad thing.

I think we should look at the people who dismissed gummy's soft claim. Trying to get the town not to buy it.

Mido

Version 1
Well, there isn't much else I can say on the night, as JC, you kind of expressed the same thoughts I had. Still, I can't help but feel bad for the player formerly known as Draco 626. It's a shame that people like to use him as Night 1 fodder. ): Like Thareous said, on the surface, it seems like a frame kill towards Fig. As far as I can tell, he put in 110% yesterday.

Regarding musicfan's recent claim of today, I guess I can say I'm vaguely familiar with the desperado role, but it seems to have a 3rd party tinge to it from my perspective. I'll have to do my homework on that.

Also, I would like to actually congratulate Erebea on completing the one simple task that I desire: LittleGumball's Night 1 Death. He's a winner in my eyes. :yes:

Mafia, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I want you out of this thread by tomorrow morning....kids these days....

Moving past my joke post above, I'd like to apologize for my apathy thus far, I just couldn't focus through Day 1's posts. :sad:

Also, looking from the advanced post settings, I like your plan of action, musicfan. To be honest, I would assume that Gummy's claim was rather obvious like it was meant to be, and I think I remember seeing a few players in that category. :pizza:

Musicfan, you need to lay off with claming so early. It's a bad habit. :P

JC said:
The mods [Mafia] night killed Stitch, which isn't exactly shocking as he was involved a lot towards the end of the day. Why is rhe question though. He was arguing with Fig about something external to the game and it's obvious that Fig wanted to lynch him in a way, at least how that's how I interpreted his aggressiveness towards him. However this could be a trap, Mafia tend to toy around with their kills remember. They could have easily killed Stitch to frame Fig. I can see this discussion taking place in their QT/Skype Chat. It's because of this that I'm wary of falling in to their plans.

This is what I thought too. Old games only go so far as anecdotal evidence, yet Fig has always played a more conservative game to ensure he survives towards the end. It's possible this is a play style change for him being mafia; however, it seems a bit too obvious. The scum are probably taking advantage of this to make him appear guilty. It's all speculation at this point though.

I'm currently in the process of looking through the argument between Fig and Stitch as well as other posts regarding that debate. I'll post my thoughts shortly.

Big Octo

=^)
I'm seeing something similar that others have pointed out in regards to Stitch's death. It's true that Fig was playing rather aggressively yesterday, so he must have seemed like the perfect player to frame. But... perhaps a little too perfect, because, as others have expressed, this was predicted.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I wouldn't recommend Fig as a lynch candidate for today, but I'd like the Cop to investigate him tonight and see where that leads us. Undeniably the Mafia took advantage of his argument with Stitch the other day, as others have already pointed out. I keep thinking that this is more than what it seems, though; what if the mafia targeted Stitch to make it seem like they were framing Fig, when Fig is actually Mafia and thus he's temporarily in the clear? I really doubt that's what happened, and I'm most definitely over thinking it, but of course it's still a possibility. Unless Fig slips up somewhere, it's best not to kill him. I'm interested in some of the inactive players, Findemaxa in particular, who I'm not even sure posted at all in this game.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Musicfan, you need to lay off with claming so early. It's a bad habit. :P

This is what I thought too. Old games only go so far as anecdotal evidence, yet Fig has always played a more conservative game to ensure he survives towards the end. It's possible this is a play style change for him being mafia; however, it seems a bit too obvious. The scum are probably taking advantage of this to make him appear guilty. It's all speculation at this point though.

I'm currently in the process of looking through the argument between Fig and Stitch as well as other posts regarding that debate. I'll post my thoughts shortly.
Sorry I planed on useing it on some one who the town started to trust (at least until I got the message) and at least I started to trust justa.
Also vergo it's not thrid party. It's usally town alined.

Atticus said:
I keep thinking that this is more than what it seems, though; what if the mafia targeted Stitch to make it seem like they were framing Fig, when Fig is actually Mafia and thus he's temporarily in the clear? I really doubt that's what happened, and I'm most definitely over thinking it, but of course it's still a possibility.

Actually, for a night one kill, this seems like it'd be an okay strategy. As I said previously, the fact that the mafia didn't jump on Gumball with the blatantly obvious soft-claim that was no doubt a pro-town role means that they're probably quite crafty; they saw the potential for dragging Fig into the spotlight with the small spat he had with Stitch at the end of yesterday, and seeing as it was just night one and they've yet to gather meaningful information via serious town discussion, it might have looked like an attractive option. Stitch being the doctor was just a lucky break.

I'm not opposed to trying to drag inactives back into the spotlight. Heroine makes me uneasy every game because how she flies under the radar, like, all the time without fail. I don't think I've ever played a game with Findemaxa too, so I'm not sure what to expect there. Lynching inactives has always seemed to me like a hold-your-nose alternative that takes place later in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom