• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Most Calming Passtime in Zelda

Zelda is a free roaming game and we all love it for it. Even if some games are more linear than others, at games end we can always go back to wherever we want whenever we want. This opens up a lot of opportunity for exploring, travelling, training and anything else you want to do...

But when you're not doing any of that or being busy at all, what do you do to chill and live in the world?

For me, i load up Wind Waker a lot just to sail, sailing calms me and its wonderful to play and see. Others may like to ride Epona endlessly around TP's large Hyrule Field, but what about you? What part in any Zelda game gives you the feeling of peace and serenity?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I just hang out in a remotely calm portion of an overworld or a town and do random ****. Cut the grass, smash some pots, talk to people, play some minigames... etc. One of the biggest places for me was Faron Woods in Skyward Sword. I couldn't tell you how many hours I've wasted there just lollygagging. I guess the next place would be Clock Town.

Dan

I love hanging out with tinkle in MM. Clock town is pretty fun too, although in MM I don't think you can class any place in the game as calm with a giant moon coming down to hit the place. I found the forest temple in oot has a very peaceful atmosphere.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally like to ride around TP's Hyrule Field on Epona every once in a while. No, I don't have to be going anywhere...all I have to do is take in the scenery! Just looking at the surroundings calms me down, sometimes it even puts me into a euphoric state of mind. I also do the same in OoT's Hyrule Field. :)

Also, sailing in TWW is another thing I enjoyed doing when I was miffed about something. Going to the various islands and just checking out what they had to offer, uncovering all Big Octo locations, and even collecting the numerous, useless treasures were a calming thing to do, if not exciting. <3

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Whenever I'm in a sour mood or merely wish to take a break from being the hero, I always boot up Ocarina of Time and travel to either the Lost Woods or Castle Town as Young Link and just stand there. Both environments are truly a sight to behold with almost divine like forest outgrowths and bustling dance and laughter, respectively. Scenery aside, the accompanying music is simply gorgeous. No other Zelda games represents such a variety of realms with such close proximity to each other making OoT my go-to for relaxation every time.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
After loading TP, I grab Epona and start riding and roam around Hyrule. It's very relaxing. I sometimes actually like to be in Lake Hylia. Anywhere in TP is very relaxing.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I love riding around Hyrule Field on Epona, whether that be on TP or OoT. I loved how in TP you could use your sword while mounted, so I would swing around that baby like it was nobody's business. I also enjoyed doing stunt-like stuff, such as going to Zora's domain and jumping down the waterfall (again, in both OoT and TP).

I adored just swimming around as a Zora in MM. I would dive into the water, swim around, do barrel rolls in the water (to appease Peppy), and spring out of the water like a dolphin. That was the most fun mask in the game, and rolling around as a Goron came to a close second.

I like looking for missing heart pieces in any of the games. It gives me a chance to explore every nook and cranny in the game world, something I really love to do.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When I'm taking a break from being a hero, I love to just explore, play games to get upgrades (usually for quivers), and go fishing! There's just something magical about reeling in a huge fish. Also, sometimes I stand in one area that has music I really like, or is magnificent looking and I just watch the day go by. It's not very productive, but it sure is calming. :)

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I do various things depending on the game. In OoT and TP, I like to hang around Lake Hylia and Zora's Domain. In MM, I like to be in Great Bay. In SS, it's Skyloft, Faron Woods, or Lanayru Desert.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
In TP, i go lure fishing. It's very calming. Once i fished for a day, a night, and another day! (in the game, of course). Also, while fishing, i noticed how realistic it was. Sporadic rain occurred and i was like "... this is pretty cool..."

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that so many people share my favorite pastime: riding around TP's Hyrule Field on Epona. I've travelled all of Hyrule a multitude of times in that game. I also really love fighting random enemies; the Hidden Skills make combat in Twilight Princess quite entertaining for me...

Lately, I've been exploring the overworld of Skyward Sword in my free time. I'm blown away by how many secrets I never knew about until then. I'd missed quite a few on my first and second playthrough. It's fun to just walk around for a while, and proactive too – I'm missing one Heart Piece and I'll eventually find it somewhere if I keep this up.

Oh, and I like to play music on the Ocarina of Time. I've figured out so many songs in OoT 3D thanks to long, boring car rides. I take requests from my friends and family now. XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom