• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Ideal Zelda Easter Eggs

I've noticed a few threads talking about Easter Eggs in Zelda games recently, like most fans I do enjoy looking for them and they're always cool when you're able to spot them; for example the Bowser zipper, the paintings/warp pipes in Hyrule castle in OoT/3D, but if you were able to, what Easter eggs would you design to be dropped into a Zelda game and where would they be found.

You can either decide to drop easter eggs into a hypothetical future Zelda title or call upon an older Zelda title and drop some more Easter eggs over and above what are already in there.

Have fun.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I would probably create something that either references another popular series, or another Zelda game. I don't know what I would do specifically, but I would make sure that players would understand what the Easter Egg was from. I liked some of Skyward Sword's Easter Eggs, such as the Tingle plush doll hidden in Zelda's room. :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know what I would do exactly, but I know I would keep in-series references to an absolute minimum, otherwise known as zero. Instead of Zelda references, I would have several easter eggs that reference other Nintendo franchises, and even franchises that borrowed from the series or acknowledged it. For example, I'd reference tons of Square Enix games (specifically Star Ocean and Final Fantasy), Blizzard's Warcraft series, and maybe The Last Story.

Where would these easter eggs be? Well, there would be enemies, items/weapons, entire dungeon themes etc. No tengo the details ironed out, but hey! I'll think of something :3

Cfrock

Keep it strong
My ideal Zelda Easter Egg would be made of Cadbury's chocolate and come with two Creme Eggs, a big packet of Buttons and have a toy inside it.

It would be found in all good supermarkets nationwide.

In terms of references to other Zelda games, I'd like to see out-of-the-way details that confirm what happened to nuances in the past or what will happen in the future. The Biggoron Sword is (falsely) claimed to be in Hyrule Castle in Twilight Princess, but what if it really was there in a hidden room and you got to read how the castle acquired it? It helps make the overall narrative of Zelda feel more real since we're not essentially destroying and recreating Hyrule with each game.

In terms of references outside of the Zelda series, it should probably just be kept to Nintendo games; I don't know how other developers would take seeing a Cloud Strife doll in a Zelda game. Nintendo keeping within Nintendo is natural; even if it's not canonical, it still makes sense. Non-Nintendo franchises somehow appearing within the world of Zelda throws everything into chaos, and without permission from the developers (which is probably overkill for something as small as an Easter egg), including blatant lighthearted references to other franchises may result in legal trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom