• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favourite Playable Female Character

J

JMac525

Of the Nintendo characters, Samus and Dixie Kong have been two of my favorites. Besides in Nintendo series, I am a fan of Cammy from Street Fighter. She has always matched my fighting style well.

My favorite female playable character is without a doubt Ada Wong from the Resident Evil franchise. She's calm, cool, calculating and has a habit of appearing at random times just in the nick of time to save Leon S. Kennedy from danger.

I believe her characterization is also very strong for a female in the gaming sphere. She's never helpless, waiting on the sidelines for the guys to help her but rather always taking a de facto stance of her own. Much like Samus from Metroid, less is more from Ada. She may not be the most talkative character but her appearances always contribute to the series plot in major and sometimes unexpected ways.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
OMG, I forgot about Rebecca Chambers as well as Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series. I mean it when I say it, those two are probably my favorite-est zombie fighters ever, they outclass Leon S. Kennedy for me. Really though, Rebecca is my love life basically. I wish I could be like her :> And Jill? Most would say something analogous to "that butt", but for me? I just adore her face to death. She's so pretty [noparse];)[/noparse]

I always use Rebecca in Mercenaries Reunion mode of Resident Evil 5. Flame Spray while not necessarily broken (then again, everything is purposefully OP in Reunion...the score system is based on how you get your 150 combo haha) is like her coolest move imo. I don't always use Jill but when I do, I pick BSAA Jill in Mercs.

If there are any other females that I like playing as, they're unknown to me at this moment. /whiskaway

OMG, I forgot about Rebecca Chambers as well as Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil series. I mean it when I say it, those two are probably my favorite-est zombie fighters ever, they outclass Leon S. Kennedy for me. Really though, Rebecca is my love life basically. I wish I could be like her :> And Jill? Most would say something analogous to "that butt", but for me? I just adore her face to death. She's so pretty [noparse];)[/noparse]

I always use Rebecca in Mercenaries Reunion mode of Resident Evil 5. Flame Spray while not necessarily broken (then again, everything is purposefully OP in Reunion...the score system is based on how you get your 150 combo haha) is like her coolest move imo. I don't always use Jill but when I do, I pick BSAA Jill in Mercs.

If there are any other females that I like playing as, they're unknown to me at this moment. /whiskaway

^^ what he said, Rebecca Chambers is so wonderful, especially in Mercs, flames to the face. <3 She needs to come back. Though with the way Capcom are treating the Resi Evil cast at the moment its best if she stays in the shadows.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I'll just say Samus, since there are no other females I really prefer playing as that I can remember

Edit: Oh yeah, I also really like playing as Sam in Black Ops zombies.

Last edited:
Definitely an interesting question. There's several that really come to mind:

Serah (FF13-2): Everybody knows that Final Fantasy 13-2 had it's ups and downs. Serah was definitely one of it's ups. She was an amazing all around character: tough, friendly, and good looking to boot. Not to mention that her sister Lightning is also an amazing female character.

Lucca (Chrono Trigger): Whether Lucca was playable or not is a debate in itself, but she was definitely in the player's party so that's good enough for me. The reason I like Lucca so much is because she's not a total piece of eye candy, but she's still a strong female character that's able to kick some butt when she wants to. In fact, if it weren't for Lucca, the whole story of Chrono Trigger wouldn't have happened: you can't have an adventure involving time if time machines haven't been invented yet, eh?

Chell (Portal Series) Chell certainly revolutionized the way video games envisioned girls. There was a point in time between 1995 and 2005 where girls in video games wore practically nothing. I'm talking less than a bikini. Sex appeal was a huge factor in character design before Chell came along: she was very well received because she was a good looking girl who didn't parade around wearing nothing but a bra. 'Nuff said.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
Well this is an interesting topic...I found lately that I tend to play the girl character more often in video games. Not really sure why. But here are some examples and my preferred characters.

League of Legends - Well actually there's a lot of girls that I play in LOL. Let's see there's Nidalee, Morgana, Kayle, Soraka, Sona, and Cassiopeia. Out of those I think Cass is probably my favorite at the moment. Her poison is just OP. Sorry Nidalee I really wanted to put you here too. Alas
cassiopeia1.jpg

Borderlands - I play as Lilith here because let's face it....turning invisible is pretty badass.
300px-Borderlands_-_Lilith_Class.jpg

Donkey Kong - Well there really aren't many playable girl monkeys besides Dixie and Tiny and out of the two, I think I prefer Dixie. I mean she's cooler looking than her little sister and her hover doesn't run out till she hits the ground.
dixie_kong.jpg

Metroid - Do I even need to say who my favorite playable female character is?
samus_aran___zerosuit_by_bluejet97-d35mwbk.png

Resident Evil - I like Ada the best out of the Resident Evil cast. She's very mysterious and makes for an interesting character. Plus she can do fan kicks which are fun.
250px-Ada_Wong_Resident_Evil_4.jpg

Final Fantasy - Now I haven't played all of the Final Fantasy games, but out of the ones I have played, FFIX has to be my favorite. And because of that, Garnet A.K.A. Dagger A.K.A. Sarah is my favorite.
GarnetEpiphany.gif

Super Smash Bros. - Again it seems I play as mainly the girls here....Zelda, Sheik (still technically a girl), Zero Suit Samus, Peach, and Jiggles (I ****ing rape with Jiggly lol.) Not a huge fan of normal Samus. I mean I can play her well, I'd just rather not. And surprise surpise, my favorite is Zero Suit Samus. Her suit parts are OP so often times I just throw them off the cliff so my roommate will stop *****ing. (I still kick his *** anyways without them ;)) I'll leave her picture out as it's already above.

Overall I'd have to say Samus is my favorite. She's just so badass of a character and really stands out in the list of video game heroes. But I love playing as chicks. Usually they're fun and usually they're hot lol.

I don't have a lot.

I do like playing as Dixie Kong, Jill Valentine, Joanna Dark and any game that allows me to create a female character (although I don't always choose to create a female character; depends on the game)

I know I've always wanted to play Mirror's Edge but never got around to it yet.

Fig

The Altruist
It will most likely be Samus for me. She's already awesome and has epic power-ups and the storyline is just incredible. Now I want to play some Metroid just because Samus popped into my mind. :P

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Jill Valentine - When she first debuted in 1996 in Capcom's horror franchise, Resident Evil, she became an instant icon. Jill Valentine's popularity skyrocketed her to new heights. Not only did she receive her own spinoff, she has appeared and been referenced in numerous pieces of media such as; Marvel vs Capcom 2, Resident Evil: Apocalypse, Dead Rising, and will soon become a playable character in Project X Zone, and make her return to the big screen in Resident Evil: Retribution. In 2002, actress Julia Voth gave Jill Valentine a new identity that literally changed the way fans looked at her. She was gorgeous, but that still didn't take away from what made her an icon to begin with. She was still as tough as ever. In fact, she was the first character in the history of the Resident Evil series to ever use profane language. So, why do I like playing as Jill Valentine? Well, because she can talk the talk and walk the walk and look good doing it. But there's also more to Jill Valentine than being an attractive *** kicking machine. She's very likable as a character due to her kind heart, loyalty, and never say die attitude.

[video=youtube_share;cWi329iJD1c]http://youtu.be/cWi329iJD1c[/video]

Oh, and did I mention she was almost a Jill sandwich?;)

This is an easy one; Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII. She has such a great story, and she is an amazing game character. She has many qualities that make her a great character; she is mysterious, wise, enchanting, and powerful. You want to know more about her, about her people, the Ancients. By the time she dies you are so attached to her(at least I was) and it is an incredibly sad moment. FFVII had wonderful character development, and Aerith was no exception, its no wonder it is known as one of the greatest games in history. She is easily my overall favorite female character from any video game, ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom