• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your favourite BotW footage so far

Its impressive that we still know so little about BotW after seeing so much. There are hundreds of hours ofnrecorded gameplay and some awesome trailers to feast upon and the game is less than two weeks away (12 days baby!)

But which footage has been ypur favourite so far?

Was it an entire trailer? A piece of gameplay? Did you like some of the scenery shots like Link riding his horse across the beach?

Which bit of footage is your favourite?

My favorite video is the first I laid eyes on. The video where Link walks up to the ledge of a cliff, jumps and glides down. The scenori in the video looks amazing. You good a good idea of how large the world actually is.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
The Nintendo Switch presentation trailer will always now hold a spot in my heart.

But I think my very favorite footage....was I guess the footage a loooooooooooong time ago (it escapes me what it was for...E3 maybe?) when where it was the cinematic footage of Link shooting that crazy laser looking arrow at the Guardian. I saw that and immediately just said to myself that this was going to be an awesome game. I got excited right then and there and that was actually when I bought my Wii U.

The Nintendo Switch presentation trailer will always now hold a spot in my heart.

But I think my very favorite footage....was I guess the footage a loooooooooooong time ago (it escapes me what it was for...E3 maybe?) when where it was the cinematic footage of Link shooting that crazy laser looking arrow at the Guardian. I saw that and immediately just said to myself that this was going to be an awesome game. I got excited right then and there and that was actually when I bought my Wii U.

That was E3 2014... so, so long ago...

And the game still isnt out!

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Easily the trailer when they announced the release date. That **** was dank af

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I havnt been following that much. I did like the footage where Link is climbing between a gorge. Like I always wondered what it'd be like to have free roam over TP's caverns and cliffs and now that looks to be a reality.

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
That was E3 2014... so, so long ago...

And the game still isnt out!

Pretty much! Yeah. That is how long my hype has lasted. Haha. I sold my PS4 and bought a Wii U (and Smash4 + DLC) after that video.

rob1610

Triple A Gamer
Hard to say. The Switch Presentation trailer had many reveals, feels and more. Loved it, best trailer ever. But in terms of gameplay, I'm torn between Polygon's "off the plateau" footage and IGN's "Zelda in Handheld Mode" footage.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Either of the two big trailers tbh. The Switch trailer for the first minute and a half hasn't ceased to make me come with ecstasy. I don't know how the **** they did it but it's such a moving lil piece.

the E3 reveal is also still a shock with how the music just jumps from point to point without a crescendo, very good.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I HATE that bit so much. It sounds like really bad editing. I like the entire piece but the jump is just horrific and it makes me think that something is missing.
All of their music pieces so far have been like that though. I think it's intentional, because each and every piecd starts and stops just when it gets good. For example there is the utter lack of transition in the E3 reveal, then there is the stop in the "Life in the ruins" trailer at the end, and in the Switch Presentation toward the end it builds to the climax then drops dead to introduce one last piano tickle.

All of their music pieces so far have been like that though. I think it's intentional, because each and every piecd starts and stops just when it gets good. For example there is the utter lack of transition in the E3 reveal, then there is the stop in the "Life in the ruins" trailer at the end, and in the Switch Presentation toward the end it builds to the climax then drops dead to introduce one last piano tickle.

Yeah but the e3 one is the one that feels ugly as hell to me. Though very good point about all the music theyve used so far.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Yeah but the e3 one is the one that feels ugly as hell to me. Though very good point about all the music theyve used so far.
Welcome to the Post-Modern Era of music.

Most of the Zelda music takes big cues from the Baroque or Romantic era, long sweeping melodies that just grab you. But Breath of the Wild undoubtably takes inspiration from post modern music. Which for the most part, is unconventional to say the least. It uses a lot more dissonance, and it feels a lot more empty. But when it reaches an arrival point, boy does it ****ing tear up your body. that's when music feels really full and dense, and it creates huge juxtaposition.

Let me tell you, before I started studying this style of music, I hated it. But it grows on you. It certainly does. Don't get me wrong, there are still certain songs and composers that I hate from this era, but BotW is extremely moderate in these ideals. Which makes it good.

That cut off point was to make you notice it. And it certainly did grab your attention(whether you liked it or not).

As for my favorite bit of footage thus far:

You get to see combat from someone who actually knows what they are doing(in the great Plataeu). It's rad as ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom