• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Your Favorite Plot Twist?

S

Starshine

I'd have to say The reveal of Zelda as the incarnation on Hylia as well. The Sheik reveal wasn't too much of a shock for me, as you saw Zelda escape from the castle...So she was bound to show up sooner or later!

Well, fine. I'll do this. ST isn't exactly known for it's crazy plot twists, but the reveal of Byrne's identity as not only Anjean's apprentice, but a Lokomo, and realizing his wrongs and joining your side, as well as DYING, hit me pretty hard. I didn't see his conversion coming until he awoke and told us about the Compass, then I found it to be only reluctant aid. Then he gave up his life defending Zelda. She cried! And I almost did. My expression basically mirrored hers. Then everything else. While plotfulness throughout ST wasn't smooth in the least, the beginning and end were very well done, in my opinion.

The only drawback of Byrne's ending was that he actually survived. But hey, it's Zelda.

Right up there with Byrne's turn of loyalties is Hylia's identity, but both are bested by the top of Majora's Mask. I mean, as if it wasn't enough with everything else that happened--at the VERY BEGINNING, you get turned into a Deku! THAT'S what I call a plot twist!

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Being captured at SS, it was pleasantly original. It showed for the first time a bit of the Hero's vulnerability, which is reassuring -there is still hope for the bad ones to win!

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I have to say my favourite is also Sheik revealing herself to be Zelda. The first time I played this I was young so I didn't give a thought to Zelda disappearing- and also, I thought Sheik was a boy, so I was quite surprised. I also liked Groose turning out to be good in the end of SS, but I don't know if that counts as a plot twist.

ScouseOctorok

An avid Blue
Easily the whole fact that the island you're on in LA isn't real. The fact that you continue to gather clues and facts about what the island is and how you got there and how you leave throughout the game is a phenomenal way to develop the story. Each boss you fight gives you just a little insight on what's going on. When the bomb is dropped and you read the tablet that tells you that the island is but a dream of the Wind Fish's, you know that you HAVE to continue on and collect the remaining instruments despite the fact that doing so will end Marin and everyone else on the island. That's my favorite plot twist.

Yuki Cross

Attack on Titan~!!!
I have two that I can't decide between.

In Twilight Princess: When you find out that Midna is the Twilight Princess, not Zelda. And how everything folds out from there.

In Skyward Sword: When you find out that Zelda is actually a reincarnation of the goddess, Hylia.

I'd say the plot twist in Skyward Sword was a more grand and blows-you-off-your-feet kind of twist, but the Twilight Princess one was more subtle, and it slowly dawns on you what Midna is saying. I liked both.... and it's because the reaction is so different that I can't decide between the two.

Those are my favourite plot twists.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The only plot twist that caught me by surprise was the "Zelda is Hylia" but even then it wasn't a huge shocker. My reaction was "Oh... I guess that makes sense." My favorite would have to be the reveal of Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. The sequence of events that lead up too it (Midna's Lament, Zelda's Sacrifice, Getting the Master Sword...) was great. Then we get a "btw, that epic villain you love to kill is actually behind all this." Surprising? Not in the least, especially since someone kind of hinted at it prior to me getting to this part, but it was still highly enjoyable and the cutscene of Ganon's exile just continued to show how awesome he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom