• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Pet!

Which is the best pet?

• Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cat

• Horse

• Hamster (or a type of rodent, if you will)

• Snake (or a type of reptile)

• Bunny (or a small mammal)

• Parrot (or a bird)

• Lizard (or an amphibian)

• Other (insect, etc.)

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
Well, there have been Favorite Animal threads, and Do You Have a Pet threads, so I'm going to do my little thread mash-up again... Which animal makes the best pet? When I say this, I mean domesticated animals, like dogs or cats, not animals like tigers you can keep if you have a license.

My favorite type of pet is a doggie. I have two dogs, and I love them! They're not only cuter than any other animal (well, most), but they're more loyal and trainable. Can you train a cat to relieve itself outside unsupervised? Not usually.

I also think dogs are more loving than any other pet, which is why I am biased towards teh puppehs. Some dogs, mine at least, will snuggle up with you at night; or get super excited when you come home, waiting at the door; or even lick your feet when they lay down! My dog licks my toes... Now THAT'S love! :puppy:

So, which animal makes the best pet? Vote in the poll and let us know!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I can only speak from experience.

My overall pet would be a cat. They are mysterious, fun, and make a loving pet. They don't require as much care as a dog, which my lazy personality loves about them. Of course, cats have another factor that is definitely irresistable; they are just way to cute whenever they do something like sleep or play with their toys. All cats are good listeners, which makes them perfect to bond with and socialize. I would tell my cat about my day or something that is making me feel down. Just by him listening to me makes me feel very happy, about someone listening to me. Yes, cats do listen, and most of the time, they don't talk back to you. :P

Chinchillas also make good pets, if you like caring for them. They are exotic rodents that are night-dwellers and require some exercise. This means that you have to afford a big cage, which would usually be about 4 feet tall that has little pedestals for the chinchillas to jump on. You also have to take chinchillas to "walks". This means, that you have to let your chinchilla run around the room. For this, I prefer the use of the bathroom, because there are no dangerous places that can be a big threat to chinchillas (electrical wires, plants, etc.). They also require sand to bathe in, which results in a very cute show when they use the sand to roll around in. Overall, chinchillas might require a lot of care and attention, but they make very fun pets.

*I must apologize for turning the second paragraph into a complete animal guide.*

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
:cat:s are my favorite. That could mostly be because I've grown up with them and have always had a cat in my life. They also can be cute while putting little or no effort into it. Plus, when I go on vacation, they don't care about being left home alone for a couple days. Besides that, no one knows how to beg like a cat!

I'm going to stop talking before I say something offensive.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I have a pet dog & a pet bird but I think dogs are better because & they are loyal & they are related to wolves & my favorite animal is a wolf.

Claire

The Geekette
Of course I picked dogs. I've grown up with dogs both in my home and in the homes of my family members. Ranging from the English Bulldog and Pembroke Welsh Corgi to the Newfoundland and Rottweiler, I've had the great opportunity to have experience with a variety of breeds. I couldn't imagine a home without a dog and the only time we ever went without a dog in the home was about 2 months when we were moving. I know a lot of cat people complain about dogs being so needy and dependent on their owners. I don't view this in a negative light, because I know some dogs can survive in the wild if they need to. Since they are pack oriented, a trait I enjoy very much, they fit well in a family. In a pack, you depend on the others in the pack in order to promote your own survival and in turn ensure the survival of the pack as a whole. Perhaps the question then lies in, "How does a dog encourage survival in a family setting?" I'd say less of general survival, but more so in improving quality of life. As with all pets, you gain a sense of companionship which can ultimately lessen stress. With a dog, the criteria needed to be met in order to see a happy puppy means frequent exercise. This in turn can mean not only a happy, healthy pet but a happy, healthy pack.

All in all, the dependency in a dog is a characteristic that I love. The eagerness in turn to please and that naturally upbeat attitude for social interaction with their pack makes dogs my pick, along with what I already mentioned in what causes me to adore them as they are!

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
I picked.......DOG! I have three toy poodles and their so cute. I picked this animal because I have grown up with dogs my whole life. They have their own personalities, and are pretty dang smart if you ask me. They can be loving or annoying, always wanting to be petted or to have bones. Yet, this is what shows their affection to you. My dog, Bella, is always hugging me and wanting to sit with me. She never can be alone, always needing my company. Of course, I love all animals, but dogs are my favorite pet of all time. If I could have chose another though, I would have wanted.........a wolf! I guess you could say Twilight Princess really inspired me. :)

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
i know there is the usual cats and dogs but my favorite pet was my albino ferret. most ferrets can be a little aggressive but my ferret was very well mannered and would somehow get in my bed on some mornings and lick my face :P. she also liked to just explore the house and explore outside. she looked very similar to the ferret in this picture > http://www.zieblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Albino-Ferret.jpg. I also really like dogs though as well and i always thought about having a lizard as a pet some day.

I like cats better than dogs, because in my opinion I think they're cooler than dogs, and some cats act like ninja's which cool! And my cat "Milo" Pronounced My-low and he acts like a ninja, and when he's running, he skids across the smooth wooden floor! It's really funny! And I have another cat named "India" that acts normal.

Beeker

Wild Card
I would have to say cats. They're very loving animals, and just as adorable. I seem to prefer them over dogs for some reason, though. Probably that I myself have never owned a dog. :P

I'd have to agree with Ghosi for the reasons. I enjoy talking to my cats and seeing them come to the door whenever I come home. I also love when they jump up beside me and decide to cuddle(when they want to at least). They require some care and lots of love, but it's worth it, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom