• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yet Another TotK Timeline Placement Theory

Just chiming in to say that "BotW is at the end of the timeline" could mean multiple things, like: "this game takes place canonically after all the other games, somehow", or "this is a new canon set apart from all the previous games", or "we have no idea how to explain ourselves, we just wanted to make an open-world Zelda"
If they say BotW takes place at the end of the timeline, that inherently means it's on the timeline. It's just at the end. The only time they make games that don't actually connect to the canon of the main games, they are very explicit about it.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You're forgetting that the games take place at least 10000 years after any other game. The BotW/TotK chronology includes all the other games either as historical fact or legend. Zelda games have always been made to have their place in the overall chronology of the series. From my pov, the timeline you posted contradicts what's already been said about BotW/TotK

I can say the same of you. You rejecting the fact that the Zelda team says these games are all connected.

At this point it's not worth arguing about what is correct, because we both believe what we believe is true.

With that said, why are you here commenting in this thread? Just to derail it?
You're fine to think the current timeline contradicts your head canon. That's fine. BotW and TotK are super messy in terms of getting along chronologically with the other games.

1727112612967.jpeg

This is the current timeline as of September 1st. To ignore it or jam your fingers in your ears and say, "Nintendo knows this timeline is wrong and released it anyway, so they secretly agree with my head canon," is just willfully the information on hand.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
@Turo602

Sorry if I contributed to the derailing of your thread.
You're not the one imposing disingenuous and contradictory limitations to the discussion and using a completely unrelated topic to vent their own well documented frustration with chronology like a broken record and dodging actual questions and points to continue on with a delusional narrative about a graphic that added no new information that hasn't been available for 7 years. So don't worry about it. Thread was dead before you ever chimed in.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You're not the one imposing disingenuous and contradictory limitations to the discussion and using a completely unrelated topic to vent their own well documented frustration with chronology like a broken record and dodging actual questions and points to continue on with a delusional narrative about a graphic that added no new information that hasn't been available for 7 years. So don't worry about it. Thread was dead before you ever chimed in.
Ooh, so we are at the point where we're calling the official timeline delusional. At least you guys are on the same page. :eyes:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Ooh, so we are at the point where we're calling the official timeline delusionl. At least you guys are on the same page. :eyes:
We're at a point where we're calling idiots delusional for spinning fake narratives about pictures and using it as evidence for their stupid bad faith arguments. Never thought I'd see eye to eye with Plinko, but he's definitely been telling the truth about you. F*ck off, already.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I replaced it with the news story they were reporting on. Now you're reading the words of the people on the ground.
You mean you removed the context that IGN added that completely went against your point and only want to focus on the misinformation that supports yours. Nice self-own. LMAO! Again, thank you for proving my point. About everything.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
You mean you removed the context that IGN added that completely went against your point and only want to focus on the misinformation that supports yours. Nice self-own. LMAO! Again, thank you for proving my point. About everything.
What context do you think they added that will somehow invalidate the new official timeline? If you want the IGN article then it's still right here. I don't know what gotcha you think you'll find.

I just didn't think someone who claims to be such a big fan of the series, could be like that.

As for your theory, I do see the possibility of it. I prefer to include BotW/TotK with the rest of the series, but that's me. I approach each game as a legend so there really are no inconsistencies and retcons when it comes down to it. There are merely just different perspectives. It's very similar to our real world myth/legends

I think, to Turo's point, in a 4th timeline, the older games are just legends now, including Skyward Sword.
Being that the final battle I am talking about takes place in the distant past of Skyward Sword, even Skyward Sword would have happened differently from what we played. And, as I had pointed out, we do see evidence that something related to those events did indeed happen.

And I agree that the parallel events argument is in favor of a singular timeline: and I just argue that if you have to make a singular timeline anyway, might as well make the whole timeline a singular timeline. Otherwise it remains unnecessarily complicated.
We are in agreement, here.

As for the Rito thing: the Encyclopedia is explicit..."Due to the unnatural properties of the sea, it is inhospitable to the Zora. They evolve over the span of a century into the Rito." Maybe there was interbreeding with an unseen Rito race, but that is a fan-made retcon.
While we do get that text, as I had pointed out earlier, we do see evidence, in game, that not all of the Zora had changed into the Rito. We can translate menu items, in WW, that tell us there are still Zora present. And, there are items that can be found in later games of that timeline that still indicate that they are around. So, we know from in game information, that not all Zora were changed. Plus, a population of Zora becoming Rito, and a Rito that is quite different from what we see in BotW & TotK, does not preclude the existence of a Rito people before that.

My man, you have decided that I feel a particular way about how BotW and TotK fit in with the rest of the series even as I continue to just point at the current official timeline.

View attachment 77774

If you are trying to retcon this into an unrelated "linear" timeline or add some hitherto unseen fourth branch then you are very much writing fanfiction.
Timeline Disclamer.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom