• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Xinn's Spur-of-the-Moment Speedpaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I decided I wanted to practice realistic painting from observation. I chose a photo I took of my cat some time earlier this year as reference. 6 hrs of work later, well...I am HELLISHLY proud of what I managed to do.

Leo.jpg

Completely freehand painted from this reference photo:

1278810399404479454151560.png

The image I am showing is only 20% the size of the actual file. My actual file was 4990x3600 px in size. To give you an idea of how big that is, here is a close up of the cat's face at 100% zoom.

I am not actually gonna post the image itself because even at just the face, that image is still over 1300 px wide.

I have been following this thread for a while now, but I haven't replied yet because I don't want to end up posting every time you post an update. But, I think I should break my little trend of not acknowledging your work in a post this one time. Your art is great--I've seen improvements and a slight change in your technique since I've seen your first posted art from your first signature on here, but... moving on... The art of your cat is truly amazing. You have a lot of patience and talent, Xinn. I mean, it is very simple, yet detailed. It captures everything in the photograph, yet is a whole lot smoother. You should definitely try going in this direction a little more often. It's very impressive.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Xinn, are you completely sure you painted that cat picture? I mean, in the cat it's obviously painted, but the background looks nearly photo realistic. That isn't impressive, that's amazing. In the spots where you can tell "yup, that's painted", it still looks close to photorealism, for example in the pink (towel?) there is the obvious difference in texture between the photo and the painting, but it's just so darn good. High five, keep up the good work - that is, if it wasn't too tiring to paint this! I imagine it took you forever to get it just right.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Will leave you all with this unfinished rose painting. Gonna be vacationing a few days. Will finish it some other time. Until then, enjoy.
Rose-small.jpg

Holy puffballs this is bigger than I thought it would be...and it's still only 25% :/

Big Octo

=^)
Wow . . . so, beautiful and professional. I'm just lost for words . . . just amazing. Two :yes: for you, this is just breath-taking.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
And the finished Rose painting:

rosephoto.jpg

From this reference photo taken by my father:

_MG_0620.jpg

Full painting size came out to be 4459x3468. The above is at 20%

Keyari

翼のエルフ
WHOOSH! That's me being blown away by your amazing painting. You're doing AMAZING with this realism stuff, and I applaud you for this, because I am horrible with realism. Thumbs up for your work Xinn! :yes:

Djinn

and Tonic
These are amazing Xinn, your skills have definitely improved since even the early pages of this thread. I really like what you have been doing with the still life paintings. Perfectly capturing a photo is difficult for a lot of people and you are doing great with it, even over a few that I have known at art school in the past. You have done a good job recreating the various colors in the rose, that at a slight distance looks indistinguishable from a photo. I hope you continue with these as you are getting better everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom