• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
That's if the guide is totally correct which most are not. Often they have a few mistakes due to having them rushed out for launch. But it's better than no guide at all.
Yeah, it's better than nothing, and I like using guide books than searching on the internet, so it's a win, win for me.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Hey just a little suggestion, could we please now put all videos under spoilers... It is making these pages hard to load....

@Facts About Bok Choy
The bad reviews pretty much have as much content as a trailer... Actually.... The Survival guides are way more intensive than Gamespots and Polygon's "reviews". I think it is horrendous however, that you take one or two bad reviews, and ignore the 18 reviews that actually go into detail that explains the game in it's entirety, and judging the game on what it is, rather than what it is not. It is a game for hardcore gamers. Might I add you, that if we go by Metacritic, Xenoblade Chronicles X is tied with Fallout 4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/xenoblade-chronicles-x

I'm just saying, they might help with those gathering quests.
That's if the guide is totally correct which most are not. Often they have a few mistakes due to having them rushed out for launch. But it's better than no guide at all.

In my humble opinion, trailers are not enough to judge what a game is. You don't review a game by it's trailers, just like you don't judge a book by its cover. Though, I'm sure you've played both Fallout 4 and XCX enough that you can make comparisons between the two, right? I'm sorry, but hype isn't enough to make me disregard all the flaws pointed out in several reviews.

You should not take all reviews at face value. Paid reviews exist that praise or hate on games unfairly. Also quite a few XCX reviews are just reviewed by people who do not like what long JRPGs are and complain about XCX just being XCX (a long JPRG that takes a long time to progress in). Sure XCX is not perfect but if you think XCX is too flawed to be a totally amazing game, then you are totally wrong. FO4 is more flawed than XCX (by a huge margin). That does not stop FO4 being a very good game that is well worth the asking price.

Crus@der77x is totally correct here. Polygon only wanted a quick hit of fun for their review. They totally missed the point of what XCX is. Just read their review and you'll see this. They also bought into the FO hype train blindly praising it. FO4 is a good game but it's not godly perfect like Polygon this it is.

If you think XCX is too flawed for you to purchase, that's fine. Totally your choice. But I would also assume you didn't buy FO4 either as it's even more flawed, unless you really like flawed games. I am not saying FO4 is really bad, it's not. I am just stating the fact that FO4 has more flaws in it than XCX does. (note well I said fact and not opinion). Flaws overall do not make or break a game unless they are major flaws. Even FO4's flaws do not make the game a bad purchase. All the FO4 fans will love FO4 and have a great time with it. I'm not a FO fan but I would recommend FO4 to all the FO4 fans.

I think you need to look past the flaws. Some flaws stated are actual game flaws. Other flaws are just the reviewer hating something in the game and incorrectly blaning the game (instead of his own personal bias) for it.

XCX is not for everyone. It's a niche game. But for those who are willing to put in the time it needs, they will find a totally amazing game well worth their money spent on it.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
In my humble opinion, trailers are not enough to judge what a game is. You don't review a game by it's trailers, just like you don't judge a book by its cover. Though, I'm sure you've played both Fallout 4 and XCX enough that you can make comparisons between the two, right?
No, the two aren't even remotely comparable. One is buggy as all heck (typical of that company) and huge but empty, whereas the other has no reported bugs and is sprawling with wildlife and breathtaking vistas. There is no comparison.

I'm sorry, but hype isn't enough to make me disregard all the flaws pointed out in several reviews.
Six out of ten reviews (and counting) with a score of 9 or above isn't enough to make you reconsider? That's too bad, listening only to the negatives you'll miss out on a highly rewarding experience.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
No, the two aren't even remotely comparable. One is buggy as all heck (typical of that company) and huge but empty, whereas the other has no reported bugs and is sprawling with wildlife and breathtaking vistas. There is no comparison.

Six out of ten reviews (and counting) with a score of 9 or above isn't enough to make you reconsider? That's too bad, listening only to the negatives you'll miss out on a highly rewarding experience.
Might I add to this, that not only is Xenoblade X way bigger than Fallout 4, it actually runs well, unlike Fallout 4. Xenoblade X is objectively a better made game than Fallout

I mean jeez..... Xenoblade X merely ever drops a single frame, and that is very, very rare in most cases... But Fallout 4..... Dropping to half FPS is pretty terrible, especially since this occurs normally.

Hey just a little suggestion, could we please now put all videos under spoilers... It is making these pages hard to load....

@Facts About Bok Choy
The bad reviews pretty much have as much content as a trailer... Actually.... The Survival guides are way more intensive than Gamespots and Polygon's "reviews". I think it is horrendous however, that you take one or two bad reviews, and ignore the 18 reviews that actually go into detail that explains the game in it's entirety, and judging the game on what it is, rather than what it is not. It is a game for hardcore gamers. Might I add you, that if we go by Metacritic, Xenoblade Chronicles X is tied with Fallout 4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii-u/xenoblade-chronicles-x
Here's a better comparison.

FO4 on metacritic:
24 positice and 7 mixed critic reviews.
710 positive, 241 mixed and 914 negative public reviews. Average public score of 5.4
One could ask why the critic average of 84 is so wildly different to the public score of 5.4? A whole 30% difference. I don't think it's bias as on launch everyone I spoke to was so into FO4. They were glowing about it on the midnight launch. I was there for SC2:LOTV and not FO4. I think for once this really shows how good a game is . . . in this case FO4. I think it's worth more than 5.4. But it's not a 90+ game either.

XCX on metacritic:
32 positive reviews and 4 critic reviews.
The public reviews will come soon.
Also two of the foyr average scores here praise XCX hugely. They just at the end give a score that is really inconsistant with their review.
The last two, Polygon, I thought they'd have given XCX a 4 as they are anti WiiU and are pissed this is a WiiU exclusive. A 70 from them for a WiiU game is as good as they'll ever go. So that's something. Game Informer on the other hand surprised me. Usually they are not too harsh on Nintendo games, but they really hated XCX. That's fine, as reviews are only the reviewer's opinion of the game and XCX is a niche title that will not appeal to everyone.

I think the trends in these review scores speak for themselves. Going by these FO4 is a great game well worth the money buy has a few flaws you have to just accept along the way.
XCX on the other hand looks amazing as only 4 revewers have it an average score. We shall wait to see how what the public think of the game on metacritic.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Speaking of which, I'm surprised IGN hasn't come forth with their review yet (or are they part of the public reviews? /unsure).

Xenoblade X is objectively a better made game than Fallout
That is technically true . . . but it depends on how you look at it.

Bethesda knew what they wanted in FO4 graphically and gameplay wise. For the most part this was achieved. They didn't bother to optimise the game for these features so the frame rate drops and other bugs are just there. They chose a prettier looking game over stable and bug free game play experience. I think this was unintentional though. They just put in all the features they wanted and didn't care too much for any consequences of this.

Monolithsoft on the other hand wanted an amazing looking game in XCX as well. But the difference here is they knew the WiiU was just not capable of doing everything they wanted and keep the mostly smooth 30fps. I don't think any console out today could do this. So compromises had to be made. Monolithsoft made the right compromises to make the world as huge as possible while looking as good as possible at a near constant 30fps. Sure there is pop in in a few places. Sure there is no dynamic (ie moving) shadows with the sun's placement. Sure some textures only load in HD when the player is cloder in. But all of these compromises feel deliberate like Monolithsoft made them on purpose. Their goal was not the best looking game ever like Bethesda wanted for FO4. Monolithsoft wanted the best looking WiiU game ever at a constant 30fps. We can objectively say Monolithsoft achieved their goal with an outstanding success.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, I'm surprised IGN hasn't come forth with their review yet (or are they part of the public reviews? /unsure).
IGN is a critic. They are on the critic's side of metacritic for other games like FO4.
IGN US and Aus have not reviewed XCX yet but IGN Italy have.

http://www.thejimquisition.com/2015/11/xenoblade-chronicles-x-review/
It’s a game that understands the importance of rewarding players for their personal investment, and it makes sure that, no matter how convoluted its design, no matter how lengthy its tangential content, the payoff is always worth the time and effort.
This about sums up XCX.
In OOT you spend all game getting 100 skulltulas for what? Rupees that you no longer need any of by that point in the game. ****ing useless reward Nintendo. XCX on the other hand from what I have read over and over say the rewards are always worth the time investment into the game. Not always amazing rewards, but always useful and interesting.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

To begin I'd like to state some points.

1. I'm not too sure how this turned into a XCX vs FO4 argument. It was one game in a list of RPG's I said I played. Not once did I say Fallout 4 was flawless or that it was a better game than XCX.
2. Not once did I say that XCX was a bad game. I said that I was on the fence about buying it and the reviews have pointed out some things that I was afraid of, therefore helping me make the decision not to purchase the game.
3. None of you have played XCX yet and I take it none of you have played fallout yet you compare the two and call it fact that one is better than the other. These "facts" are based on conjecture.
4. I could get in a big pointless pissing match with you guys but it wouldn't have much point to it as none of us have played XCX and only one of us has played fallout 4.

The verdict: I'm having a blast with my game and when you guys get your game you'll probably have a blast with it to, regardless of what other people and reviewers think, no matter how many awards and titles each one wins or doesn't win. Though I do wish you guys had made a stronger case to me to convince me to buy it.

Sometimes you got to take a leap of faith the8thark.
Oh I do. I get the guide books for the art more than the guide, but I use the gudes as well when I need them. So far only two guides have disappointed me. Skyward Sword, due to the sheer shortness of the guide, so I never bought it. . . . but if a collectors edition of it pops up somewhere for cheap I'll get it. The other is Super Mario Galaxy 2. The first game's guide was totally amazing. The 2nd guide was a let down. I bought it still just to have both. I ended up with a two SMG2 guides though :) so if anyone wants it it's theirs, they can have it.

hqdefault.jpg

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Oh I do. I get the guide books for the art more than the guide, but I use the gudes as well when I need them. So far only two guides have disappointed me. Skyward Sword, due to the sheer shortness of the guide, so I never bought it. . . . but if a collectors edition of it pops up somewhere for cheap I'll get it. The other is Super Mario Galaxy 2. The first game's guide was totally amazing. The 2nd guide was a let down. I bought it still just to have both. I ended up with a two SMG2 guides though :) so if anyone wants it it's theirs, they can have it.

hqdefault.jpg
That's good to know. I guess people really love the art pictures in the guides, can't say I blame ya. Yeah, some game guides are short like that. I hope you get it too. So your saying that it was a let down, like Galaxy 2:P? No thanks. Oh and nice Meme!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom