• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I don't know. I used to be really hyped for it, but the combat system looks too boring so far. Hopefully the system for the robots are more action-oriented.
That's the beauty of Xenoblade, the combat system might look boring a first until you actually play the game, then it starts to get interesting, just be patient.

If you want this game on WiiU you pre-order it. That simple. Or you'll miss out.
Trying to find a Xenoblade Wii disc for less than $100 these days is near impossible. And with the 3DS remake coming soon, the chance that the Wii version will be on the WiiU VC is next to zero. I've never played the Wii game. As soon as I was thinking about getting it, it was sold out everywhere. And I do not own a 3DS and have zero interest in getting one. The cheapest PAL version of the Wii game on ebay at the moment is going for $125.

So it looks cheaper to pre-order the WiiU game then it will be to buy the Wii game disc on ebay.

I seem to be one of the few who didnt actually like the original Xenoblade. There was nothing wrong with it, just not my cup of tea. Though im probably going to pick up X just so that i can roam around and take in some nice scenery and get a sese of scope on the Wii U in terms of size before Zelda U comes out.

What i want from X is a battle system i can understand and use, I'm not very good at RPGs and a lot of battle systems go over my head.
Also with how big this world seems to be i hope we dont get any slow down or iffy bugs, but sometimes it can't be helped.

I'd like to customise my character because i don't like the design of the bloke who appears to be the main character.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Some spectacular news is on the horizon: It's been confirmed that just short of two months from now, the official soundtrack for Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released on May 20. There will be a grand total of five discs containing more than 90 tracks. No tracklist is available at this time.

What i want from X is a battle system i can understand and use, I'm not very good at RPGs and a lot of battle systems go over my head.

XCX is borrowing practically the entire battle palette system from the original game, with the purpose of refining and expanding on the former edges. Of course, the game is going to feature a vast array of new and upgraded weaponry as well, ranging from a gatling gun to the cannon drones from later on in the original Xenoblade.

It took me quite a while to adapt to the system in the Wii version, but now that I'm currently on my third playthrough the inner workings are perfectly clear to me. A common tactic of mine is to use an action which inflicts Break, which then allows Reyn or Dunban to Topple a foe, thusly immobilizing them. I also enjoy sneaking behind an enemy and using Back Slash before any alarm is raised.

I'd like to customise my character because i don't like the design of the bloke who appears to be the main character.

Additionally, the game will feature an avatar customization system, likely before the story takes off (a la White Knight Chronicles), and is purported to have online elements, although I can't remember this part ever being confirmed. Either way, I'm anticipating how they're going to establish the avatar in the story as a character; will he/she be a dynamic, social figure or remain the static, silent type?

Last edited:

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Additionally, the game will feature an avatar customization system, likely before the story takes off (a la White Knight Chronicles), and is purported to have online elements, although I can't remember this part ever being confirmed. Either way, I'm anticipating how they're going to establish the avatar in the story as a character; will he/she be a dynamic, social figure or remain the static, silent type?[/QUOTE]
What so cool about Cross is that unlike White Knight Chronicles, he or she is the main character, so I have faith in Tetsuya Takahashi that he will make Cross a great character. They probably do some kind of mass effect type of thing with Cross's dialogue.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
I'm about 50% finished with my first play through of Xenoblade Chronicles and I'm already about 110 hours in. I'm enjoying the game so much, it has quickly become my favorite RPG of all time and one of my Top 5 Favorite Games of all time. I didn't get the battle system at first, but now, it's really really great. I think it has a lot of tried and true JRPG elements, but without a lot of the hassle that people complain about JRPGs. For example, fast travel, auto-healing between battles, and being able to change time instantly. Those things are elements that other games could really start to use.

My only complaint with the game is the character modeling. I think the characters themselves look awful, and I'm not hating on the Wii. I think the environments look gorgeous. It's one of the most artistically beautiful games I've ever played. The fact that if you can see it, you can go to it is amazing. The whole world is huge, and extremely well made, and extremely creative. But man, those characters look terrible. Especially their eyes ... yuck. I think that's a theme I'm seeing a little with X as well. The world and the enemies look absolutely stunning, but the character models look out of place. It's a minor gripe, and it won't take away from the game.

The only other thing I've noticed is that — so far — the music does not live up to the original. Xenoblade Chronicles has my favorite soundtrack of any video game ever (my previous favorite was Wind Waker, as reference), but from what I've heard in the trailers and on the official site, I'm not sure X's music is going to be nearly as good.

All that said, Xenoblade Chronicles X is my most anticipated game of the year (yeah, more than Zelda U!) and maybe my most anticipated game ever. I simply CAN'T wait for it.

I'm about 50% finished with my first play through of Xenoblade Chronicles
Think yourself lucky that you even own the game. Many (myself included) missed out on it. And now with the 3DS remake there's near zero chance it'll be on the WiiU anytime soon. Sad. And I don't feel like paying ebay scalpers over $100 for it. The XCX limited edition pack will probably cost less than what the ebay scalpers want for the Wii game.
XCX will not have this issue because many people will get it digital. Sure the collectors edition for it will pre-order sell out. But the standard game should be on the shelves long enough for a few days at least if people want it on disc.

This makes me hesitant to pre-order XCX when the outside Jap dates are released. I don't know if I will like it. I am only assuming I will based on others experiences with the Wii game. It's a big risk. And I am sure many many people will be in the same boat as me. We have to think if we want to take the risk on XCX or not.

The game is still a 10GB download even if you own the disc. The game is just that big. Not sure if this is just too much in game content or lazy programming, not optimising everything well enough.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Think yourself lucky that you even own the game. Many (myself included) missed out on it. And now with the 3DS remake there's near zero chance it'll be on the WiiU anytime soon. Sad. And I don't feel like paying ebay scalpers over $100 for it. The XCX limited edition pack will probably cost less than what the ebay scalpers want for the Wii game.
XCX will not have this issue because many people will get it digital. Sure the collectors edition for it will pre-order sell out. But the standard game should be on the shelves long enough for a few days at least if people want it on disc.

This makes me hesitant to pre-order XCX when the outside Jap dates are released. I don't know if I will like it. I am only assuming I will based on others experiences with the Wii game. It's a big risk. And I am sure many many people will be in the same boat as me. We have to think if we want to take the risk on XCX or not.

The game is still a 10GB download even if you own the disc. The game is just that big. Not sure if this is just too much in game content or lazy programming, not optimising everything well enough.

I would never want to presume to tell you what you like or don't like.

That being said, you will love Xenoblade, and if X is even half as good as XB, then you're going to love XBX. Don't hesitate. Get the game.

All things considered, it's the best JRPG ever (imo) and one of the top 5 games ever made.

If you have a 3DS, you need to get that game. Though, if you don't have a N3DS, I don't know if purchasing one for one game alone is your style, even though it's totally worth it. And that being said, you're better off paying $100 for the Wii version than $300 for a N3DS and another $40 for XBC 3D. I can't tell you how to spend your money, but knowing what I know about the game, I would pay the $100 for it. That's just me though.

I got it while it was still in store shelves, but I recently saw a used copy at a local game trade-in store called Gamers for about $60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom