• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wuthering Heights

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Well, my next year english teacher gave us an optional thing for the summer, so i took it. It was reading 1 from two books, Great expectations or Wuthering heights. So I chosed the latter.

Reviews?
Is it good? Bad?

I got about 25 more days still school starts and im wondering whats it about so i don't get bored through it..

S

Sideli

It's considered a masterpiece so I guess you could say it's good.
First half is good, second half isn't as good. It's all drama and romance and tragedy and scary old words.

If you like that kind of thing then great. If not then lol you better try to like it because you'll have to study that thing. Or you could buy an English class cheat book, otherwise known as study notes. There are plenty out there that you can get and read through so you can pick up all the details worth writing about that are difficult to pick up otherwise.

So like yeah. It's a good book. If you have to write an essay on it I suggest using study notes if you're allowed, so you don't actually have to put any thought into reading it very deeply <:
Shortcuts ruuule

i would have picked great expectations. very simple book.

wuthering heights is about this dude who was abused in his family, so he runs away. several years later, he returns to wreak havoc on his descendants as revenge. sort of like the count of monte cristo, but a bit darker.

S

Sideli

>dude who was abused by his family

Heathcliff was an orphaned gypsy kid the father, Mr Earnshaw found in Liverpool and took in, to live with the Earnshaw family at Wuthering Heights. He was abused by Hindley, the son. His father scolded him for it and kind of seemed to like Heathcliff more. After Mr Earnshaw died, Hindley and Heathcliff fought a lot and Heathcliff left I'm pretty sure. He and Catherine were close though.

Then he came back years later after Catherine Earnshaw had married Edgar Linton. He started mixing up trouble again.

I like that whenever Heathcliff is out of the picture, everything is peaceful. Before he arrived, the Earnshaws were a happy family, after he left Catherine got married and everything was calm for those years before he returned, and after he died everything was good again.

Heathcliff is passion and chaos, Edgar Linton is calm and security. Wuthering Heights is out in the wilderness, Thrushcross Grange is in a neat civilised place.
I wrote my English essay on the contrasts in the book, like those two. I actually can't remember what else I wrote about though.

(I'm pretty sure what I said about the story is accurate)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom