• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wtf nintendo logic

amaterasu

Writer
okay, if you look closely at Adult OoT Link's ears, he's wearing small blue hoop earings. What, did Raru get bored one day and pierce his ears while in the sacred realm? cuz you never get them in the story. and, what about Link's clothes in that game? Spandex anybody? but, as a kid he wears no pants. so, who put those pants on him? o_O

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
okay, if you look closely at Adult OoT Link's ears, he's wearing small blue hoop earings. What, did Raru get bored one day and pierce his ears while in the sacred realm? cuz you never get them in the story. and, what about Link's clothes in that game? Spandex anybody? but, as a kid he wears no pants. so, who put those pants on him? o_O

I remember a very cool guy (me) mentioned them a few posts ago. And those where not pants, even worse, he was wearing tights! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Stalchildren appear at night when you're a child, but when you're an Adult, and the land is cursed, they don't appear.
don't you think it'd be the other way around?

It seems that exploding a bomb in the mouth of a fire-breathing creature is its one weakness.

When you put a fish in a bottle, it turns into liquid that is differently colored than the original fish.
Ahh, the wonder that is graphical limitations. It might have been difficult at the time of N64 to render such a thing. How someone qualifies graphical oops or limitations as "Nintendo Logic" is beyond me.

Stalchildren appear at night when you're a child, but when you're an Adult, and the land is cursed, they don't appear.
don't you think it'd be the other way around?

Yeah, that would make a lot of sense! I wonder what enemy should replace them in that large, boring old field Young Link is subject to. I think there are some theories out there as to why the Stalchildren don't appear when Link is an adult... Fun fact: They are known as "Stalbabies" in the original Japanese.

It seems that exploding a bomb in the mouth of a fire-breathing creature is its one weakness.
I assume you are referring to Dodongo King, right? Well, I personally think that some Dodongos might have few problems with gas (flatulence), as a result of fire buildup. So, a small "explosion" within themelves might be a common thing, but multiple massive explosions induced by Link's bombs might be a bit TOO MUCH for Dodongo King, 'ya know? That makes the whole bomb weakness thing quite understandable...in my opinion. Also, doesn't a Dodongo's fire breath sound like a rude and disgusting burp?! :lol:

By the way, I'm back...

How does Link go far enough back in time that he and Zelda never met. He had to meet Zelda to get to the Master Sword, so he would already know her when he went back. WHAT?

How does Link go far enough back in time that he and Zelda never met. He had to meet Zelda to get to the Master Sword, so he would already know her when he went back. WHAT?
I don't quite understand exactly what you mean, but I don't think it happened that way.

They at least could have A. made it the same color as the fish, or B. remedied it in OoT3D.
Aaah, you present a valid argument, soldier.:dry:

Bomb Bags are made from dodongo's stomachs but when they die they asplode.
:embarrassed: Sorry, I mean no ill will, but WHAT? Do you mean since their stomachs are basically Bomb Bags, they should not explode, because that bag should perfectly contain the force of the explosion. I guess...that...makes...sense. ...OR there could be some kind of complex chemical breakdown that occurs in Dodongos upon death, or something to that effect.... :yes:

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
Seriouly? You're trying to make that argument with those examples when you're talking about a game with rock and fish people, magical instruments, and other paradox's like the Great Deku Tree???!!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Seriouly? You're trying to make that argument with those examples when you're talking about a game with rock and fish people, magical instruments, and other paradox's like the Great Deku Tree???!!

The idea is to do it by using the game's own logic. The point of this thread is to find the inconsistencies in it. The answer to what you posted is better answered with this:

Wikipèdia said:
Fantasy is a genre of fiction that uses magic and other supernatural phenomena as a primary element of plot, theme, or setting. Many works within the genre take place in imaginary worlds where magic is common. Fantasy is generally distinguished from science fiction and horror by the expectation that it steers clear of (pseudo-)scientific and macabre themes, respectively, though there is a great deal of overlap between the three (which are subgenres of speculative fiction).

In popular culture, the genre of fantasy is dominated by its medievalist form, especially since the worldwide success of The Lord of the Rings books by J. R. R. Tolkien. In its broadest sense, however, fantasy comprises works by many writers, artists, filmmakers, and musicians, from ancient myths and legends to many recent works embraced by a wide audience today.

Fantasy is a vibrant area of academic study in a number of disciplines (English, cultural studies, comparative literature, history, medieval studies). Work in this area ranges widely, from the structuralist theory of Tzvetan Todorov, which emphasizes the fantastic as a liminal space, to work on the connections (political, historical, literary) between medievalism and popular culture.

Seriously, this is by no means being mean, rude, or anything like that.

But it would seem as though a lot of people have lost their sense of imagination and may have perhaps grown too old(?) for Zelda. It's all magic... I think when judging Zelda's "logic," one should look at the "physics of things" (I guess I'll call it that), and just take the characters, locales, and other things of that nature as they are, "whimsical, chimerical, objects of fantasy" (Like Harry Potter, Neverending Story, and The Chronicles of Narnia). You can see it all as the "Laws of the Zelda universe". Hypothetically speaking, if Link were to see our universe he would probably think we were WEEEIRD...

Pounding away at all the fantasy elements of the Zelda universe can really make some fans look like they've grown away from it and have become too mature and boring. I know this isn't the case for the lot of fans here at ZD, though! :yes: This is all in good fun, right? :)

EDIT: Darn you "The Sink"! :P You sly dog you! You beat me to it! ;)

Dark_One

Fierce Diety
People might have taken my comment the wrong way but the point I was trying to make is in line with what Wolf Sage is saying. Zelda is a fantasy story even if some things are slightly rooted in reality. Certain things that can't be explained with real world logic like the tunics for example are part of what makes the fantasy genre interesting.

If you look a fantasy game and compare to reality, you will always find inconsistencies all over the place. This goes for any fantasy game on any system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom