• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wtf nintendo logic

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
For that matter:
Gerudos, who wear no armor and little clothing, can withstand sword strikes without any visible injury, and whatever injury is sustained isn't serious enough to prevent them from jumping back up into the ceiling.
They can also take direct hits from arrows, which doesn't injure them at all, but it causes them to fall down and become...sparkly? Wait, what?
When they spot Link, he immediately holds still and stands there rather than fight them or even run away, so that they can run over to him from any distance and arrest him.
Without stealing any of his weapons or other equipment.

That whole part of the game was just weird.

I'm with you on all of that. It's funny how gerudos just get "sparkly" and get up again (maybe they got some fairies of their own, now that I think about it).

Maybe Link holds still because they outnumber him? I always thought that. Maybe he's just being a gentleman (unless they actually come at him). My head hurts.

Wolf Sage already mentioned the Hammerspace thing. Maybe that's why they didn't steal anything. I've heard another theory but I won't say it for the sake of good taste.

Well, I always thought that because they were (a) basically human, (b) not really villainous, and (c) not all that well armed (save the ones in the jail cells), he surrendered because he didn't want to hurt them. But that doesn't explain why he doesn't just run away. :S

MjaxHylian

The Brony Named Mjax
Loving How popular this is getting and very fun too im posting this at school just to see the latest replies but
the best thing ever is Is everyone in hyrule magic considdering that the shops sell magic potions but in order to get powers you have to know the royal family so
why bother selling them in public stores anyway and if you think about it no one ever buys anything except link
also

why do people leave theyre chest out in the open so anyone can take it

I'm going absent on leave at this point (from this thread), so I hope someone can at least temporarily take over for me until I return. It will be greatly appreciated. The Sink, please, please take over in my absence. :)

I shall return. *evil laughter full of conceit soon follow" ...P.S. Darunia has sage power(?) or something, so it can sorta be left up to the imagination of the player what he does with that power. We can imagine that he uses his power to enter the Den of Volvagia. ;) ...Although, I even agree that this was definitely a WTF moment in Zelda.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Oh, here's one:
You can drink ghosts. Apparently so can everyone else, because they are commonly sold in shops. They serve no other practical purpose.

I bet they got fairy and ghost hunters for hire in Hyrule. Also, what else could they do with them? I mean, if they didn't drink poes, what would they be good for?

My take is that maybe people can take one that they were related to before they died and can keep them close. But that would be messed up.

Actually, here's something I thought of the other day: Someone mentioned earlier that bomb arrows fly the same as normal arrows. But if you think about it, regular arrows don't behave like real arrows anyway. They always fly perfectly straight, unaffected by gravity. So much so that you can use them with a sniper scope and not have to adjust. I think at some point we have to conclude that in Hyrule, even the standard arrows are magical.

MjaxHylian

The Brony Named Mjax
in that point i figured out something else epona struggles to jump small fences but manages to jump
and take no damage over a huge spiked fence in lon lon and land running

Theres a homeless man, begging you, (BEGGING YOU), to sell him stuff! Oh, and what you sell him HAS to come from a bottle.

Beggars cant be choosers, Nintendo. Beggars cant be choosers.

Or for that matter, in MM (where Link looks identical, so if he's aged, it clearly hasn't been by too much). Using the weapons that only Adult Link could use on OoT. You'd think they would have done more items that needed the transformation masks to use, like the powder keg. Oh well.

Oh, and this might not be Nintendo weirdness so much as just an inconsistency, but in LoZ and LttP, it takes Silver arrows to beat Ganon--even the Master Sword can't do it. In all the more recent games, it takes Light Arrows instead, but those only stun him so Link can get a hit in with the Master (or Four) Sword. Okay, okay, I guess you can just say that the arrows weaken him to the point that the sword will work, but I thought it was a big deal that the silver arrows were the only way to beat him.

Because, you know, everything we know about Ganon has remained so totally consistent over time.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Ok, let's do this:

Actually, here's something I thought of the other day: Someone mentioned earlier that bomb arrows fly the same as normal arrows. But if you think about it, regular arrows don't behave like real arrows anyway. They always fly perfectly straight, unaffected by gravity. So much so that you can use them with a sniper scope and not have to adjust. I think at some point we have to conclude that in Hyrule, even the standard arrows are magical.

That could be due to the materials they use to make stuff in Hyrule. Link never seems to struggle to carry all the stuff he takes around with him. Even the Iron boots!

in that point i figured out something else epona struggles to jump small fences but manages to jump
and take no damage over a huge spiked fence in lon lon and land running

Well, If Twilght Princess taught anybody something, it's gotta be that Epona's injuries are invisible. I never see anything when Ilia says she's hurt. Or maybe she's just indestructible, as she can kill enemies just by running over them. Half horse, half tank, that's Epona for you!

Theres a homeless man, begging you, (BEGGING YOU), to sell him stuff! Oh, and what you sell him HAS to come from a bottle.

Beggars cant be choosers, Nintendo. Beggars cant be choosers.

Ah, so THAT'S how it works. I can't take this one down, so I guess you beat me, Nick.

In oot link is too young to fight the evil while in ww link is old enough.

Well, in Wind Waker the sages are gone. The only reason Link stayed in the Sacred Realm was because Rauru sealed him in it. Now that old creep isn't there to stop Link or play dress-up with him while he's asleep.

Or for that matter, in MM (where Link looks identical, so if he's aged, it clearly hasn't been by too much). Using the weapons that only Adult Link could use on OoT. You'd think they would have done more items that needed the transformation masks to use, like the powder keg. Oh well.

About MM, he HAD to be older in it, how else would he have learned to do those awesome jumps? He's also slightly taller, if you look closely.

amaterasu

Writer
Nintendo Logic. Brought to you by Nintendo.

If Link gets hit ANYWHERE he suffers no physical damage or scars. Same thing with mario.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom