• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to Zelda Wii Be 2P Cooperative Mode?Who Would Be the Sidekick?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
If Zelda will be in a co-op mode like Mario Galaxy 2 but more helpful and able to fight and guide Link by their special abilities would u like it:) or not:( if you do who will it be:
Dark Link: Combat Style as Link, Ability open portals to Dark World.
Midna: Combat Style Twili Magic, Ability transform Link and open portals.
Tingle: Combat Style Fly and throw various items(bombs,hearts,arrows etc.), Ability help Link get to high places and find hidden items.
Like the idea if have new ideas for Co-op players tell us what u think :D

Yeah, I think it will be fun if they brought a "Tingle Tuner" item that lets you play on Co-op with a DS! Like in Wind Waker! That would be really cool!

My co-op idea was inspired by the Tingle Tuner as I had always been iffy about playing a Zelda game co-op, but after using that, it was just way too much fun during and outside of quests.

But I would have Zelda as a playable co-op partner. Of course, as one player you would be able to switch between characters, but there's a whole bunch of logistics I took into account when thinking of a suitable partner and their abilities overall. Zelda would and should be the only one worth keeping for a new title.

As far as guides go, I managed to work in a new fairy (without being redundant) as well as a peregrine falcon, for some new capabilities.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I wouldn't mind it. I like that the Mario Galaxy games have the option for the second person to help out without actually playing another character that'd get in the way of a single-player quest. Another game that did this well a long time ago was Jet Force Gemini for the Nintendo 64.That game was awesome, and having a second person play Floyd (a little robot that hovers around.. very much like a Navi character) to help out allowed each person to enjoy a single-player mission game together. This type of "coop" (I would rather it be called "assisting") would be a welcome addition to the Zelda games to me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Maybe we could have a Co-Op mode. I've always wanted to play a big Zelda game with a buddy of mine. I always thought of Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess being 2 player. If ZW DOES get a Co-Op mode, I hope it isn't like TWW's. I never had a GBA2GC Link cable, and no one is selling one near me : I think I like the idea of two people standing with their Wiimotes hacking and slashing for fun in a 3D environment :) I REALLY agree with the Dark Link option. In my opinion, he is an antihero of sorts. He only fights Link because he is made to, but that is a little off-topic.

Last edited:
Sure, I think co-op could be interesting in Zelda. Having another person help you out in combat might be helpful if there are (as there hopefully will be) harder enemies, and it would give a second person something to do other than wait for their turn.

As for who it should be? Well, whoever that person is in our one piece of artwork. I mean, if she's your side-kick, who else could realistically be a co-op character?

Well if its like the Tingle Tuner that would be cool but I don't want the main quest to be multiplayer. Maybe a battle mode or minigames or something of the sort would be nice.

I would rather go with a co-op that was like Super Mario Galaxy 2. SMG2's co-op built off the first one, letting the second player do more, such as the ability to defeat some enemies and collect items that they were not allowed to do in the first Galaxy.

It could be just like that in Zelda Wii. The second player can control a fairy. One thing that second player can do is analyze the enemy so the first player can get a description of said enemy, like how Navi and Tatl told you information on enemies. I really liked that feature in OoT and MM. The fairy can also collect perishables. Arrows, bombs, rupees. Maybe hearts.

OK, I had a weird dream last night the co-op mode was like SMG but the 2nd person collects hearts and items that enemies leave behind, and they control Koume or Kotake and fly around the screen!

T

the knight

fairy as a collector like the 2p in mario galaxy
different colour tunics for multiple links
goron, zora, deku and fierce deity helpers
how about a realy cartoon like link(ph, st, ww)

love the idea of dark link and links apprentice

Rishian

The Meat Shield
I would love to have a 2p co-op/ assistant...
It would mean that Din and myself wouldn't have to "discuss" who would get to play first...
ROFL!
;)
Oh and I'm going to say that a Dark Link or a "mental image" Link would be cool.
Or.... even Link finding some different "sidekicks" that can assist him, each with their own special powers.. like a Goron, a Zora, sheik, etc, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom