• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Like to See Voice Acting in a Zelda Game?

I'm pretty sure ZU could be as revolutionary as OoT was, including voice acting among other things could work don't you think?

I just think Ocarina of Time was the best time to include Voice Acting since that game changed alot of things. Adding things now won't have as much impact as it did then since we've been stuck with the same method of visual communication since the beginning of Zelda. Most people wouldn't like the change now whereas if Zelda included Voice Acting ages ago, people would be more comfortable with it being in Zelda. But this isn't the case so Nintendo have to think very carefully before they decide to include voice acting. I'm not saying it won't work, but it won't have the same revolutionary feel as Ocarina of Time had.

Last edited:

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I just think Ocarina of Time was the best time to include Voice Acting since that game changed alot of things. Adding things now won't have as much impact as it did then since we've been stuck with the same method of visual communication since the beginning of Zelda. Most people wouldn't like the change now whereas if Zelda included Voice Acting ages ago, people would be more comfortable with it being in Zelda. But this isn't the case so Nintendo have to think very carefully before they decide to include voice acting. I'm not saying it won't work, but it won't have the same revolutionary feel as Ocarina of Time had.

You have a very good point but as JJ put it, there is a first time for everything, and I think ZU might just be the game that could change the way Zelda plays in the future by adding VA. And for Nintendo to have like a back up plan they could always just have an option for turning it off, but Nintendo definitely need to play this carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom