• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Would You Like to See a TP 2?

Alex

~TLoZ Veteran~
So this is something i've thinked about a while and i was wondering what you're thoughts were. Would you like to see a Twilight Princess 2?

SPOILER ALERT
So basicly at the end of Twilight Princess you talk to midna for the last time and then she destroys the Mirror right? So what i was thinking about would be a continue of LoZ Twilight Princess, i see a really big opportunity here for a continue and a beginning of perhaps a TP 2.

Thoughts?

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
No, it wasn't a terrible game but it was too dark and I'd rather them work on toon Zelda games, twilight princess 2 would just prolong the wait.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
No.
Never.
Ever.
I see no reason for a sequel to Twilight Princess. The mirror is shattered, and iirc it can't be fixed. That's Nintendo code for "there won't be a TP2".

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Even though recently it seems Nintendo are taking into account sequel's and prequel's Etc. As well as making connections between games, I highly doubt we will see a direct sequel to Twilight Princess.

Now Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game in the series but this doesn't mean I think it should get a sequel, in fact I would like that tale to be left as it is. Even though I would love to see more information on the Twili race as well as many other aspects in TP I just don't see how a possible "TP2" would work. Midna shattered the mirror, it was heavily stated in the game that this was the only connection between the 2 world's and even though it was sad to see this happen it made for the perfect ending to a great game and I would like to keep it that way.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind a sequel to TP. Nintendo has released too many Toon Link games in the past decade-The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and The Wind Waker HD. Skyward Sword leaned towards the lighter art styles rendering Twilight Princess the only dark Zelda game since Majora's Mask.

The argument there is no logical place for a Twilight Princess sequel doesn't hold its ground. Ocarina of Time concluded with a self-contained ending yet Nintendo opted to create a direct sequel. While the Mirror of Twilight was broken, I have no doubt Nintendo can concoct some way to reintroduce Midna and the Twili in a future installment. After so many games in Hyrule, it would be refreshing to explore Midna's home world.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Maybe TP needs a "spiritual successor". A game that would involve the Twili and feature a similar tone to TP. The story and characters would be new and original, but the ideas and themes would carry on. Thus, you get TP 2, while allowing creativity and new ideas. I think it would be a good thing for Zelda to go back to a darker theme, and TP was just so amazing. We simply need to continue a game that good.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Too many stories out there get ruined with an unnecessary sequel that just completely messes up whatever the original had accomplished. I can't see Midna adding anything else to the series at all.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No.
Never.
Ever.
I see no reason for a sequel to Twilight Princess. The mirror is shattered, and iirc it can't be fixed. That's Nintendo code for "there won't be a TP2".

Recall that Aonuma said
Because of the way Twilight Princess ended, I don’t see her making a reappearance, but who knows? If we hear enough voices for her to come back, how can we not?
So there is indeed a way for TP2 to happen, if or if not Midna is concerned. My point being, TP2 can still happen whether it's a direct sequel or not. Not saying I vote yay or nay, but it's possible.

@OP
I believe I would like to see a Twilight Princess 2 so long as it's in the same vein of the original Twilight Princess; I'd love to see nothing but refining of pre-existing concepts, none of that 'innovation' crap we've been getting or the controls obviously tailored to the system. Aonuma said that Midna could come back, which insinuates (partly) that the Mirror of Twilight indeed could be repaired or some alternate method of traveling between the realms exists. Why not have that central to TP2, in a good way?

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
What I would rather see is a prequel that gives us more information on the origins of the twili and even the war that banned them to the twilight realm in the first place. I would not like to see Nintendo come up with a work around for the broken mirror, especially after repeatedly saying in game it was the only way to get to the twilight. But I think bringing the twili back via a prequel would be interesting, especially if it involved the war banning the twili from Hyrule.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I'd love to have one, there's just no way that they can, though. Already stated was the fact that Midna didn't break the mirror, she shattered it into a million pieces. There's no physically possible was of fixing it. So yes, I'd like to see one. No, I don't think there will be one.

Misha

derp
The game's graphical design was simply gorgeous. The textures were blury but i'm sure the Wii U can fix that in no time at all. I kind of want to see if we'll ever encounter the Twilight again...

Twilight princess kinda ended with a open ending when we see Link Riding off with Epona. Where he goes is anyone's guess, but that little bit during the credits did open an opportunity for TP Link to be seen again in a sequel of some kind. I think a TP sequel is possible because of that and I wouldn't mind if Nintendo did a vague follow on to Twilight Princess, similar fashion to Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask where they are sequels but not direct.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Seeing a follow up to the events of Twilight Princess would be a dream-come-true for me. Certainly, making such a prospect a reality has its challenges, with the elephant in the room being the destruction of the Mirror of Twilight. I maintain, however, that there are ways around it without compromising the integrity of the original game. For instance, one fine balance between bringing Midna back and ruining the emotional impact of her departure, I think, would be to introduce a reincarnation of the Twilight Princess, hundreds of years after the events of TP.

Twilight Princess brought fans a terrific addition to the Zelda mythos with the Twili, and it would be a shame to see such an intriguing race get tossed to the wayside after one game. The popularity surrounding Midna, as well as the aforementioned quote from Aonuma, does admittedly give me at least a modicum of hope.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ew. No. Never. Twilight Princess was an awful game. I would hate to see a sequel to it. Especially one that included Midna. I'm glad she's gone. I would never want to see her return. Besides, with the way the game ended, pretty much everything was wrapped up in a neat little bow. I see no reason to mess with that. I don't think there needs to be a sequel, and I definitely wouldn't want one, either. The further Nintendo strays from Twilight Princess, the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom