• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Download Remakes on VC?

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
If you have a 3DS, and they released remakes of the older titles, would you buy them on the virtual console? Do you prefer playing on an older handheld with the original cartridge?

Personally, I'd really like to have more titles on my 3DS. I think it would boost popularity in the console and would save me from losing any old carts.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
For the sake of having more customers, I'd buy games on VC rather than have to spend who knows how much on the original handheld and original cartridge. Holding a GBC/GBA is much more cooler than a 3DS, but there aren't many people who have access to the GBC/GB/SGB/GBA whereas the 3DS is much more widespread and in stock.

I don't think I would buy remakes, as G/S/C have already been remade as HG/SS and G/B/R/Y have already sorta been remade as FR/LF. Having those remakes on the VC would be okay, though not a remake of a remake of the original. That would be too much effort on Nintendo/Game Freak's part, and thus they would have trouble pushing them out for download.

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
I'm still holding out hope for a possible Pokémon Snap on 3DS. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it just seems perfect.

Well proberly see Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, and possibly Emerald on the Virtual Console, but as for remakes on the Virtual console, no because Game Freak has a tradition to fully remake a generation after 10 years after it's release. So in two years time, we may see a Ruby/Sapphire remake.

Last edited:
I would buy them, even though that kills the awesomeness of RBY and GSC. I just love the games to much not to

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I'm still holding out hope for a possible Pokémon Snap on 3DS. I don't know if it will ever happen, but it just seems perfect.
I would love to play Pokemon Snap on the 3DS! I hope it happens. I wish they continued the Snap series like they did with the Stadium series and had a Johto centered game, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova region based game. It would be cool to see the newer guys bop around on a fun island where you can snap some photos and possibly share them with friends.

Also, I wouldn't buy the games again on the 3DS. I already own them on cartridges, and I can emulate them on my PC. I know it's not right to be using emulators, but I would only use it for the games that have a burnt out internal battery like Gold and Silver.

Fig

The Altruist
I would buy the downloads, only because I need more apps on my 3DS. That, and because I love Pokemon! :P

Well, there is going to be an app kind of like Face Raiders, where you shoot little items, I'm assuming Pokeballs, at the Pokemon. This app is toing to appear around June or July.

pokemon on vc would be cool, but how would you be able to trade? They should adjust the games to be able to trade with spotpass or something. As for now, i guess roms are the closest things to pokemon on vc

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I'd buy Red/ Blue/ Yellow in a heartbeat for my 3DS! Even if it means I won't be able to trade at all, they're just classic and fun. Nintendo and Game Freak would probably be laughing all the way to the bank.

Pinhead101

Pokemon Master
I would definitely buy the originals if they were released.
Just seems fit for the system.
Also Pokemon Snap 3DS would be epic :D

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
One thing to keep in mind is that the Wii U will have Nintendo Gamecube titles available for download so we can see the Stadium-esque games for download there.

I would probably download the games even though I could just play them on the original consoles, it'd be nice to have them all on the same console so I could just switch between them effortlessly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom