• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Do It? The Adventure. The Obligation.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum,
this is The Seventh Hierarch again, and i'm curious. If you woke up from a dream one night and you were in Link's treehouse in among the Kokiri, (The start of Oot). Would you follow what you know is Link's destiny? What would you do? Would you yourself actually complete the quests assigned to link?

:triforce: Don't forget to comment :) :triforce:

13foxes

This is interesting. Since I knew that Link's quest had a happy ending, and when I die I could be revived by a fairy, and I could meet so many people and fight a lots of monsters, etc, so OF COURSE I'll go and try my best to complete Link's quest. I could explore more things, ask questions to the characters, or change the story a little to see what's gonna happen, or try to go outside Hyrule,... Going into a video game is a dream comes true to me. :xd: Besides, completing the game may be the only way to get back home (or get to another Zelda game and see how the timeline goes)

G

goronslikefire

I would fill out his quest, but I might make it easier, like hiring a locksmith for the water temple.

DayDreamer

Wahoo!
I might make it easier, like hiring a locksmith for the water temple.
XD that proves that link doesn't use his head eh?

Anyway, I would help link on his quest to save hyrule mainly because he is the hero of time and not me XD I would get to adventure in the safety of a little kid in green tights while saving the world from gannon who in which I would be to sacred to fight by myself.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'd definately do it. After all, there'd be swords, archery, adventure, swords, magic, swords, did I mention there'd be swords? Seriously, that'd be the best thing that ever happened to me. After all, I kill spiders bigger than Gohma on a daily basis... well in my imagination I do. Not to mention, I'd be smarter than Link was. I'd hire a locksmith with my obscene amounts of rupees to get through the Water Temple. Seventy Keys that will unlock any door will mean that I never need to go key hunting in Temples.

I'd also do all the sidequests except the 100 Gold Skultula sidequest. All you get is 200 rupees from doing that so I'd just stop after fifty.

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
I would probably try, and get through at least the first 2 temples, but couldn't get myself to go inside of a giant fish.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Well yes I'd at least try it sounds like it would be sooooooo much fun to go on a huge adventure. But I might not make it very far my body isnt built for hard tasks like picking up boulders but I can run if that counts for anything. But anyway yes I would do it.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Not sure. I like to think of myself as tough, but I'm susceptible to stress and getting frustrated easily. Having fairies around and other allies would help, though. Oh, but I'd think I'd have to hire some smuck or force Sheik to do stuff that involves great heights and falling... Spiders and snakes (dragons) I can deal with - killed both kinds irl and I think tarnatulas are downright cute... the undead creatures would facinate me, but I *hate* the sensation of falling.

I could see myself trying to save the skin and skulls of monsters I killed as trophies, though... cramming up that hammerspace. Somehow, someway, I would find a way to hang Volvagia's skull up in the treehouse - and I would paint stuff on it.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
All of those answers are very realistic, and I like all of your approaches. I guess it all depends on how much you really can maneuver yourself like link. If I had the skills of link, or maybe just slightly better then my own, you'd better believe i'd be out there in termina and hyrule destroying evil....or becomming it.....

:triforce: Thanks for commenting!!! :triforce:

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I myself am a big scaredy cat so I am guessing that I would probably be like: "Oh my gosh, where am I? What you want me to save the world?! WHAT?!"

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
I think it would be the water parts that i'd fail. I'm not a terrible swimmer, but I don't particularly like deep places with monsters =o, i.e the water temple in Oot.

:triforce: thanks for posting! :triforce:

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
N...no. No. I can truthfully say that realistically, I straight up wouldn't be able to do it. Actually, I can say straight up I wouldn't have to do it, because no goddess in her right mind would pick me for the job. No way.
The reason? I'm simply nothing like Link. At one point I would have kidded myself, trying to think I was tough and would do anything for adventure, but now, I know that isn't entirely true. The exploration and adventure side of it, I would love... to be able to see and experience so many places and things, would be amazing. But I panic under pressure. I doubt myself. I hesitate. A lot. And a lot of situations petrify me. I'm scare of falling. I'm scared of failing. I procrastinate. I shift the blame. I don't always do the right thing, and I don't always put it right either. I've shamelessly cheated on a few occasions. I have lied many times, sadly occasionally for my own gain. I'm not Link. And I couldn't do it.

That's not to say I wouldn't try though... that much I could do. But you wanna know the point at which I would break, and be reduced to a mumbling, swearing heap of self-loathing, tearing at my hair and yelling at Navi that I just couldn't do it, it isn't fair? Let's see... oh yes, the part in the Great Deku Tree when you have to jump down three stories onto a spider web, and fall another story. (That of course is assuming I actually managed to kill all the spiders on the wall first without freaking out and hesitating and generally thinking about it too much, and not actually making any progress.) It's when your under pressure, you truly learn what kind of person you are inside, and I know from experience, I'm not the kind of person cut out for going around saving the world. Or the kind of person who is even chosen to save the world, for that matter XD

I hope that wasn't too depressing an answer XD... but it's a truthful one at least.

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Haha, nice answer, in reality, if I didn't have the skills of link, I'd have to completly agree with you.

:triforce: Thanks for replying! :triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom