• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would You Date Link?

Now think about this before you answer. Yeah, he saves the world on a regular basis, and he's attractive, and he's well, Link. But, you probably wouldn't get to see him very often (he'd be off defeating Ganon) And then there'd also be alot of one sided conversations... There's probably other positives or negatives I didn't think of too.

Personally I don't think I would date him, (due to the negatives up above)

What do you think? What reasoning do you have behind that decision?

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
I would date him. I don't need much loving, so I'd be fine with him constantly saving the world. I prefer to talk uninterrupted, which would make his speach-imparement a plus. And he's big and strong enough that we can snuggle together, and I can read to him, on those cold winter nights...I dream too much. :)

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Hmmm...let me think about thi--

YES!

I don't think the fact that he would often be busy should serve to change anyone's mind. To have a heart full of pureness and love, and to know, acknowledge and share those feelings, that would create an emotional bond ever untouched by his tangible presence (or lack thereof) during any day, or any night.

Link is perfectly fine as he is.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've already got a man that I'm happy with, but...

I wouldn't see him as a bad boyfriend. First of all, he's a man who knows how to shut up - quiet, would let his lady do all the talking while he listened... lots of women like that, you know. Secondly, it seems he knows how to be devoted and OBEDIENT to the women in his life (Zelda, Midna) - and that is definitely a plus. Given his role, he'd be a very protective sort, the kind you'd feel safe around. Now, he would be away a lot, so you'd have to be the kind of woman who's comfortable being alone (me, I am. I like solitude to the point that I tend to be pretty glad when my guy is at work, not because I don't love him to pieces, it's just that... I'm just a loner by nature). Link would be worrisome to have as a significant other, though, as one would worry for his life and health since he's typically off doing dangerous things. Hope he's left you with a good life insurance plan.

And, well, if you're a guy and gay, read what I said above replacing "lady" and "woman," eh.

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Well no, since I already have a loving boyfriend who I wouldn't trade for the world.

However, for the sake of the argument lets pretend Tim doesn't exist, Sorry Hun. c:

I would date him. I'll be upfront and say that I've had a crush on Ocarina of Time Link since I was pretty young, so getting the chance to date one of your first crushes is not an opportunity that comes by very often. And while the long distant relationship would be difficult, it isn't something I'm not use to and couldn't handle.

He's got all those good boyfriend qualities too: He's quiet and is a good listener, if Link doesn't agree with you, you can force him into a endless yes or no window cycle until he does say yes (see: Scene in Zelda's Garden in OoT ). He's pretty darn good at fullfilling requests too. I bet if you sent him to the store he would come back with Lon Lon Milk, and with more rupees in his pocket than when he left.

And of course very reliable and dedicated to see his promises through. Most of the time anyways. He did get cold feet with Princess Ruto... ):

Just to clarify again: This only applies to OoT Link. TP Link is a bit too obedient for my taste, and all the others are not old enough to be thinking about having a girlfriend anyways. :lol:

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
He's got all those good boyfriend qualities too: He's quiet and is a good listener, if Link doesn't agree with you, you can force him into a endless yes or no window cycle until he does say yes (see: Scene in Zelda's Garden in OoT ). He's pretty darn good at fullfilling requests too. I bet if you sent him to the store he would come back with Lon Lon Milk, and with more rupees in his pocket than when he left.

How long do you think it would take him to get that Lon Lon Milk and extra rupees?

Yeah, you all bring up very good points. I think I'll refrase my answer now that I have some more ideas.

I'm still gonna say no, I think he would be a wonderful person, don't get me wrong. But, I'm a bit quiet in person, and I'd rather have a boy that does most of the talking, (until I get to know him really well anyways) and I would be really worried when he off on adventures, and lets just say for arguments sake I went with him adventuring, he'd probably be one of those guys who would be too worried if I was to get into a dangerous situation, and not let me handle it by myself.

(Also, I'm sorry this topic is aimed at straight girls/gay guys. But I suppose if you like girls, you could answer about whether you'd date Princess Zelda.)

Last edited:
S

Sheik

I've already got a man that I'm happy with, but...

I wouldn't see him as a bad boyfriend. First of all, he's a man who knows how to shut up - quiet, would let his lady do all the talking while he listened... lots of women like that, you know. Secondly, it seems he knows how to be devoted and OBEDIENT to the women in his life (Zelda, Midna) - and that is definitely a plus. Given his role, he'd be a very protective sort, the kind you'd feel safe around. Now, he would be away a lot, so you'd have to be the kind of woman who's comfortable being alone (me, I am. I like solitude to the point that I tend to be pretty glad when my guy is at work, not because I don't love him to pieces, it's just that... I'm just a loner by nature). Link would be worrisome to have as a significant other, though, as one would worry for his life and health since he's typically off doing dangerous things. Hope he's left you with a good life insurance plan.

And, well, if you're a guy and gay, read what I said above replacing "lady" and "woman," eh.

THIS! You took the words right out of my, erm, mind.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
As long as he is willing to have Sex with me. Oh, damn, wrong Thread :D

I would date him. I mean, if I were a girl. But I think every girl would fall in love with such a nice guy like him.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
Definitely. The main reason is because I'll never have to worry about him dying on me since he'll always come back alive (by respawning)! Not to mention that he's a total meat shield. Hundreds of flaming arrows to the heart? No problem! 8D

Haha, but seriously. He's modest, gentle, kindhearted... And according to the manga, too nice for his own good. He's actually the very image of an ideal guy for me. Selfless and protective. Plus he knows how to fight. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom