• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Would Giving Pokemon a Story Line Based on Love Be Epic?

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
Okay give me a chance to explain. For a second, imagine a Pokemon game that is based much more on story than every before. Sure, Black and White upped the bar, but imagine a Pokemon game that evoked such a deep story that it actually sucked you in. It starts off in gray with you and (if you picked a guy) a girl meeting, talking at first and getting her phone number. It then skips to the two of you sitting on a hill with the wind blowing, her saying how she will love you forever... then it forwards through many different memories of you and her... then finally them all fading white with the scenes stopping... with only her words saying "I found someone else..... I'm sorry......" You then wake up by a phone ringing from your friend, who is a Pokemon professor. He tells you he has a surprise that will cheer you up, which upon arriving is a starter Pokemon, thus beginning the adventure. As the story unfolds, you find out the guy who your ex broke up with you for is the leader of a new crime organization (this game's version of Giovanni to Rocket, Archie to Aqua, Cyrus to Galactic, etc.) He taunts you constantly about how he is so much out of your league; however, you never see her the whole journey. The final showdown with the organization's leader is when he reveals that he and her had broken up. Over the course of the game you come to specific areas where you remember memories you made with her. When finally defeating the Elite 4, you step into the Champion's room to, for the first time in the game, come face to face with your ex. This would bring a dramatic final battle to the game, while evoking emotions never before seen in a Pokemon game. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This would definitely be worthwhile. I'm in love with love-based stories as it is - they're some of my favorite writing material - and to see this translated to a Pokemon game would be quite effective, obviously if done right. The only problem would be the Pokemon involved...Gen II or no dice.

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
This would definitely be worthwhile. I'm in love with love-based stories as it is - they're some of my favorite writing material - and to see this translated to a Pokemon game would be quite effective, obviously if done right. The only problem would be the Pokemon involved...Gen II or no dice.
Yes me too. I find love to always be the ingredients of something epic. And as for me, I love every gen so it wouldn't be a prob as of which Pokemon lol

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Absolutely not. It's technically a kids game. I don't think children could wrap their minds around the concept of love. :dry:

I wouldn't mind it, love is not needed in such a game but it is important in real life, and if it brought more to pokemon then it might be a good thing.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Hmm... 'fraid I'm gonna hafta side with Sonic on this one. Pokemon is mainly targeted towards children, and it should remain that way. That's not to say Pokemon can't handle deeper subject matter; Gen 5 is a perfect example of that. And I'd definitely like them to take on other subjects; having a game set during an active war where the main focus is on defeating an enemy nation using Pokemon would really change things up and push it even further into the moral gray zone we all like. But romance isn't something children would likely grasp all that well, so that shouldn't be the main focus of a Pokemon game.

Drahsid

~Deku Drahsid~ | The Hero
The real question is; To be, Or to not to be.
Think about that.
It sounds like you want some sugar. :p I'm not giving you any.
anyways, Pokemon is for the younger people, tha'd ruen pokemon's marketing, and in a few years it would turn out to be a Ao game.
ew.

In the long-term, Pokemon isn't about story it's about Competitive battling, so the Story shouldn't be the main focus. If you want a love story, make one at Pokéstudios. Besides even if the theme of the story is love, it would more likely be about the love of Pokémon, not about the love of People and Pokémon Trainers.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Absolutely not. It's technically a kids game. I don't think children could wrap their minds around the concept of love. :dry:
Pokémon is not entirely a kids game. It has an extremely large audience, with varying ages. I'm sure most players would be able to wrap their minds around the concept of love and affection.

To answer the OP, I wouldn't mind it at all, but they need to make it work. If they can't find a way to make it work, then it's not worth my time.

Mido

Version 1
Honestly, it seems to me that the concept of love has already been incorporated into the Pokemon Game series, especially within its later installments. Pokemon Black and White seemed to feature a more complex form of love. Along the lines of what Vaati101 was saying, the love seems to be geared toward the love of the pokemon themselves. Love could evolve in later games, but I am unsure of how it could be implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom