• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Worst Moment in Zelda

Have we had this one yet, probably?

I'm thinking more in terms of narrative and plot here; a scene in Zelda which made you roll your eyes, sigh in dismay and shake your head or just royally annoy you.

My worst moment would be in Skyward Sword, after successfully unlocking the three provinces below and forging the Master Sword (an arduous task) we were then tasked with finding the song of the hero... I didn't mind the prospect of a third leg of the story but there could have been a better reason to traverse each province again in search of something that didn't aid you in battle and just served to be the longest reference in Zelda history...

(The reference being to Link's Awakening.)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
The worst thing plot wise?I have two tied for first place in my book. Both of them aren't things that happened but rather things that didn't. They both also don't only include story, but other aspects of the game as well.

First is the lack of a REAL appearance from Dark Link in Twilight Princess. The theme of the game was Light, Shadow and Darkness... its practically screaming for him to come in! And he could've fit so perfectly as an important character. But what did we get? A cameo shot in a story telling scene, perhaps the worst scene in the game. TP had a really good first impression on me, but after that scene as I was like "Wait... that's it? You're kidding me? Oh well, I'm sure he'll appear later." But he didn't.

The second is the story of SS. (Here we go again) I was disappointed that SS's story did not expand on the Zelda universe. If it had been just another Zelda game, I wouldn't have cared as much, but as a prequel, its job was to build off of the stories that inspired it, which SS did not do well. The fact that it is not only a prequel but is a prequel to OoT, one of the series most influential titles, and the entire Zelda series itself, makes the situation even worse. Rather than expounding on details, SS introduced a lot of new plots to the history of Hyrule, which as I said is fine and dandy, but not for a prequel.

The worst thing that actually did happen, I would say was Fi's goodbye scene at the end of SS. Alot of people have defended this scene, but I don't buy it. Fi was an emotionless character with no sign of change throughout the entire game. Suddenly, at the end, she goes into a long emotional speech. I'm actually supposed to believe this? This scene felt so rushed, and I truly believe the part was thrown in cliche-ly (not a word) so that players could have an emotional moment. If Fi had showed changed throughout the game, I would be fine, but to wait until the last second and say "There was no sign, but she changed, so cry for her" is out of character and bad storytelling. I, honestly, would've felt more emotion if Fi had maintained her emotionless status.
"Our job is done, goodbye Master." That might have made me cry.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree with both JJ and RP, although I'm not sure what an Armogohma is. I looked on many Wikis and haven't found anything. :right:

The worst moment in Zelda in my opinion...well, there are several of those. \

1) SS' story, as outlined by RP.

2) Zelda revealing herself as youknowwho was pretty weak IMO.

Last edited:
Over whelming dungeons. A good example is Sky Keep, I had no idea where/how I would start andwas completely confused, but I srtill manged to get through it.

This one's pretty weird.

I'm a hoarder, and I collect money A LOT. In the Triumph Fork quest in WW, I had to get the tingle map. That was enough money spent for a while. Then I needed to get my maps DECODED!? After running around and having to look for them forever? That's the only time I ragequit a Zelda game, other than the Silent Realms (That one doesn't need an explanation). Of course, I went back later-with walkthrough in hand-and beat it easy. My poor wallet took quite a beating that day, though:(.

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
When King Zora took half of the time it took me to finish the game just to move out of my way! Also the prices in some things. Like maps or map deciphering, i nearly exploded when they told me the prices. I decided then i won't even buy a map anymore! Also in SS when you had to do the Silent Realms the first time I was panicking because I don't like those "They are coming to get you moments" and also you hear their footsteps and then the remote starts to vibrate. By the third one I was used to it so it was kind of fun being chased around. That was probably the only time I ever had a very long break from a Zelda game.

Zelda_1224

Hyrule Knight
My worste zelda moment was after i defeated majora's mask on a speed run right as i was defeating majora's wrath, there was a black out and i got so mad i broke my phone

How about Phantom Hourglass....

Having loved playing Wind Waker so much, I expected to really enjoy this game. The whole thing was a big pile of suckage... and I quit halfway through.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
When they shattered the Mirror of Twilight -___- My dream of the Twili being in any other game was shattered with the mirror as well :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom