• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

World of Dragons RP

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
At first glance, it appeared to be a typical morning in Cliff Town. Many of its inhabitants were up and about, draclings were playing in the street under the watchful eyes of their parents, the street vendors were opening up their shops, etc.

But everyone knew that this was a different sort of day. It was the annual gathering of the five kingdoms, and it was the Peace Keeper kingdom's turn to host it. Soon, dragons from the rest of the kingdoms would be gathering in Cliff Town to discuss the state of the realm.

Hurik, like many others, knew exactly what the discussion would be. Something had to be done about the recent wave of gnorc attacks. Whether this would mean war or not was up to the elders. Honestly, she wanted to see all gnorcs torched on sight. Nobody should be able to mess with dragons and get away with it. The young peace keeper decided to spend her time chasing jackrabbits until the time came.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Rivn lay in the shade on top of one of the higher buildings. Day time simply wasn't his forte, especially after a long night chasing out rogue gnorcs. The dragons had to be ever vigilant, and Dream Weavers preferred the night anyway, so Rivn always volunteered for night watch. He was having trouble sleeping in this unfamiliar city, though. The sun seemed to shine much more harshly here.

He had to settle for a half dazed resting more often than not, as he did now. Eyes half closed, he could see some of the city coming to life. A young golden dragon was chasing jackrabbits in the distance. His eyes started to flutter closed as he watched her. He finally fell asleep.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Jack, wait up!" The young fairy follows his master frantically. "You're too fast!"
Jack slows, and Felix catches up. "Use your magic next time." He says, then alights on Hurik. "Hi Hurik."

Dragoncat

((So you've decided he knows her? Okay...))

Hurik blinked. "Morning Felix, Jack. How are things with the fairies today?" She knew the fairies had been trying to remain neutral so far, the gnorcs hadn't done anything to them after all. Perhaps this had changed? She didn't know, in fact she hadn't seen her fairy friends in weeks. Fairies often did that, retreating to their own society for a while before going back to dragon territory.

The jackrabbit escaped from her claws and ran and hid under a prickly cactus. So much for having roasted rabbit for breakfast...

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"Everything is fine. I like these festivals..." Jack smiles.

Felix goes after the jackrabbit and scares it out of hiding.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
"It's still interesting." Jack shrugs. "Nice work, Felix."
"Thank you!" Felix laughs, and some fire flits around him.

Dragoncat

((So...since we have very few people, we may all take control of a dragon elder or multiple dragon elders. There's a list of the ones from the game here. You'll have to click on the parts of the walkthrough to see them though, OR you can make up your own, but if you do that I'd prefer that you make a SU...))

"Interesting, huh..." Hurik said. Either the gnorcs really weren't bothering the fairies, or these two were doing a really good job hiding their concern or fear or whatever. Before she could say anything else, a loud ringing sounded in the distance. "That means it's starting, gotta go." She waved with one front paw and took off towards where the gathering would be.

Titan was a large, powerful peace keeper with rusty colored scales. The Peace Keeper kingdom chose leaders based mainly on strength. While the other kingdoms tended to find this ridiculous at times, it worked. Very few creatures wanted to tangle with the peace keepers because of it. Titan, like most of his fellow peace keepers, wanted war. He had seen the gnorcs, they were becoming braver and venturing further into dragon territory, even stealing eggs. This wasn't good.

Already the others were arriving. Titan rose to his paws and took his place among the other elders.

Moonstone

((Is it alright to assume that our characters will be accepted? I'll edit whatever needs to be changed.))

Something nudged Rivn's side. He jumped up, ready for a fight. Yzua smiled down at him, her silver eyes gleaming. "You slept through the bells. It's time to go."

Rivn nodded, and the two headed toward the gathering. When they arrived, Yzua went ahead to stand with the other elders. Rivn saw her take her place next to Lateef, the leader of the Dream Weavers.

The Dream Weavers preferred practicing their craft and dreaming over war, but desperate times called for desperate measures, and anything that threatened dragon kind threatened their species as well. They were more than willing to join the cause. Though their numbers were few, their preference to night still made them valuable allies.

Dragoncat

Titan nodded to the crowd. "Let the annual gathering of the dragon kingdoms begin. The Peace Keeper kingdom has experienced more rainfall this year than what we're used to, Dry Canyon isn't living up to its name at the moment..."

"We have also had plenty of rain." Nestor, leader of the artisans, said. "But not more than usual."

"Five eggs have been taken in the past week." Cosmos of the magic crafters bristled. "Something must be done about the gnorcs."

Titan had been waiting for that to come up. "Yes. I suggest a zero tolerance approach, all gnorcs suspected of anything should be killed." The peace keepers cheered.

Moonstone

The Dream Weaver elders nodded their support. The gnorcs had been a thorn in the side of the dragon race for ages, and no peace could be forged between the species. To make matters worse, the gnorcs always targeted dragon eggs. Their underhanded tactics could not be tolerated for any reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom