• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wired or Bluetooth?

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
What do you prefer? Both of them have their own adv and disadvantages. Though I use Bluetooth mostly, I often forget to charge them. I'm thinking of switching back to wired.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Champion
Personally, I prefer wired. I still use BT but on rare occasions. I just think that wired is more reliable.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Wired. Bluetooth is just one more thing I have to charge. If they're not, I am totally unable to use it for that. They're way too easy to lose. and they both last about the same amount of time anyway. So why would I pay a crazy amount of something much easier to lose that won't last any longer that I constantly have to recharge? It's too inconvenient.

Plus, in general, you shouldn't have your bluetooth enabled at all times anyway because it's a massive security risk. You can be vulnerable to all sorts of things that way.

DarthCreeper10

mowing my life away
ZD Champion
Bluetooth is just much more smooth and fluid to me. Wired is annoying because I have to constantly move my head and get the wires to not annoy me.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have some AirPods earbuds and AirPods Max headphones and love the experience using them - especially how I can be looking at my phone then turn my head to look at my computer or iPad and they'll just know to start playing the sound from that device instead.

I work at a computer and generally am never far away enough from a charger port for long enough for the charge aspect to be an issue - it is much more comfortable without the wire too.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I prefer wired generally because I don't have to worry about batteries and connection issues, but if I'm moving around listening to something or want to control a computer from the couch, wireless peripherals are nice.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
It depends. Most of my stuff is wired (barring my earbuds, since phone companies suck and my Pixel 7a lacks a headphone jack), but I do use wireless headphones at home. There's something freeing about getting up to do the dishes without breaking the rhythm set by whatever video essay I'm watching.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'll always pick wired over Bluetooth. I hate having to charge my headphones, and I'm always paranoid they're not on and I'm playing whatever I'm listening to out loud. Plus I like to be able to just plug my headphones in and listen to something without waiting for them to turn on and connect. I'd rather deal with the inconvenience of having my phone in my pocket than that.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Wired because 9 out of 10 times I forget to charge. But on the otherhand...me + wired = doom. I often step on the wires or get them in my face or the headphone is too big and falls off my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom