• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Windwaker Review

B

Beth

I agree with everything you posted!

WW is my fav zelda game next to Zelda III ^^

Twilight Princess kind of felt...well..really easy and it didn't have enough side quests.
I felt kind of cramped playing it..I can't really discribe how I feel.

But WW didn't feel that way at all to me

I really like the game ^^

Well since i don't see a WW thread anywhere else, I'll just put this here. Spoilers too if anyone hasn't played it.

Also thought that this game was awesome. It's cel-shaded look was pure awesomeness, and I agree, made it look different than all the rest which is good in some cases including this one. Link was more expressioned in this game as well, which really made him the only Link who actually gave a damn about what happened. Storyline was good for the most part, but of course the Triforce pieces just dragged the game on. Ganon was of course a little on the big side in this game, which brings me to the final battle. Wasn't actually a fan of it, I wish they could have made it a little more like the TP fight. The good part did come though when Ganon got stabbed, turned into stone and finally died. (At least for now anyway) And yet another plot twist when you found out that the boat is actually the King of Hyrule, and damn, he must be immortal too, because how can he live for that long? They still could have explored Hyrule a little bit more, it did seem like a very small Kingdom in that game. Tons of side quests on the islands, and an ever so huge map. The sailing I was actually okay with, and I don't see why people hate it so much, seeing as you get the Ballad of Gales halfway through the game. We also had who I like to call little buddy, Makar, he is so awesome. Ganon could actually have been a little bit more on the evil side, he seemed almost a little bit too nice. They did also kind of stray away from the normal format of the game, three dungeons, then something happens, and then like nine dungeons after. Here they did three dungeons, something happened, and then two dungeons and collecting the Triforce Pieces. Anywho, post is getting a little bit on the long side, so too sum it up, awesome game, and I think that a lot of people should like it more for being different.

G

Ganondorf11365

I loved WW.I thought it was a cool game with Toon Link.Most of the game was pretty well done like the fight with Ganon(The music was pretty cool),when you had to find the lost pieces of the Triforce,and the characters went in pretty good with the game.I liked it a lot and I'd rate it a 10/10 :D

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess I will give it 8,5 or 9 even though I love it very much. There were to few dungeons I think and some of the bosses could have been more challenging/interesting. Do not understand me wrong, please. I do really love the game but it is not perfect.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
If you love sidequests the go play Majora's Mask xD
I just fell in love with the Wind Waker, cel-shaded graphics look awsome to me.
The game felt good to me, but when i completely fell in love with it was when you got to under water Hyrule and Took the Master Sword out of the pedestal, all those stained glasses with the 7 sages and Ganon..awsome

I

imthemailman

the wind waker probably one of the top zelda games made is well in my opinion a classic. Now some of you have compared this game to twilight princess and said that you enjoyed twilight better i personally prefer windwaker as it has a much more believable storyline and a more of a reason to actually motivate your way through it. now there is also a conversation about endings? well lets put it this way i havnt played windwaker in 2 years and i just beat ganondorf by 2 and a 1/2 hearts with 4 fairys meaning: havnt played for a while? bring lots of fairys!! as twilights boss is like way more epic in like how long it is and forms. but i came back to it and did alright but i did have less time between plays as twilight at around 6 months.graphics windwaker for the win as they show him with more expression in his face and it was quite easy to understand him by his faces and just the cartoony feel was really great as in twilight i felt like they kind of tried to make him look well.... to good as it wasnt a great representation of what i have grown up with him like (orangy blonde hair) and he looked fat when you first started before you got your tunic so it just didnt feel right. well a big part for me in zelda is SIDEQUESTS now these can either be completely useless, fun yet useless and fun and helpful now in windwaker their is like an island on every piece of map (yeah i went to every part of the map and found every god dam island and i still only have half a magic bar!!!) most useless but still fun to explore in twilight i found that after you finished the game their was no sidequests you had explored everywhere and yeah bored after ganondorf. bosses well id have to say wind waker didnot have enough bosses and as it took a long time to get to them more bosses would be awesome!!!1 but twilight princess wins boss fights as i did get them on first try but it took me a while and was challenging as in wind waker as the bosses were good they lacked the hardness that makes my day. as a whole i prefer wind waker as i played that for alot longer and enjoyed it over a longer amount of time as twilight was good and all but it didnt match the wind waker in my opinion so yeah it took me a while but i finally told you my conclusion wooot gratz if actually read it all and gratz link on completing all your adventures without uttering a word

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Your post is badly typo-ed, it's confusing, and please, write down the words correctly, you just made my head ache

P

p0tat0eboy

I loved Windwaker... One day I finally beat it... After every island, every battle... At the very moment when you should restart the game in your pyjamas... The game asks you to save over and restart, or to continue. As I was very young, and my knowledge in English wasn't great. I couldn't figure out what it meant. Thus I erased my game. I loved Windwaker. I never played again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom