• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Wind Waker HD or Original Wind Waker?

H

Hierarchic

I've recently come across an original copy of Wind Waker which I've never played. I'm trying to decide whether I should play the original or wait for the HD remake on the Wii U, so what do you guys think? :P

DarkLink17

Well then
Yeah, start with the G-Cube version. The new one is supposed to have a hard mode anyways, so you can compare the two playthroughs.

Besides, the original will always have that retro/nostalgic feel the remakes don't.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Yeah, I agree with what has been said so far. You should play the original first, so you can get the feel for what makes the game so great to the gaming community. Then you can experience it in glorious HD and see the differences while enjoying the sights even more than you thought you could.

H

Hierarchic

Thanks for the replies! I guess I'll be starting Wind Waker tonight :D and I do plan on playing through both I was just deciding which to play first.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Get HD. It's the exact same thing, only with the annoyances removed.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, I'd play the original. In fact, since there's few differences between the new and old version, I'd focus your money onto new and different games that are coming out.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm playing TWW and I have to say, HD will be better. Honestly I just spent two minutes doing absolutely nothing (I was at sea). If you take two minutes remotely seriously, then HD will be for you.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Everyone has pretty much covered it.

The Wind Waker is still a great game visually, it hasn't aged all that much, so you can experience it without having that lingering thought about the age of the game. However, like people have said, definitely purchase the newer installment as well. This way you get to notice the changes and the contrast between the games. You might play the original and think the sailing was a hindrance, but this is made much more efficient in the remake, or you my think the graphics are slightly outdated compared to modern games, but play Wind Waker HD and there you have those glorious graphics.

Basically you will get to play the same game twice, but get slightly different experiences which will make you appreciate the remake on another level, rather than simply playing that one in the first place.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Out of bicuriosity, would you guys recommend I get the original OoT alongside OoT3D? :O

Just saying, because the games are practically identical, only OoT3D is objectively less annoying (bar the rolling animations, of course), objectively better looking, and objectively smoother. So why should I go to great lengths to get the more annoying version alongside the less annoying version? It will be the same sort of thing with TWW and TWWHD. Why not just shoot for the better version or, if money does not allow that (say Hierarchic doesn't have a Wii U or the funds to get one), get the cheaper one? :O

:)

Salem

SICK
Out of bicuriosity, would you guys recommend I get the original OoT alongside OoT3D? :O

Just saying, because the games are practically identical, only OoT3D is objectively less annoying (bar the rolling animations, of course), objectively better looking, and objectively smoother. So why should I go to great lengths to get the more annoying version alongside the less annoying version? It will be the same sort of thing with TWW and TWWHD. Why not just shoot for the better version or, if money does not allow that (say Hierarchic doesn't have a Wii U or the funds to get one), get the cheaper one? :O

:)
Original version can be played on the big screen while the 3ds version can only be played on handheld.

Also it's not objectively better looking.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Well, for OoT, I'd get the 64 version. It's the classic game the brims with nostalgia and collector's value. The originality and effort in that version are amazing. It's objectively better that a 3Ds remake, although I doubt most have the fine collector's mindset that makes one care about such things. Anyway, OoT3D is still awesome, but I'd go with the 64.

H

Hierarchic

I have a Wii U and I already plan on picking up WWHD but I was just wondering which to play first :P As for OoT, it really depends on which you'd prefer. The original is a really great experience that I think is really fun to play but someone who's used to a bit more modern games may have trouble getting into it due to the controller and the looks of the game and things like that. If you're like that I'd say pick up OoT3D because it fixes things of that sort and makes it feel more modern but if it doesn't matter to you then play the original or both if you can :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom