• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wind Waker 3D: Should They Make It?

Big Octo

=^)
Even if it could work, I wouldn't want it. It's good as it is, it doesn't need to be unnecessarily sugar-coated. I don't want to see it like that, but it might have a chance on the WiiU, but only on the VC, not a remake.

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Not really don't want any more ports to be honest I like more Zelda games to be brand new (with Toon Link :P) not ported even though it's nice to have I'd rather have new adventures on the go and play great games like Wind Waker in my bedroom :)

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Nah, I want new adventures. WW is one of my favorites, and having it be portable would be awsome, an the 3DS has better quality than my GameCube. . . . Never mind, I WANT!!! NOW!!!!

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
My answer would be... NO...
Sadly i wouldnt like it to be on the 3DS, i think this is a game fine as it is now, I approve operation moonfall, because Majoras Mask would look awesome on the 3DS and its a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time, If a new generation played OoT 3D i think they should know about MM. WW on the other hand isn't a direct sequel and is for the gamecube, so they can play it on the wii, besides WW looks awesome, for the time being, as it is. MAYBE for the Wii U...

Oh! And For the record i LOVE WW, its my 2nd favorite Zelda game.

...No. The only thing that made me like OoT 3D was the new graphics, and WW already has nice graphics. I would rather have MM3d, just cause OoT wouldnt be compleate with out MM.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
First off, Wind Waker was 128-bit, not 126. The N64 had 64-bit games, hence its name.

They will sooner or later. Probably in 2012 or 2013. I know this because Pokemon games are always remade 10 years after they get launched, so Wind Waker is no different probably. They just need to wait a very long time so the game feels revived, and it just seems right to do it once the years reach double digits.

the WW will be downloadable on the Wii U most likely...and since you can play that portably..you kind of get your wish lol

As much as I would love all of these 3DS Legend of Zelda remakes, I honestly feel that Nintendo should invest their time working on new titles. The major reason that they remade Ocarina of Time 3D was because this year is the franchise's 25[sup]th[/sup] anniversary. Ocarina of Time was one of the most-successful games from the series, so it was remade again, but for the 3DS--with improved graphics, probably because there are always those haters who judge a game on its graphics...

You must remember that Nintendo alone didn't work on it, though. They had GREZZO help as well, so that Nintendo could continue working on Skyward Sword. New titles equal new backstories and plots--and theorists can't get enough of new game info. This site has gained a lot more members when new titles are announced because we know the old stuff pretty well. Nintendo has a great imagination, and they have dramatically improved plot development since they begun making games.

So, instead of hoping for more remakes on a fairly new system, we should wait until near the end of the 3DS' life for remakes. For now, let's look for completely new Nintendo masterpieces.

(I posted this with my phone, so I apologize if any of my bb coding has broken tags. Editing may or may not make me repost the entire thing in its browser. :/)

Pen

The game is on!
Well, if Nintendo would decide to make a remake of The Wind Waker for the 3DS I would definitely buy it! However, I think it's quite unlikely since a remake for that game wouldn't really be necessary. Although, if there would be a chance for a rerelease of The Wind Waker for the 3DS I would go all crazy of happiness! Just imagine a portable Wind Waker, but with the same graphics and with no added features. That would be totally extraordinary!

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Eh, people have made portable GC's. I would say no, Unless they added four new temples with a trofrce chart and triforce piece and harder dungeons.

Even if it could work, I wouldn't want it. It's good as it is, it doesn't need to be unnecessarily sugar-coated. I don't want to see it like that, but it might have a chance on the WiiU, but only on the VC, not a remake.
Games on the VC are remakes. They require the same amount of work and make the company money by selling them.

I'm hoping for new content, rather than remaking old games. Granted, I would be the first to be a Wind Waker remake, since it's my favorite Zelda game, but I just don't think it would port very well, with it being from the Gamecube and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom