• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will you play Breath of the Wind on Wii U or Nintendo Switch?

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
I haven't quite decided yet. If there is a BotW Switch bundle, then I will probably pick it up. If not, I will purchase the Wii U version and wait until the console drops in price. I'm still perfectly content with my Wii U to be honest.
Same here!
The switch didn't really look to be all that much more than a portable Wii U with some cool transformations... And since I don't plan to be playing video games 24/7 I don't see what's so great. I do have to lug my wii U around with me when I bring it to parties though... So maybe. But since I've already got a Wii u probably that. :/

Im hoping that a BotW edition of the switch is released. Im willing to pay $400 for the game and a customized switch. I never bought a Wii U, so thats out of the question.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
I'd love to play it on the Switch, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get one, so I'll more than likely end up playing it on the Wii U. If it were any other game, I would probably just wait until I got a Switch, but I'm super excited about BotW and would rather play it as soon as I can.

For me it depends on timing. If they come out on the same day, I'll probably get it for Switch because I can't afford two copies right away. If the WiiU version comes out first, although they are both listed as 3/17, I'll get it there.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The Switch is going to be the superior version of the game. Not only does it look like it will be graphically superior, but it has way more functionality than the Wii U version of the game. Considering I can take BotW wherever I can go.

So yeah. I will get the Switch version.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I would think that they would release it on both, especially considering that the initial gameplay trailer with Miamoto and Aonuma was on Wii U. Plus, you'll have some people who don't want to get the Switch and will happily buy it for Wii U. It's just good marketing!

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm always a console behind mainly becuase of money so I'm hoping everyone will get the switch and sell their wiiu so I can pick one up significantly cheaper and play breath of the wild on that. Or my bf is thinking of getting a switch so if he does I'll pinch that from him

Probably the switch if either. The only game I want to play in the Wii U that I'm not sure will be ported / remade for the Switch is Paper Mario so.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would think that they would release it on both, especially considering that the initial gameplay trailer with Miamoto and Aonuma was on Wii U. Plus, you'll have some people who don't want to get the Switch and will happily buy it for Wii U. It's just good marketing!
Breath of the Wild is releasing on both consoles.

This thread is asking, since they are releasing it on both consoles, which one do you want to play it on?

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I literally use this gif every chance I get. :sweat:
bth.gif
I figure on buying BotW for the Wii U first, as I doubt I'll be buying Nintendo Switch at launch. That being said, I do plan on buying the new console eventually, so I'll probably end up owning it for both.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Definitely Switch, assuming the game's performance is equal to or greater than the Wii U version. It'll be really cool to take it anywhere.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I'm a friggin' nerd who will basically anything if Nintendo slaps a Triforce on the box, so I'm getting both. I'm going to play the Switch version first (unless the Wii U version comes out slightly before for some reason) because it'll be incredibly convenient for my job to just bring along Zelda when I drive field trips and football games. The Wii U version still interests me because I like to see the differences in versions like on the dual release of TP or the recent remakes. It seems currently as though it'll be the same in everything but graphics, but I still want to see for myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom