• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Will There Be Multiple Zelda Games for the Wii U?

Will the Wii U get multiple Zelda games?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Ever since the days of the Nintendo 64, there has always been at least 2 Zelda titles for every Nintendo home console (well, sort of, depending on how you look at Twilight Princess). Now, with Zelda U on the horizon, I wonder if the same will be the case for the Wii U. I think it's safe to say that the Wii U is approaching the half way point in its life cycle, and as a result will likely be supported by Nintendo for another 3-5 years. However, with that in mind, do you think that there is enough room in the Wii U's lifespan for there to be another Zelda game? On average, it takes about 4 years to crank out another game in the series and taking into account the likely expiration date of the console, the next one should be released right near the generational leap, leaving Nintendo to have to make another Twilight Princess-styled choice. Anyway, discuss below whether or not you think the Wii U will be fortunate enough to receive multiple games in the Zelda series.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Ah, yes, I predict that there will be a FSA sequel/successor for both Wii U and N3DS released sometime in the future. It will be called "Four Swords Dimensions".

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
It's unlikely. With the need to get all the games on VC, the relatively long period a Zelda game takes to develop, and the possibility that Nintendo wants to put the Wii U behind them fast, it's unlikely there will be more than one Zelda game. Same as SNES and Wii.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ever since the days of the Nintendo 64, there has always been at least 2 Zelda titles for every Nintendo home console (well, sort of, depending on how you look at Twilight Princess). Now, with Zelda U on the horizon, I wonder if the same will be the case for the Wii U. I think it's safe to say that the Wii U is approaching the half way point in its life cycle, and as a result will likely be supported by Nintendo for another 3-5 years. However, with that in mind, do you think that there is enough room in the Wii U's lifespan for there to be another Zelda game? On average, it takes about 4 years to crank out another game in the series and taking into account the likely expiration date of the console, the next one should be released right near the generational leap, leaving Nintendo to have to make another Twilight Princess-styled choice. Anyway, discuss below whether or not you think the Wii U will be fortunate enough to receive multiple games in the Zelda series.
We have had WWHD and there is the new game coming. But besides another HD remake which may or may not happen, my answer is no.
The second original Zelda game on a console never sell as well as the first.
With OOT on N64 selling loads more than MM 64
With WW on the GC selling more than TP on the GC
TP on the Wii selling loads more than SS on the Wii
It, just wouldn't be sensible releasing two original titles on the Wii U, because by the time the next one releases interest in the wii U which was never high to begin with, will have all but disappeared.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I'd say maybe. Obviously I'm not going to vote in the poll, maybe isn't an option. Out of the options available though I'd say no. I don't think the Wii U is going to last long, in another year or two they need to get a better console out there, one which people will like, not something only Nintendo fans will buy to get the games they like.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I doubt it, but there was two on the NES, only one on the SNES, two for Gamecube, and only one new Zelda on Wii, so if you dont count WWHD and go by the trend, I think we will get two new ones. There are not many remakes they can make that are worthy of a console release, unless there is a TP remake. and that might happen, but i think there will be a second Wii U title.

but just to contradict myself, the Wii and the Wii U have already had remakes. But I think most remakes should stay on a portable. However i think TP would be a lil hard to emulate on a 3DS. Anyways i think the Wii U will stay around awhile, despite is super slow start!

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
I doubt they'll be able to make a full-on sequel to Zelda U within the generation, but a Twilight Princess re-make for the Wii U is feasible since they did OOT/MM/TWW already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom