• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Will There Be a Mirror Shield

G

Goroff

There is alot of emphasis on upgrading in skyward sword.......so do you think we will be able to build the mirror shield, or upgrade to the mirror shield...... do you think it will still have a shield meter............do you think that it will look like previous mirror shield designs... what do you think about the mirror shield being in skyward sword

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I doubt there will be one, mainly because we don't control the shield's position in this game, we just control wether or not the shield is up or not, much like in Twilight Princess...

T

Twilight Comet

I realy want there to be one. The possibility off there being one I think could go fifty/fifty right now. There is a improved upgrading system so it would make since to have one. On the other hand, we haven't seen any screen shots of one or any way of controlling one. Maybe It could be used as an item, having it with motion plus would be cool. Anyways, great thinking, I hadn't even had the idea of a mirror shield in SWS!:lol:

It would be fun being able to move the Mirror Shield around with WiiMotion Plus, and Skyward Sword will have a bunch of shields and upgrades, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I really hope so, and I hope that while it's optional, it is used more often to its full potential. If it's included, I think its function should be similar to how it's used in Ocarina of Time's Twinrova boss fight. I just like the idea of retaining and releasing magical energy and the like...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I imagine if we had a Mirror Shield, the shield meter would disappear. I mean, it's a metal mirror that reflects just about anything. Light, magic, attacks (non canon, only in Soul Calibur 2). Also, I believe it would be the strongest shield assuming that it can block magic and the Hylian Shield can't although that may not be the case.

I want the Mirror Shield to have the original design from OoT while at the same time having a blue border like in The Wind Waker. That would be the coolest thing yet.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Variety, good looks, and other means to sustain the wandering gamer's eye. Oh, and the faint possibility that the Hylian Shield wouldn't be able to do certain things that the Mirror Shield is known to do: E.G Reflect Light.

If there is a mirror shied i want it to be weak against physical attack but reflect magical attacks. Kind of a counterpart to the hylain shield but being able to tack more of what its weak against, get latter in the game and cost more to repair. But truth is I kind of doubt it.:(

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have more 'evidence' supporting my want for a mirror shield in the form of the not so long ago GameSpot+Bill Trinen interview, copypasta from ZD Main Page:

They’ve built an entire upgrade system into the game. So for example, right now you can see that Link has his traditional shield, but he actually will get a lot of diferent shields in the game. He will start off with a very basic one, and then as you fight enemies, you will recover these kind of treasures or artifacts that you can then use as resources to upgrade your items.

Notice how the words a lot are listed. A lot typically means 5 or more. Now, 5 shields in a Zelda game...you're probably thinking, what? or something similar to that. And I agree, 5 shields is a little over the top. But you have to think, we're getting articles and treasures for upgrading stuff, with shields being listed under the general category 'stuff'. A mirror shield isn't too much for upgrading purposes, is it? I'd like to believe not.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Sounds amazing, hype and hope have risen for me.

I think we'll get four shields, the last shield being ultimately invincible to any kind of attack. Now, I wonder what it'll be...

Kazumi

chagy
I think that a Mirror Shield is quite likely. This is mainly because there seems to be (somewhat of) a focus on light in the game. This is primarily from Link's sword beam, but this has been shown to be used in puzzles and fighting enemies.

It is also quite likely considering that there are going to be a lot of different shields, as was quoted. A Mirror Shield could easily be one of those, and could be quite useful for puzzles and possibly even combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom