• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Will Midna Be in Her True Form Too?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
It seems odd to me that she would be in her imp form instead, only reason I can think of is because she's more recognizable that way. You only see her in her true form for a short time at the end of TP, so maybe they're catering to people who haven't completed it? Even then, her true form is all over the internet so...

What do you think? Will she be able to switch between the two forms? Or not?

Mido

Version 1
Honestly, it might be possible, perhaps as a secondary costume for Midna. The Warriors series is somewhat costume heavy with their characters, and this notion can also apply to our friends in the Zelda universe. My only question is that based on what I've observed from Midna's gameplay, I don't know how her true form would mesh with her imp form's fighting style. Imp Midna rides the Wolf, could Real Midna do the same? In that respect, I don't think that Midna's true form would take a separate character slot, since, at least in my eyes, Hyrule Warriors aims to have a diverse and large roster. I wouldn't count Midna's true form out, but I cannot guarantee that her true form will indeed make an appearance. :yes:

Fig

The Altruist
I think it's possible that we might see Midna in her true form closer to the end of Hyrule Warriors. At the same time, it could also be possible that all we get is her imp form and if it that does happen, then I'm actually fine with that. I think the reason we the producers decided to go with her imp form is that while she was in imp in Twilight Princess, we got to see her in action with her Twili magic. At the end of Twilight Princess, while we do get to finally see what she looks like in her true from, we don't get see what kind of powers she has. It's arguably discussed that Midna retains all of her powers in her true form, but I see her imp similar to Zelda's Shiek. See with Midna (imp) and Shiek, the player can both visualize that they two indeed look like established fighters or at least have the demeanor. That's not to see Midna (true) and Zelda are not fighters as Zelda is a great fighter in Smash, but both focus more on what is right for their kingdom in Twilight Princess. Thus is why I think the producers decided to go with Midna's imp form because it's the version that comes to our minds when we think of Midna and she is capable fighter compared to her true form. It would be great if we get to see her true form, but I also wouldn't mind if it doesn't appear in the game at all.

Ganondork

goo

Zelda Wiki offers this:

Midna is set to appear as a playable character in Hyrule Warriors. This marks her first major role in a game since Twilight Princess, as well as her first playable appearance in any game. Cia transformed Midna into her imp form and she is searching for Cia in order to be changed back and is first encountered as a villain by Agitha and Lana. She fights on a Twilit wolf similar to Wolf Link. One of Midna's special moves is her Fused Shadow form from Twilight Princess.

There is no citation, though.

Firstly... The imp is the form in which she's most recognized as, as well as the most popular. Remember the 'WantMidnaBack' campaign a few years ago? Well, yeah, most fans were referring to her Imp form. Makes sense given the fact that it's what we were given throughout the entirety of TP, which provided plenty of time to grow attached to it. On another note, the imp form is probably a lot easier to readily work with gameplay/combat-wise, too, seeing as how it has precedence. Lastly, the Imp form seems to be much easier to insert into a plot, as opposed to the regal true form Midna. Her alleged forced transformation at the hands of Cia seems to attest to this. Though, all in all, I do hope that her true form becomes playable somewhere down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom