• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Wild Tears of the Kingdom guesses

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
I mean, Fi is already in botw and not as a vague reference. She's the voice of the sword that Zelda hears. There is no other sword spirit associated with the master sword and they even use the same sound effect from ss when she calls out to Zelda (and again to Link at the end of the Master Trials). She's already present, albeit mutedly, but there's nothing vague about it. It wouldn't be strange if her voice appeared again in totk at the bare minimum.
While I definitely see the talking sword voice as Fi, Nintendo is a big fan of opting to create another, separate entity to stand in for something that should just be the same thing. If the voice of the sword given were ever given physical form, I'd be willing to bet it takes on a separate form treated as distinct from Fi with no indication where Fi is or what happened to her. Gives me Interlopers/Lorule/Dark World/People who sealed up Majora vibes.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
You know what would be cool?

Given all the Amiibo support that BotW featured, how cool would it be to have TotK give us cosmetic items for other Nintendo games?
Imagine Link getting the ability to dress up as Ike, Roy, Marth, and Crom by using the Smash Bros Amiibos?

Well..............................
The figure does possess rabbit like ears.

And well, we do know what Link turns into when he ventures into the Dark World.
View attachment 67195

I see Link&Midna does not like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

You may "Ugh" all you want.
Doesn't change the fact that this scene is canon.
Sorry Link, before we give you this item of great plot importance, you hafta deliver colorful eggs to all the good citizens of Hyrule. Except Ganon. Screw him.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I think that weapon movesets will change if we fuse different weapons types together. So far we've only seen fuse with 1 weapon type and 1 object, and 2 of the same weapon type. 2 of the same spear changed the range significantly but it didn't change the moveset. However, as of trailer 3, we see a shield fused to a two handed sword. Link is now able to guard and parry with it, expanding its moveset. He also holds it differently, though that may just be the guard animation. We didn't see him swing it. But I think things like that will definitely alter how we use weapons. Combinations of different weapon types will open up new moves. That's what I think. I am so excited to try every possible combination.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Still hoping for a Zonai-Twili connection somewhere, but it's entirely wishful speculation on my part that I'm not going to go into detail here. Just hoping it's some sort of thing. We'll see.

Still really hoping that Dark Link fits into the plot of this game in some way. Even if it's not like our traditional depiction of him and it's just like another version of Link or the Spirit of the Hero manifest, or the spirit of Link who almost died 100 years ago that took his memories.... that would be nice. Still some controversy circling Ganon/dorf's role but I saw some hopeful remarks on twitter today about the possibility he isn't the main villain, and if he also must confront an aspect of himself to parallel Link confronting an aspect of himself, I would literally lose my ****ing ****.

Not a guess, just some wishful thinking as my brain is still waking up while I'm having my coffee.

Still really hoping that Dark Link fits into the plot of this game in some way. Even if it's not like our traditional depiction of him and it's just like another version of Link or the Spirit of the Hero manifest, or the spirit of Link who almost died 100 years ago that took his memories.... that would be nice. Still some controversy circling Ganon/dorf's role but I saw some hopeful remarks on twitter today about the possibility he isn't the main villain, and if he also must confront an aspect of himself to parallel Link confronting an aspect of himself, I would literally lose my ****ing ****.

Not a guess, just some wishful thinking as my brain is still waking up while I'm having my coffee.
Hmm, it would certainly be interesting. Perhaps we'll see other villains from Hyrule's past, like Vaati or Ghirahim, or maybe even some of Ganondorf's old underlings like Onox, Veran, Zant, or Agahnim? Ganondorf seems to be going all-out in his assault on Hyrule, so it'd make sense if he gathered up his more powerful underlings to be generals or something. And hey! Maybe Astor will show up too.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Less of a guess and more of a wish... I want them to keep the option to swap the functions of X and B. I need to keep jump on B. I refused to play BotW with the default controls of jump on X. The B button is for jumping. This is a standard truth for all video games as a whole that must not be broached.

Yeah, every game should have customizable controls. No excuses. Why do so many developers neglect such options? They should be obvious decisions, especially for the physically disabled.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
I want the ability to use the Song of Storms and the Sun's Song in order to affect the weather to either call upon rain/snow or clear the skies.
Because climbing in the rain is bad.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Less of a guess and more of a wish... I want them to keep the option to swap the functions of X and B. I need to keep jump on B. I refused to play BotW with the default controls of jump on X. The B button is for jumping. This is a standard truth for all video games as a whole that must not be broached.
I agree that we really need this. I played OoT3d recently and the sword button was B and it was just so... so weird. I was literally sitting there yelling "WHY". B is never for attacks, it's for jumps or items if there's no jumps. I've forgotten what the B button is in Botw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom