• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wii U Art Style

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I think if the graphic style is similar to Wind Waker, then it should go down the Adult timeline. I'm hoping that the tech demo style gets used in the end.

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
As seems to be a common thought, I'd prefer Zelda Wii U try more realistic graphics. Think about it: the last Zelda game to do that (not counting OoT 3D) was Twilight Princess, which was somewhat lambasted because of poor color choice. The last "realistic" game before that was Majora's Mask, way back on the Nintendo 64. Translation: we haven't had a "realistic" Zelda game that didn't stir up controversy for the last twelve years or so. Zelda Wii U could be the chance to implement such graphics with much better reception, and the HD would bring that out all the better.

Honestly, I do want to see the graphical styles of The Wind Waker and Skyward Sword return at some point, because they were beautiful in their own rights and contributed to their respective games' charm. But after a constant bombardment of "different" graphical takes, I'd prefer we get back to realistic graphics if ever so briefly. It would probably help contribute to Nintendo's back-to-basics mindset as well.

My further preference is photo-realistic graphics the likes of Final Fantasy Versus XIII - incredibly detailed and beautiful, but not fully realistic, either. I wouldn't mind fully realistic graphics all that much, the more I think about it, as technology has risen to a level where it no longer looks stilted or goofy in any form.

To help visualize my ideal Zelda Wii U graphics, here's a Final Fantasy Versus XIII video.

[video=youtube;GLimrf_1ZTo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLimrf_1ZTo[/video]

I was thinking more along the lines of Halo

[video=youtube_share;-kg3yxNsSzk]http://youtu.be/-kg3yxNsSzk[/video]

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
As gorgeous as those images were, I think it would be a bit of a waste of the Wii U's HD capabilities if Nintendo did another brand new cell-shaded game. Besides, we're already getting the WW remake, so by the time the all-new game comes out, I know I'll be sick of those graphics. I adore the realistic/anime style of the tech-demo, however the colouring was kinda bland. In my opinion, Nintendo should keep the realistic style but expand the colour palate, somewhat akin to Oot/MM.

I

ImagiLink

Yes, OoT/Majora's Mask style, but with more detailed textures and a bold colour palette which would allow for some truly fantastical environments.

But that's just my conservative wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom