• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Wig-Or-Log

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Hmmm... the plot thickens! "A great fighter like his parents" eh? Is this an indicator of my Atsuma and Arty = Baas's parents theory? Or am I completely wrong? I guess I'll find out later.

Very interesting chapter, I must say. I think it was extremely clever of Baas to do what he did luring Atsuma to the site of the dropped cape with a fight. And their encounter with Diablo was extremely awesome. I wonder whether or not he's a good guy... and what did he meant by "Vanessa is as good as dead"? I dunno why, but I have the feeling that Vanessa had a nasty encounter with a Green Band.

Excellent chapter as always, Random Person, your writing skills never cease to amaze me. Now then, for the fan made cliffhanger (RP, if you'd prefer that I not do this I'll stop immediately, just to let you know).

What is Diablo's goal? Who is the mysterious woman that seems to be keeping track of him? Why do they know so much about Baas and Co.? Who kidnapped Vanessa? Find out next time on Wig-or-Log!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Now then, for the fan made cliffhanger (RP, if you'd prefer that I not do this I'll stop immediately, just to let you know).

What is Diablo's goal? Who is the mysterious woman that seems to be keeping track of him? Why do they know so much about Baas and Co.? Who kidnapped Vanessa? Find out next time on Wig-or-Log!

I don't mind these. In fact, I like them. Cliffhanger quotes are fun to make but they're not something I can put in the actual story so it's nice that someone else can make them.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I'm sorry that I haven't gotten around to commenting on the last two chapters. I've been playing Spirit Tracks nonstop.

Anyway, Commander Cham is an interesting character to throw into this mix. Up until now, we haven't had many characters who were polite and obsessed with protocol. He really stands out from the others.

What Diablo says, makes me think that perhaps Atsuma and Baas are genetically engineered fighters like SOLDIERS from FF7, or perhaps aliens or angels. I think that perhaps what they've learned is that the wars are all contrived and arbitrary... that the killing is needless, and there's another way to live.

figthersword

Hylian Coward
The most controversial in the story, is Commander Vanessa dead or Baas statement is correct that she's been captured by the grey band.

I hope the next story atsuma and baas (father and son?) will show some respect to Commander Cham :p

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I hope you guys have fun reading this chapter cause I certainly had fun writing it.

Chapter 27 : The Second Base

Atsuma took a huge whiff of the air. The smell of a rocky mountain always filled his heart with pleasure. Pandora smiled, happy to be in safe territory again, though in truth she was really concerned about Vanessa. Sheina was extremely excited, but she didn’t let her body show it. She had never been to the second base before. It was truly a thrilling experience. Cham was looking around, he noticed some things out of place and made a mental note to fix them later.

The four had traveled for a week to get to the second base. The rest of Cham’s people had been left behind to execute the ambush plan using the blue ship.

Not only was the second base a lot farther from the meeting point than the first base, but they had to take serious alternative routes to get there. They now stood at the entrance with mountains all around them. In front of them, a wide dirt path that headed to the side of a mountain. Behind them, that same path that led out of the mountain range, though the exit to it could not be seen for the other mountains were blocking it. On the sides of the mountains there were many structures as well as people doing many different things.

"It looks an awful lot like home." Sheina said wide eyed.

"What’s that young lady?" Cham asked.

"It’s nothing really Commander Cham, it’s just that I always believed the second base of Orange to be much smaller than ours."

Commander Cham let out a laugh. It sounded very proper. Almost as if each chuckle were perfectly timed one after the other.

"It’s quite okay dear girl, that’s a common misconception." He began to slowly walk forward. "The reason Commander Vanessa’s base is called the first base is because it was the first major territory that Orange claimed. In fact, some believe the first Orange’s were born there before the war even started. This territory is the second base because it was the second territory Orange was able to claim and keep. We have many other territories, but the first base will always be the first. That however does not mean we are second in rank here in the second base. In fact, I do believe we have more people here in the second."

Atsuma was beginning to grow irritated.
"That’s all fine and dandy Cham, but in case you forgot, we’re in a hurry. I still don’t see why we had to come all the way here. The first base was so much closer."

Cham straightened up the glasses on his face and turned back toward Atsuma. He lost his friendly attitude.

"It’s Commander Cham mister Atsuma." He said sternly. "And believe it or not, I do have my reasons for choosing to discuss miss Vanessa’s situation in this particular base."

Atsuma turned his head to the side angrily.

"Besides," Cham said changing his tone. "Shouldn’t you be worried about your two companions? We haven’t seen them since we left the boat."

Atsuma’s expression changed to a smirk. "I am worried about the kid, but not for the reason you think. As long as he’s with Koroko, any danger that’s come their way will be easily repelled off."

"ATSUMA! IS THAT YOU!?"

Atsuma twitched in his spot when he heard the female’s voice.

"Unfortunately I can’t say the same for me." He said under his breath.

Really hoping that it wasn’t who he thought it was, Atsuma slowly turned to see two females coming down the path toward him. The one closest was running and waving her right arm wildly. In her left hand, the spear which was longer than she was tall, went back and forth as she ran.
The girl wore a pink top with no sleeves and a white fluffy collar. Her skirt was also pink and stopped just above her knees. For some reason, her white sneakers stayed clean even though she ran on such a dirty trail.

The girl was too happy to see Atsuma. She ran up and hugged him as tightly as she could. Atsuma was very uncomfortable. Since her head only came up to his neck, her shoulder length brown hair was in his face.

"Oh I knew it was you Atsuma. I knew you’d return for me."

Atsuma smiled nervously, being careful not to pierce himself with the spear that was behind him. His arms and chest were being squeezed so tightly that it was difficult to speak.
"It’s... nice to see you too... Acol."

Soon after, the other figure had reached their position. She was Caucasian, about the same height as the girl in pink. She wore a dirt orange shirt and pants which matched the landscape. She had hazel eyes that remained serious and a mouth that showed no emotion. Her long brown hair flow to her mid back while her bangs covered the forehead. She held a belt around her waste that held many compartments.

"Hey... Altea" Atsuma said trying to release himself from Acol’s grip. "You... look nice today."

The woman did not respond. She looked around through the group and past them. The person she was looking for was not among them.

Sheina was anxious for introductions but could see they weren’t about to be had.

"Who are these people?" She silently asked Pandora.

Pandora spoke with the same silence. "The one in the pink is Acol. She’s a Leader like you only around my age. Atsuma once tried to flirt with her long ago when we came here for the first time, as he does with a lot of girls he meets. Of course, he didn’t know then that she’d become obsessed over him.

Her friend and fellow teammate over there is Altea. She’s very serious in personality with intense fighting skills to match. She’s a Far like me but she trained herself to use knives. She was quite upset with the fact that she couldn’t do anything once an enemy got close."

"Isn’t that against the rules of Wig?" Sheina asked concerned. "A Far can’t know a Near’s technique."

"I asked Vanessa the same thing. No one’s entirely sure. Knives are not classified as either Far or Near techniques. They are only suppose to be tools, not weapons. She hasn’t gotten in trouble yet and she’s been using them for years so I guess it’s okay."

Atsuma desperately tried to release himself from Acol’s grip. It was no use. She had practiced many times in capturing Atsuma and she knew how to contain him.

"Uh Acol." He said nervously. "Can I have my arms back?"

"No." She said leaning her head up against his chest. "If I let go, you’ll just go to and try to fight somebody or go to a boring meeting. As long as your arms are here they belong to me."

Atsuma sighed. Then he noticed something out of the ordinary about Altea.

"Hey Altea, what kind of bow is that?"

Altea looked at the object connected to her hip. With out a word, she took it off and held it for all to see.

The device was wood, carved so that a small arrow could fit inside. There was a string attached to the opposite sides of the ends far from Altea, with the middle coming towards her. A trigger on the bottom, allowed the device to release the string.

"That’s her Longpierce." Altea said "She invented it a while ago. It’s quicker than a normal bow and more deadly. I’ve used it before. Though it’s weird to use, if someone masters it, they can make shots as fast as a Sturkfur user, but without the need of strength. I don‘t think the effects are as brutal though."

Altea put the device back on her belt.

Loca turned back to Atsuma, her arms still hugging him.
"But enough about her Atsuma." Her green eyes gazed into his passionately. "When are you gonna move to the second base permanently? I get so lonely without you."

"Hey, Acol!" A voice shouted. Everyone turned their attention to the left to see a shirtless, tan skinned man sticking his head out the window.

"Where’d you go Acol? I wasn’t done! The shoes still need to..." The man stopped talking upon seeing the scene.

"HEY!" He quickly left the small wooden building he was in and ran down the mountain trail toward the group of people. Upon leaving, it was revealed that he was wearing white loose pants and sandals.

Before he could reach the group, he began talking.

"Atsuma, are you making moves on my girlfriend again?"

The man slowed as he reached the group.

"Shut up Eltin." Acol said, still holding Atsuma. "You know I’m just settling for you until Atsuma stops playing hard to get."

Atsuma made a face to the man and shrugged to say there was nothing he could do. Eltin held his face of anger. Than he smiled. This was how Acol always acted and there was nothing he could do about it. Then, seeing Cham, his mind begat other matters.

"Commander Cham, you're back sir."

"Yes mister Eltin." Cham said stepping forward. "Anything go wrong in my absence?"

"Nothing we couldn't handle sir."

"How’s Serho? If you don‘t mind me asking."

"Oh he’s fine. I was just trying to make him a little gift but I’m not as good with making stuff as Altea is."

Eltin turned to Altea. "Hey sis, you think you can help me out later? Now that Atsuma‘s here, Acol won‘t be much help."

Sheina was shocked to hear the word "sis."
"Are those two actually related?" She asked Pandora. "That’s unheard of for fighters in Wig."

"Perhaps they are." Pandora explained "Eltin claims that when he was in the Center, he heard the Discretes say he had an older sister. A serious child. Her name was Altea. After he left, he soon met up with this Altea here in the second base whose 2 years older than him. He truly believes deep in his heart that she’s his sister. No one else can say indefinitely."

"So sir, was the mission a success?" Eltin continued.

Cham straightened the glasses on his face. "Well… the mission itself was a success, but something else happened along the way. It’s why I brought these people here. I don’t want to discuss it in the open though. There will be a meeting announced about it in due time. Atsuma and I need to prepare for it first though."

"Right!" Atsuma said still looking for a way out of his situation. "So, Acol I need to go with Cham now. If you don’t mind could you..."

There was suddenly a series of noises coming far down the path from where the group had entered. Everyone turned to see some kind of figure running toward them. It was low at first, but as the figure grew closer the noise grew louder. It was coming fast too.

"What in the Wig is that?" Acol said finally taking her eyes off Atsuma.

The sounds were growing louder.
"Yah Baas! Go!"

Atsuma smirked and stared at the figure.

"That’s my teammates."

As the figure grew closer, everyone could begin to make out what it was.

Breathing hard with a sweat covered outfit came Baas running. Both his hands were grasping onto straps tightly. On his back was the bag Atsuma had filled with Sheina’s ingredients. It was smaller now then it had been since Baas first started carrying it. It wasn’t the only thing he was carrying though. On his shoulders Koroko was sitting and smiling. He continued to yell and hit Baas as though he were having fun.

"Come on Baas. You can do it! What’s that you like to say? This is the meanest part of war?"

"The... the hardest part!" Baas said struggling to speak.

"Yeah!" Koroko said as if he had figured it out. "This is the hardest part of war Baas! When this part is done and through, everything else will be smooth sailing."

"Stop... trying to... say it... you’re messing... the whole thing... up."

Koroko smiled. He was having too much fun torturing Baas. He then looked up to see figures in the distant. He couldn’t make them all out yet, but he did see Sheina.

"Look Baas! A pretty girl! Go get her boy! You can do it! Sheina’s right there! C‘mon!"

"Shut up... Koroko!" Baas could barely hold himself up anymore. "You’re... not helping..."

"Are you telling me to shut up!?" Koroko screamed still smiling. "I’m sorry but you’re way too young to be giving me orders about..."

Koroko looked up. He could now see everyone in the group. He quickly pushed down on Baas’ head so he could jump forward. Upon landing, he took the sword that had been on his hip and prepared it for battle.

Baas fell forward. He had been trying his hardest to stay up but the push from Koroko was just too much. He hit the ground hard, still breathing heavily and sweating

Upon seeing Baas fall, Sheina Pandora and Acol gasped thinking he might be hurt. The sight made Acol finally let go of Atsuma.

When Altea saw Koroko jump off Baas’ back, her reaction was slightly different from the others. Instead she grabbed the Longpierce and ran straight toward Koroko. Reaching in one of her compartments, she pulled out several small sharp objects. Loading one up, she aimed at Koroko and fired.

Koroko deflected the attack immediately and got closer to Altea for an attack. Realizing she wouldn’t have time to reload, Altea threw the Longpierce down and took out a rather large knife.

When he was close enough, Koroko began to attack Altea at a fast speed. Altea was able to keep up with him though. She also released some attacks on her own.

"Hey Koroko." Atsuma said watching his friend fight. "Was the trip difficult?"

Koroko continued to speak while he was fighting. "You bet it was."
*SHING* *SHING*

"Do you know how hard it is to balance myself on top of the kid’s neck?"

Atsuma began to walk toward Baas around the two fighting.

"But it looks like you got it down. I guess you could say you’re getting better."

"Yeah" Koroko responded. "Well..."

*SHING**SHING*SHING*

"I guess so. But when is balance..."

*SHING*

"...gonna help me out?"

"You never know." Atsuma said now right next to Baas. He then looked down and began to talk.

"Hey Baas. So how was your last week?"

Baas looked up at Atsuma. His eyes were filled with anger and pain. He was still out of breath and still soaked with sweat.
"Never... leave me alone... with that psychopath... again."

"It was that bad huh?" Atsuma asked squatting to Baas’ level.

"He’s... freaking crazy..." Baas tried to get out. As he spoke, his breathing began to regulate "A whole week... of... straight running with the bag. You’re suppose... to have gradual periods... of rest when you train. I cherished the nights because... it was the only time he let me not exercise. And then, as if that weren‘t enough, yesterday he got on my shoulders and expected me to carry him with the bag. When we first started doing that, I couldn’t move! We lost so much time that he made me run all night to catch up with you guys."

Baas grabbed onto Atsuma’s ankle as if he were on his last breath of energy. "Atsuma, I can‘t feel my legs."

"Ah quit being a baby." Koroko yelled from afar.

"I hate you." Baas said using what little energy he had.

Atsuma let out a sigh. "Hmm. The old get on each other’s back training. I remember doing that one. Good times."
He then smiled softly at Baas. "I’m glad you made it though Baas."

Baas looked up hopeful. Was Atsuma really glad to see him?

Atsuma then reached in the bag Baas was carrying and pulled out a trench coat.
"I would have hated to have left this coat. It makes me look so much better."

Atsuma left Baas on the floor and began to walk back toward Cham, putting on his coat as he moved, For a moment he was caught between Koroko and Altea’s fight. Atsuma easily dodge the knife that flew past his head and the longsword that came close to his side.

"Shall we Cham?"

"Commander Cham." Cham corrected sternly. He then turned toward Koroko and Altea who were still fighting. "Honestly you two, can you not control your urges for a few moments? We have important business to attend to. Miss Altea. Mister Koroko. Are you listening?"

"One sec" Koroko said blocking several attacks at him. "This won’t take much longer."

Meanwhile, Pandora, Sheina and Acol had made their way over to Baas who was laying face down in the dirt. Of his face, only his eyes could be seen. The three crowded over his head, hoping he wasn’t hurt.

"Baas are you okay?" Sheina said very concerned.

"Don’t worry Baas." Pandora said putting her hands on her hips. "I’ll get Koroko for this. And Atsuma too. I’ll bet this was his idea."

"Oh My Goodness!" Acol said. "Who is this? He’s so cute!"

Sheina lifted her eyebrow concerned of the statement. "Really? He’s at least ten years younger than you."

"I didn’t mean like that!" The girl said sternly. "I meant like a little kid." She than began to go off on a daydream. "Atsuma’s the only one who I think is that kind of cute."

"Mircanrrserrtheerrrerefrt" Baas said with his head in the dirt.

"What?" Sheina asked getting lower. She thought he might be in some kind of pain.

Baas raised his head so that his chin was resting on the dirt floor.

Spitting dirt from his mouth, he then spoke clearly so that all could hear.

"I can’t see the fight."

It took a moment for the idea to hit Sheina.
"Oh."
She then quickly moved to her right side closer to Pandora.

Baas pushed his arms up against the ground so he could sit up.

"Baas, don’t push yourself." Sheina said worried.

"It’s okay Sheina, I’m starting to feel better now that Koroko‘s off my back." He then looked in amazement at the battle before him.
"So what’s the story on these two?"

Pandora began to explain. "The woman over there is Altea. She’s been trained as a Far. Ever since she first met Atsuma and Koroko, she’s been determined to prove that a Far can beat a Near in close combat. Therefore, she and Koroko started the tradition of fighting every time they see each other. Her dream is to one day beat both Atsuma and Koroko at the same time with her techniques."

"Cool." Baas said in amazement. "So what’s the score between her and Koroko?"

"Well..." Pandora said. Just then Altea fell on her back. Koroko delivered a blow that she didn’t see coming. Pandora finished her sentence. "Koroko has never lost a fight to her."

Pandora made her way over to Koroko.
"What did I tell you about fighting so roughly with people?" She said sternly.

"Honestly Panda, when you start speaking, a lot of times, I stop listening."

Baas snickered at the joke. It was hilarious. There was something else on his mind though. He put his hand to his chin to show what he was thinking. "Well it makes sense that Koroko always." He spoke outloud. "Though her technique is complex, she’s fighting someone like Koroko who is an expert in his field."

Baas took the bag off his back and stood up. After catching his balance, he walked toward Altea. He offered his hand to help her up. Altea accepted and used it to pull herself up.
"You’ve been fighting Koroko for a long time so you’ve probably gotten a lot better. The problem that your missing is that someone like Koroko will get used to your strategy."
He then went to pick up her Longpierce.
"You also don’t seem to have this mastered. Though it is an interesting device, I’m guessing you’re an interesting person, therefore, Koroko would expect something interesting to come from you."

Baas then handed Altea back her Longpierce.
"The next time you fight him, trying doing something completely unexpected that he’d never see coming. Not just something new."

Altea stared at Baas. She then began to ponder his words,

Acol couldn’t hold herself back anymore. "Oh my goodness! He is just so cute! He’s like the little brother I never had!"
She ran to hug him tightly. Baas, who was of similar height, now had his head and neck rapped in her arms.

"Uh... thanks?" He said enjoying the experience.

"You sound so smart and yet your so young. How old are you anyway?"

"Baas is 16." Sheina said affirmatively.

"16?" Acol asked. "He left the base after just leaving the Center?"

Acol grasp around Baas grew tighter. "Well aren’t we the special one. Our rookies are nothing you."

Baas began to blush. Sheina was growing a little upset.

"Should you really be squeezing him like that? I thought he was in pain."

"But I just can’t help it." Acol said closing her eyes "He like a little kid I just want to spoil."

"It’s not her fault Sheina" Baas said smiling. "I have this effect on most girls I meet."

Sheina shook her head in disgust and walked away.

Though they had begun to walk, Atsuma Cham and Eltin did not go far.

"That’s some kid you got there Ats." Eltin said with a smile. "He recovered so quickly from that exhaustive training. I didn't think a 16 year old could even last through something like that."

"I can hardly believe it myself." Atsuma said. "When Koroko and I first did that training, we tried our hardest which resulted in us being paralyzed for days. Yet, I don’t think Baas even remembers that he went through the pain."

"He shouldn’t have even gone through such a horrendous training." Cham came in. "In fact, he shouldn’t be outside of your base. What were you thinking?"

"Hey, it wasn’t my idea to let him leave early. If I had had it my way, the kid would still be back home learning the basics. Vee decided to put him with me."

"Ahh." Cham said making sense of the situation. "Another hasty decision made by my fellow Commander. Trying to keep the tradition alive of letting talented young people leave early. That will surely result in a loss of a lot of what could be excellent fighters. But enough of this, we must prepare for the meeting."

Cham and Eltin began to travel forward more. Atsuma stayed behind a little.
"Yeah." He said to himself.
"It may have been hasty, but it was the right decision."
He then began to head in the direction that the other two were going.

Meanwhile, Baas had enjoyed his time in the pretty girl’s arms, but his neck was starting to hurt.

"Um, excuse me." He asked politely. "Miss..."

"They say my name is Acol." The girl said resting her head on Baas’ as though it were a pillow.

"Miss Acol" Baas continued.
"Um, if you don’t mind, can I have my head back?"

The female did not move from her spot at all.
"No."

Chapter 27 End

Last edited:

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I really like what you did with my character, Altea. That's fairly close to what I imagined, I think. Never thought you'd introduce her so soon. I especially like that special bow that she uses, and how she's so quiet and calculating, with determination to improve on her weaknesses. It was captured very well. She tries very hard to be prepared for everything, not content to specialize like most fighters do.

Koroko actually made Baas carry HIM? He's almost as arrogant as Princess Ruto, LOL.

I also enjoyed that weird girl that hugs people and won't let go... it added an amusing thread to the scene, sort of lightened the mood temporarily.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Koroko = The New Princess Ruto

lol. Anyways, nice chapter you got there Random. I almost typed Baas there. :lol: I like it, a nice combo of humor and some awesome character intros. Very nice. Now for the fanmade cliffhanger.

What will everybody decide on at the meeting? Can Vanessa be saved? Will Commander Cham even approve such a risky mission? Will Acol ever let Baas have his head back? Find out next time on Wig. Or. LOG!!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
What i mean is like this Baas/Eltin/Atsuma and Acol love triangle then Atsuma and Vanessa love team, how about Commander Cham? who is my love partner?

Well, first off, I don't know how Baas got thrown into that love triangle. If you're referring to Acol, she doesn't like Baas like that. She sees him as a cute little kid which makes sense since 16 year olds are the closest thing people fighting in the war get to seeing kids.

Secondly, I'm not sure what you mean by "love team." What I'm guessing is that you're saying is that Atsuma and Vanessa have a special relationship, which they do, but I don't think it's the way you're making it sound.

Thirdly, if Cham does get a love partner (not saying that he will), I wouldn't reveal it before hand. I don't like to tell any parts of my story before I finish posting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom