• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why?

T

ToonLinkGaming

I'm just saying that Nintendo could really be spending time creating new master-pieces instead of remakes of gems! I understand that I'm not forced to buy them, and I understand where everyone is coming from with their points of view(s), but think about it from my perspective, some one that loves the new and creative, not old and experienced. I'm not saying older games are bad per-say, I mean they shouldn't be remade. If people cannot experience the older classics and want to re-vitalise them on newer systems, good for them, but they still have access to them, and at time, can be quite cheap.

I completely agree with you. To be perfectly honest, I regret typing this post, I disagree with it now xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Remakes do not waste valuble time to make completely new titles, the Super Mario franchise proves this. Like people keep saying, Nintendo can hire Grezzo again to make Majora's Mask 3D while nintendo can work on an original title. Basically what i'm saying is rather having a new title is not a good reason to prevent a remake because of multi-tasking.

Popular demand was the main reason Ocarina of Time 3D was made, not because of Zelda's 25th anniversary, Eiji Aonuma has confirmed this. And also, what did Ocarina of Time 3D gain? More Zelda fans. Wanting more fans was proberly another reason to make Ocarina of Time 3D.

Regarding Operation Moonfall, All those who are against it have said "I'd rather have a new Zelda title" or " It was perfect, it doesn't need to be remade" or "It's a waste of time" they have not taken the younger generation of gamers and that Nintendo are willing to make Majora's Mask 3D into account.

I think the younger generation and the demand alone is enough to make Majora's Mask 3D unless those who are against come up with a proper reason not to make it. Sorry for being so blunt, but it's the truth.

Last edited:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
i don't mind the remakes bcause these are legendary games and it's only grezzo who's doing it, but i don't get all the hype... OoT3d is just a port of a 13 year old game, and what's up with the petitions and all that nonsense for operation moonfall?! if you want to play majora's mask you can right now! are people really that obsessed with slightly better graphics? there are great 3ds games coming out, i don't want to buy old games that i already own several times, let alone beg nintendo to make them, it kinda pathetic imo

Well, there are actually such people who would buy the game again because if only for the better graphics - including me. Almost everyone has large >40" Full HD flat screen TVs at home right now and yes, 240p@20/16fps doesn't look too good at them so I can understand why younger gamers wouldn't want that. Personally I can take older graphics because I grew up with the NES and SNES but I don't say "no" to improvements. People can complain about "graphics don't matter blah blah blah..." as much as they want but younger gamers will disagree and this cannot be changed but must be accepted, period. So companies will have to react appropriately to that or else they will fail, those are the rules of capitalism (or in the words of the last Soviet Leader Gorbachov: "Dangers await only those who do not react to life.") Other improvements like the gyroscope instead of the clunky N64 controls would also add to that. Still, that's not the point. There are so many more reasons for MM3D :
Portability: You can play it anywhere you want and aren't bound to a home console. Plus, not anyone has a Wii/GC/N64 standing around (anymore) but maybe a 3DS (like me)
Fixing glitches: Even those who own a GC or Wii can only play a very glitchy version of the game - and this doesn't do the masterpiece that this game is enough justice
Introduction of the series to younger gamers: Many of them don't own a N64/GC/Wii (maybe even because of inferior graphical abilities) but they could have a 3DS so they can experience the game which wouldn't be possible otherwise.

And that's where I'm coming to my next point:
I'm just saying that Nintendo could really be spending time creating new master-pieces instead of remakes of gems!
And here's another wrong assumption: Aside from the fact that numerous people here already said that none of Nintendo's time would be wasted by such a remake because it would be delegated to a third party again, who says that this is an either...or question? Who says that we can't have both an MM remake and a new Zelda game? Or that a remake would delay a new game? There is and there has never been a fixed amount of time which passes between the release date of two subsequent Zelda games. For example, more than five years passed between LA and OoT, while OoX came only 10 months after MM. So if a new Zelda 3DS is originally scheduled for, let's say late 2012, then the formerly unexpected release of an MM3D remake in, let's say early 2012 does not mean that Zelda 3DS will be pushed back to 2013 just because MM3D exists. You can pass out on MM3D then and wait for Zelda 3DS while I will definitely buy MM3D and look closely how Zelda3DS will be, if it goes the way of PH/ST then I will not buy it.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
In reply to the first post, this is really no call to go flashing anyone, TLG. I'd say it was a good marketing idea to put Ocarina of Time, the top-rated game to day (at least to my knowledge) on a system that would improve its graphical boundaries even more. Plus, I think Nintendo always wanted it to be remade, since it was their first Three-Dimensional Zelda title to begin with.

I can see where you're fed up with them remaking it so many times, I don't see how this would stop them. I wouldn't be surprised if they will develop it for the Wii U, on the VC or as a gaming disc.

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I'm just saying that Nintendo could really be spending time creating new master-pieces instead of remakes of gems! I understand that I'm not forced to buy them, and I understand where everyone is coming from with their points of view(s), but think about it from my perspective, some one that loves the new and creative, not old and experienced. I'm not saying older games are bad per-say, I mean they shouldn't be remade. If people cannot experience the older classics and want to re-vitalise them on newer systems, good for them, but they still have access to them, and at time, can be quite cheap.

I completely agree with you. To be perfectly honest, I regret typing this post, I disagree with it now xD

Heh, I see where you're coming from. I have to agree that I don't like the idea of time being spent prettying up old games when it could be spent making new ones. Still, as everyone has pointed out in this thread, Nintendo had Grezzo (a 3rd party developer) make Ocarina of Time 3D. That means, they aren't really using up their own resources there.

But if you allow me to present you with a different opinion, the 3DS remake has made the game more popular than ever where I live. See, my country was, for lack of a better term, "PlayStation Territory" during the time Ocarina of Time got released and through most of the Gamecube era. I was always surprised to see many people here had never played Nintendo games (especially Nintendo 64 games, catridges were not seen with good eyes), but now I see kids playng the 3D remake all the time at school. Old consoles are also hard to find over here, so, as already said, a lot of people who didn't get to play the other releases will get to experience the game because of the 3D remake, and that will be even truer of Majora's Mask (which I think many of my friends are not even aware that it exists), due to the sales it had.

Link 2 the past

Slashy Slashy
Honestly, I'm sick of all the attention that OoT3DS has been getting, and I'm also sick and tired of all this Operation Moonfall crap, It's really getting on my nerves! The original games are good for what they are, we don't need some crappy remake that serves little to no purpose what-so-ever.

It's getting attention because it's just come out, nothing wrong with that. Remakes help to give a new generation of gamers a chance to play the game.
I like to say "Don't fix something that isn't broken", and this metaphor applies quite nicely here, because OoT was perfect. 10/10 in my eyes, why fix it, WHY!!!!

So a new generation of gamers get a chance to play it.
I seriously think, and worry, that Nintendo are running out of ideas. I am aware that it was to test the 3DS's new hardware, and to show us the graphical improvements they can do, but still, OoT was fine, up yours Nintendo! *raises middle finger in a harmful manor* -.-

You know a new Zelda game is coming out in two months time right?

Fig

The Altruist
Nintendo made Ocarina of Time 3D not only to show the improvements of the graphics and what the 3DS can do, but Nintendo spent their time creating the game for the public because Nintendo received so many positive comments about what Ocarina of Time and many fans asked them if they could remake Ocarina of Time for the 3DS. Nintendo also created because Ocarina of Time was one of their most productive games, and what better way to celebrate the worldwide Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary than to remaster the most rated game of all time? Nintendo knew that some people like you would not enjoy the popularity of OoT3D, but they wanted to create something special for the world!! It's like saying that it was bad that Nintendo released Super Mario All-Stars for the 25th Anniversary of Super Mario Bros. I would think that was an excellent way to celebrate and released All-Stars again to the word, mainly because North America didn't receive the original release of All-Stars.

Anyways, you can't judge Nintendo for creating games for their loving fans. They love doing things for their fans. Will some fans disagree? Sure. But you gotta realize that Nintendo is going to continue their ways no matter what. I'm certain that you will understand.

All-Stars on Wii was just lazy. They put what would have been an $8 Virtual Console game on a Wii disc, added a basic booklet of information and a compilation CD where half the tracks were sound effects, and sold it for $30. They didn't even use the version of All-Stars with Super Mario World included.

And North America totally got the SNES release. I used to have it.

Yes!

All-Stars on Wii was just lazy. They put what would have been an $8 Virtual Console game on a Wii disc, added a basic booklet of information and a compilation CD where half the tracks were sound effects, and sold it for $30. They didn't even use the version of All-Stars with Super Mario World included.

And North America totally got the SNES release. I used to have it.

I completely agree. Compared to SMAS on Wii, the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D was an excellent remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom