• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Why is the Master Sword looking broken? Theories?

I have to agree with Amy there is way more possibility that demise will make a return in this game since we see the master sword broken for the first time thus breaking the seal on demise, I think it would be awesome to see ganon and demise working together they would make one bad ass team to have to take down

Honestly I just beat skyward sword for the first time like a week ago and as soon as I saw the seen with impa talking about demise resting in the master sword my mind instently went to breath of the wild and how broken this one is so i think the creators of the game could have put that in as a future hint to the return of demise and now we can see several years later where they might have been going with that cutscenes

Last edited by a moderator:
decay doesn't necessarily mean he'll be 100% gone for good
I tend to agree with this, esp from a mathematical standpoint. Things don't just decay to nothing. It has an asymptotic relationship as time goes on assuming that decay works in the Zelda universe the same way it does in ours.

Last edited:

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I have this theory that this could be the 1st Zelda game where you don't wield the Master Sword as ultimate weapon, but the bow. It's the iconic weapon of this game.

Theory: You find the master sword at some point, all rusty and ****ty and stuff. You bring it to blacksmith X for repairs. He says he is unable to restore the sword. But while you carried it with you, chips of the sword attached themselves to the bow, imbuing it with the sword's powers.

I have this theory that this could be the 1st Zelda game where you don't wield the Master Sword as ultimate weapon, but the bow. It's the iconic weapon of this game.

Theory: You find the master sword at some point, all rusty and ****ty and stuff. You bring it to blacksmith X for repairs. He says he is unable to restore the sword. But while you carried it with you, chips of the sword attached themselves to the bow, imbuing it with the sword's powers.
Haha this is a really good theory I've never heard this one before, and I want to like this because using the bow in any game is always my favorite I prefer the hunter class but by them doing so with the master sword any game that comes after this on the time line couldn't have the master sword anymore right? It would have become the master bow now

I think the MS being broken will have something to do with the "rethinking conventions" Aonuma talked about. Possibly because by this point the MS has become a bit of a trope, and it being the ultimate weapon is too predictable now. Maybe in the story Link will be asked to go and find the sword to defeat ganon, only to discover that it has lost it's power and he'll have to find another way to defeat him.

Personally I'd like it better if the MS is barely mentioned by anyone at all because it has been forgotten over time, and you can just randomly find it. It doesn't do anything special, but you can use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom