• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why is Ganondorf Green?

This is a question I'm surprised I never hear much, not even in the mailbags.

Really, why? I could understand if it is an after effect of being a giant boar monster, but he has it BEFORE it occurs.

My only theory is that it could be a side effect to any dark magic enhancement or mystic experiment to make him stronger.

amaterasu

Writer
I agree with Seth. Pretty much teh main reason. When they changed his blood from red in the origanal 64 version to green in teh virtual consol version, i think it made him moar evil.

Fierce

Deity Link
First off: Ganondorf's blood was changed to green because parents complained. The green blood was a way of censorship.

Ganondorf's green skin is likely just a skin color of powerful, magic wielding gerudo. His surrogate mothers, Twinrova, also has green skin if you notice. I'm fairly certain the green skin is something of Gerudo attributes. They wanted to make his skin dark, to represent he spends much of his time in the desert sun, and yet they didn't want to make him black... as that would be rather racist and Nintendo had an issue with that in the past. (The Pokemon Jynx)

Gamewise though, I'm sure the green skin is the fact that his body has been corrupted by dark magic, much like Twinrova. I think Twinrova may actually be Ganondorf's mother... and former matriarch of the Gerudo people. Kaume and Kotake are possibly the fate of the woman after birthing the dark king... She split into two parts. Only able to combine in dire need. The fact that she dies after taking this form... despite living hundreds of years... makes sense. But this is all just speculation.

I also believe Ganon pre-existed the birth of ganondorf, and saught human form. The birthing process of the Gerudo is still yet unknown however... maybe they aren't born in the traditional sense at all. Something to ponder I suppose.

But surrogate

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
First off: Ganondorf's blood was changed to green because parents complained. The green blood was a way of censorship.

Ganondorf's green skin is likely just a skin color of powerful, magic wielding gerudo. His surrogate mothers, Twinrova, also has green skin if you notice. I'm fairly certain the green skin is something of Gerudo attributes. They wanted to make his skin dark, to represent he spends much of his time in the desert sun, and yet they didn't want to make him black... as that would be rather racist and Nintendo had an issue with that in the past. (The Pokemon Jynx)

Gamewise though, I'm sure the green skin is the fact that his body has been corrupted by dark magic, much like Twinrova. I think Twinrova may actually be Ganondorf's mother... and former matriarch of the Gerudo people. Kaume and Kotake are possibly the fate of the woman after birthing the dark king... She split into two parts. Only able to combine in dire need. The fact that she dies after taking this form... despite living hundreds of years... makes sense. But this is all just speculation.

I also believe Ganon pre-existed the birth of ganondorf, and saught human form. The birthing process of the Gerudo is still yet unknown however... maybe they aren't born in the traditional sense at all. Something to ponder I suppose.

But surrogate

Fierce, he's talking about the skin. Not the blood thing.

Um... thanks guys, but I didn't want to know about the blood. Just his skin. So far it's my theory of dark magic side effect or he's the reincarnation of a monster... which I don't really agree with unless Skyward Sword or any game before Ocarina of Time confirms or suggests it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom