• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why I Hate TP

Ralis

Prince of the Zoras
Let me lend you a tip: Get the Wii version, genious! The controls are WAY better and easier, and the graphics are a little bit better, too.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I understand you completely on how this game has its ups and downs to why it's not and why it's not. TP did have minor and major problems that could annoy players. I myself disliked some things about the game. In the end though, I adore this game. Yes, there are some things that I wish would be different. Yes, there are some places where I wish there was more. No, I don't hate the game. ;)

Twilight Princess's side-quests were dull. But they weren't too long of side quests! There were to few sidequests and sidequests that weren't very deep or fun. I don't know why'd you complain about getting more heart pieces! It adds things to do, and its not like you need them to beat the game. I beat it with three hearts! It was waaay too easy.

Graphics would have been good for its time if released earlier.
Overworld wasn't vast! The fields were vast, and the desert was vast. The rest of the areas are comparable to the size of other zelda games. Oh, and the field and desert were dreadfully empty.
Story was tacked on and messy but good notheless.
Music was MIDI and half the soundtrack was Ocarina of Time redone.
Not a lot going on outside the main quest. Very linear making it the less zelda-ish.

Majoras Mask has the best sidequests and characters. All deep and compelling.
Wind Waker has the best story with the most twists and best soundtrack and colorful unique graphics that will remain timeless.
Ocarina of Time just brought so much to the table when introducing the zelda world into 3D.

So what did Twilight Princess bring?
More realistic graphics? Ok, they're good, not incredible for a 2006 game. The next zelda for Wii will surpass it in that. Only some of the places are truely beautiful. There were a lot of bland places graphics wise.

Most amazing story? It felt tacked on. And the addition of ganondorf made it worse. Midna was incredibly well done though.

Most of the locations are the same as OoT making it feel like Ive done it before, and the sense of exploration is cut immensly.

So whats so great about it?
If you haven't played OoT, MM, and WW, I can see how this game would be incredible. But I have played and beat every zelda game to date and TP was the first game to disspoint me. But it being a 3D game makes me have high expectations for it.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
If you haven't played OoT, MM, and WW, I can see how this game would be incredible.

I get why TP could be disappointing to people who have played other Zelda games, I really do. But it's hard to make those generalizations because then you have people like me who have played OoT, MM, and WW, and still have TP as a favorite. It all boils down to personal preference. You felt the story was tacked on while I loved it. Meanwhile, you loved WW's story and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't my favorite.

I also have to stick up for the upthread incredulity at the Wii controls. Nothing's perfect, but I loved the point-and-shoot aiming, because it was so much easier for me to shoot at a smaller target in TP than in WW for me, where it seemed to take forever to center the target. It was also frustrating in WW when a dungeon would use so many different items that I had to keep going back and forth to the subscreen. I'm sure that happened some in TP but that one extra slot for a b-button item made a lot of difference. I'm sure plenty of people do think the gamecube controller is easier because I've seen those posts. I'm sure other people like the Wii controls as well, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom