• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Does the Master Sword Shake?!

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Maybe it was reacting to the piece of Triforce that Tetra wore as a necklace? I mean it did shake when Tetra was looking at it, as if it wanted her to notice it since she was connected to the legends of old.

D

dug428

I always wondered that! It is so wierd, and I thought it could be a glitch, but it can't be!

octorok74

TETTAC
The master sword could have been drawing on some of the power from the part of the triforce Tetra had. That way it would be able to do something to Ganondorf in the least bit.

It always throws me off when I see that. I think that maybe it was an error with the game. Nothing else really makes much sense to me.

CZG

It always throws me off when I see that. I think that maybe it was an error with the game. Nothing else really makes much sense to me.

But then, a text shows up saying: 'That sword...' or something.
This is no mistake in programming or something.

Maybe they had this Zelda Wii thing in mind already, with a more special sword that talks or transforms or...
?!

I think it's just an error in the game. Tetra says "That sword..." because she saw it when you had the back turned. I don't think it was made to look like this because it looks strange and if they had wanted the sword to shake, they have done it while your back was turned and less crappy-looking. But that's only my opinion maybe it's not that...

On second thought, I might agree on that.
The choice of camera angles and such makes it fairly peculiar to say the least.

Last edited:
M

majoraskullkid

I think it's just an error in the game. Tetra says "That sword..." because she saw it when you had the back turned. I don't think it was made to look like this because it looks strange and if they had wanted the sword to shake, they have done it while your back was turned and less crappy-looking. But that's only my opinion maybe it's not that...

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Well, did you ever notice how Link moves his back a lot? He may have been movinghis back, thus making the Master Sword move. I hope this answers you question.

C

celibi88

i'm pretty sure the master sword is reacting to the presence of a piece of the triforce.

well thats what i assumed during my second play through.

But then, a text shows up saying: 'That sword...' or something.
This is no mistake in programming or something.

She says that afterwords, not when it shakes. As majoraskullkid said, It seems like they would want it to shake when he was turned around and she noticed it.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
I belive the Sword Shakes in reaction to the nearby sacred powers, as all parts of the Triforce are now united in one location. It is possible that the Master Sword can act as a sort of Locator and will react when the Triforce or any Triforce piece is neaby. But in saying that, it does not always react to Tetra or Ganondorf, or on that point- Link. (His hero status may prevent this...it would also look quite silly if the MS was shakng throughout the entire game).

I belive the Sword Shakes in reaction to the nearby sacred powers, as all parts of the Triforce are now united in one location. It is possible that the Master Sword can act as a sort of Locator and will react when the Triforce or any Triforce piece is neaby. But in saying that, it does not always react to Tetra or Ganondorf, or on that point- Link. (His hero status may prevent this...it would also look quite silly if the MS was shakng throughout the entire game).

Being that it only does this once in the entire series, and it does it so awkwardly that it confuses you, it is probably a mistake. I mean, all holders of the triforce have been in one location many times and the MS has only done such a thing once.

D

dug428

Well all three pieces aren't there yet. Link hasn't retrieved the Triforce of Courage at this point in the game, so it can not be that....

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I never even noticed this until I saw this topic. I've been remembering all of the good times with Wind Waker as well. But yeah, the shaking has something to do with Tetra looking at it.

Steve

5/19/13
I seems to me they're either putting emphasis on the sword, since it is the subject of the conversation, or it's just a small glitch in the polygon data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom