• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Does It Always Rain in the Back of the Graveyard?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I think it's because the Royal Family's Grave is CURSED!!!!! or, it was originally supposed to rain throughout the entire graveyard, then scrapped that idea and accidentally left the rain in the back in...
Yea... i don't know...

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
My thought if I was a game designer would be to let people know that something special/ hidden is in that area if the triforce in front of the grave wasn't enough.

As a gamer I would think a curse much like the people above.

It can be all of the above, or just at least some of the things mentioned. I personally believe it was a curse on the area (the grave or an effect of the Shadow Temple or both). Which in turn helped to set the aura and mood of the area.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I think it's just whenever you go to that area, it is supposed to be ominous. I have no clue why they didn't do it for the WHOLE graveyard, but it's just one of those things where you walk into an area and the weather changes.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I am guessing that the rain is supposed to set the mood. Being in a graveyard is one of those things that people find depressing sometimes, and adding rain just makes it more somber. Especially when it is the Royal Family's grave you are sneaking into.

amaterasu

Writer
It may be the evil from the Shadow Temple seeping into the graveyard, and the Royal Family's Spirits are keeping it from going to the rest of the world. Even after you beat it, it still scares me.

Volvagia

Gentlemanly Lava Dragon
What if (very big if) it had something to do with the composer brothers? Sounds crazy but here is my theory. The composer brothers created the song of storms, and, as ghosts, introduced it into the timeline loop. This connection would explain why there is always a storm near where they are buried. There is absolutely no proof of this, but I think that it makes sense. In a gameplay way, it just adds to the creepy and eerie tone of a graveyard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom