• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why Did the Zora Tribe Adapt into the Rito Tribe?

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Then why the big conspiracy to cover it up? He's sealed and Hyrule is safe. Who cares if someone knows about Hyrule? There's just no real evidence to support the need for Hyrule to remain a secret. It just makes no sense why the Zora wouldn't have been stopped by that super powerful barrier holding the ocean up. No normal race could get through. There's just no sense to this theory of yours.

In fact, if the gods are so powerful they can flood Hyrule, why don't they just come down and kill him themselves? Why do they operate from the nebula? Are they just toying with their creations?

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Maybe because Hyrulian Zoras can't live in salt water, only in fresh water. That being said, I still don't get how fins mutate into wings. Whatever.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
PhantomTrifrorce, the wings didn't evolve into them. They are given the wings when they collect one of Valoo's scales. That was why you had to calm down Valoo, so Komali was able to get his scale and obtain wings.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Then why the big conspiracy to cover it up? He's sealed and Hyrule is safe. Who cares if someone knows about Hyrule? There's just no real evidence to support the need for Hyrule to remain a secret. It just makes no sense why the Zora wouldn't have been stopped by that super powerful barrier holding the ocean up. No normal race could get through. There's just no sense to this theory of yours.

In fact, if the gods are so powerful they can flood Hyrule, why don't they just come down and kill him themselves? Why do they operate from the nebula? Are they just toying with their creations?

See this why I believe the theory that the Zora's adapted into the Rito to keep the secret of Hyrule....For one why exactly did the God's have to flood Hyrule? Couldn't they have just sealed Hyrule within a normal seal...The reason why they flooded Hyrule was to keep the past legends of Hyrule a secret, of course it was mainly to stop Ganondorf but with the appearance of an Ocean it would enable the past legends of Hyrule to be unknown. With knowledge comes power if the secret of Hyrule's location was revealed it would have been possible for Ganondorf to escape....However he did actually escape anyway but the initial reason was to keep Hyrule and more importantly Ganondorf a secret.

I don't see the argument here? In an attempt to stop Ganondorf the Goddesses flooded him within Hyrule to stop anyone from going to Hyrule they forced the Zora to become the Rito. It's not evolution, it's magic, guys. As for why the goddesses didn't just come down and whoop Ganon's little pigtail off is an argument you could use against the plot of the entire series. Maybe the goddesses can only directly interact with the things they created the geography itself, time, so on and so forth. But can only indirectly interact with the things their creations created send link/ zelda prophetic dreams, Flood evil pig men into castles. I'm not entirely sure it does matter. I'm not too interested with theorizing about the goddesses honestly, not only do you have the fantasy factor of being a video game but they also get the rules of divinity. Which means when it comes to the goddesses you can simply take the Creationist approach, I don't understand how it happened so the creator did it. Don't try to argue with God guys, it's gonna hurt in the long run.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't see the argument here? In an attempt to stop Ganondorf the Goddesses flooded him within Hyrule to stop anyone from going to Hyrule they forced the Zora to become the Rito. It's not evolution, it's magic, guys.

Hmmm

Would you please elaborate on what you mean by magic?....This doesn't seem like a valid point in my eyes, there is no evidence of God's ever interfering with tribes in any of the Zelda games. In fact i think there is enough evidence seen in this thread to prove that the Zora Tribe did in fact adapt. One more point I have against your idea that "magic" was the cause for this transformation was that Valoo gifts the Rito the ability to fly, now if the God's did interfere with the transformation of the Rito tribe then why didn't they just give the Rito wings themselves.

I apologize, Divinity, Divine-ness, Godly Powers, I guess? I look at godly powers as separate from like magic spells. Din's Fire is from the Gods but it's magic. Din creating the land and mountains and valleys that's pure godly power. Magic may stem from these godly powers but are nowhere near as powerful, I suppose. The Zoras were able to swim to Hyrule (the secret the Goddesses' were trying to flood away) which interfered with the goddesses' master plan. No other race had ever interfered with the Goddesses', to my knowledge, so the need had never arisen for them to interfere with any other race or tribe. And yes it is possible the Zora could have adapted naturally but most likely not into anything similar to the Rito and even if they would have it would have taken millions of years not the 100-600 year time frame between OoT and WW. Meaning I feel evidence supports the Goddesses accelerated a transformation in the Zoras to help hide-away the secrets of the lost city... I mean Hyrule. As for Valoo, it's possible the Rito were never intended to fly (maybe they were human platypi?) but as Valoo grew to become the protector of the Rito he began the tradition of bestowing the scale.With details of the flood non-existent it's all speculation. But in my opinion the Goddesses didn't want anyone in the water so they closed the pool.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I apologize, Divinity, Divine-ness, Godly Powers, I guess? I look at godly powers as separate from like magic spells. Din's Fire is from the Gods but it's magic. Din creating the land and mountains and valleys that's pure godly power. Magic may stem from these godly powers but are nowhere near as powerful, I suppose. The Zoras were able to swim to Hyrule (the secret the Goddesses' were trying to flood away) which interfered with the goddesses' master plan. No other race had ever interfered with the Goddesses', to my knowledge, so the need had never arisen for them to interfere with any other race or tribe. And yes it is possible the Zora could have adapted naturally but most likely not into anything similar to the Rito and even if they would have it would have taken millions of years not the 100-600 year time frame between OoT and WW. Meaning I feel evidence supports the Goddesses accelerated a transformation in the Zoras to help hide-away the secrets of the lost city... I mean Hyrule. As for Valoo, it's possible the Rito were never intended to fly (maybe they were human platypi?) but as Valoo grew to become the protector of the Rito he began the tradition of bestowing the scale.With details of the flood non-existent it's all speculation. But in my opinion the Goddesses didn't want anyone in the water so they closed the pool.

Ahhh I see what you mean :)

Hmmm this could have been a factor but I just don't think the goddesses themselves caused the quick adaptation I just think it's part of their nature, if I remember in HH is said something about during the Era of Chaos a transformation took place involving the Zora descendants....Now we can interpret that the ancestors of the Zoras where indeed the Parella from SS. Now this in my view proves that during an era when a race may be in danger (in this case a war) the rates of adaptation increase, also during the Era of chaos there was no mentioning of the Goddesses intervening. So one must think that either another force is at workd or it's just a part of their nature to adapt quicker to extreme events.

I haven't read the Hyrule Historia (Don't laugh it hurts enough) so I hadn't been aware the Parella were official ancestors of the Zora. Seeing that bit of info added I could see it very possible the Zora could rapidly evolve on their own if they'd done it before or you can also see the flip-side perhaps the Goddesses have accelerated BOTH evolutions. I'm willing to accept either upon confirmation as both are extremely plausible. I just feel it's more likely for some sort of divine intervention because no race but the Zora has ever evolved making me feel their evolution can't be too natural.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I haven't read the Hyrule Historia (Don't laugh it hurts enough) so I hadn't been aware the Parella were official ancestors of the Zora. Seeing that bit of info added I could see it very possible the Zora could rapidly evolve on their own if they'd done it before or you can also see the flip-side perhaps the Goddesses have accelerated BOTH evolutions. I'm willing to accept either upon confirmation as both are extremely plausible. I just feel it's more likely for some sort of divine intervention because no race but the Zora has ever evolved making me feel their evolution can't be too natural.

Yeah this is just a theory so it's by no mean canon, so maybe the gods did speed up the change by divine intervention....Until something gets confirmed we will just have to speculate for now but hey! This is what I love about the Zelda series :)

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
If the Parella are the ancestors of the Zora? Then who became the Kokiri and the Gerudo? They would have had to evolve at some point after SS but before OoT, but where and how?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
If the Parella are the ancestors of the Zora? Then who became the Kokiri and the Gerudo? They would have had to evolve at some point after SS but before OoT, but where and how?

Even though not confirmed.....There is a srong argument to support this as stated in HH "*during the Era of Chaos a transformation took place involving the Zora descendants"

Now if you look at the timeline, the era of chaos happens in between Skyward Sword and the Minish Cap and due to there being no game in between the Minish Cap and SS I think we can only relate the ancestors of the Zoras to be the Parella. There are obvious similarities between the two as both are semi aquatic race and they reside within a lake. Now if I remember correctly there was no aquatic race seen in the Minish Cap so one can at the moment only interpret that the Zora/Parella were outside the boundary's of the Minish Caps world or they were simply hidden.

As for why they evolved or adapted, I think that due to the same reason as presented in this thread...they had to adapt to a major event. In this case I refer back to the Era of Chaos, as it stated that some part of transformation took place at this time I think it could have been due to the danger the Parella could have been in so they might have had to move from Lake Floria to another location (Zoras Domain) Now since Parella could only reside in water it seems maybe they evolved human features to move locations and ultimately save the aquatic tribe.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Still, where did the Gerudo and Kokiri come from? I think the Gerudo are an offshoot of Hylians that would have stayed on the surface during the era when the other Hylians went to the sky. I theorize the leftover people developed into a different race during all their time on the surface. They likely fled into the deserts to escape Demise, and therefore developed their darker skin. Anyone else notice how Impa in SS has Dark skin like a Gerudo? I think she is a Gerudo, and the founding Sheikah could have been Gerudo or lived with them.

The Kokiri may themselves have been an offshoot of children who fled Demise after they were left behind. Demise is shown to have been sealed in the woods of Faron, and that's likely where he attacked the Hylians. They probably sought protection from the Great Deku Tree, who gave them a spell to keep them safe, even from aging or leaving the forest where danger could be. The spell was broken when the Deku Tree died, and the new Deku Tree likely made the Kokiri evolve into a new race that could reproduce and live on.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Still, where did the Gerudo and Kokiri come from? I think the Gerudo are an offshoot of Hylians that would have stayed on the surface during the era when the other Hylians went to the sky. I theorize the leftover people developed into a different race during all their time on the surface. They likely fled into the deserts to escape Demise, and therefore developed their darker skin. Anyone else notice how Impa in SS has Dark skin like a Gerudo? I think she is a Gerudo, and the founding Sheikah could have been Gerudo or lived with them.

The Kokiri may themselves have been an offshoot of children who fled Demise after they were left behind. Demise is shown to have been sealed in the woods of Faron, and that's likely where he attacked the Hylians. They probably sought protection from the Great Deku Tree, who gave them a spell to keep them safe, even from aging or leaving the forest where danger could be. The spell was broken when the Deku Tree died, and the new Deku Tree likely made the Kokiri evolve into a new race that could reproduce and live on.

Nice! You should maybe post a thread about your thoughts am sure I would like to discuss this in further detail but just remember to stay on topic in this thread ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom