• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Did Midna . . . ?

I do believe that Midna and Link did eventually see each other again. It was known that both worlds were connected when it was twilight in the normal world. Knowing how close they were, I doubt that both of them would just not try to at least stay in contact. I feel like somehow, some way, they did end up contacting each other and maybe even found a different way to see each other. As I said the two worlds are connected, so it is a possibility for there to be such things without needing the mirror.

It was simply to prevent any further trouble between the two worlds. That's it.

People are looking too deeply into it.

Now what was she going to say? I think they left that out to let us fill the blank on that one.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
It was simply to prevent any further trouble between the two worlds. That's it.

People are looking too deeply into it.

Now what was she going to say? I think they left that out to let us fill the blank on that one.

Right. In times like these, you have to shatter the connection to prevent a situation like the one you just risked your life to stop.

I also don't think Midna loved Link. I think she just was able to not be so hard on him.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
Midna might have seen it as the only solution.

By shattering the Mirror of Twilight she prevents anything merging from Twilight Realm to Light Realm - and vice versa. People of Light Realm punished Ganondorf and sentenced him to Twilight Realm, causing the events of Twilight Princess. She might have been protecting her own land by destroying the only way between them, because it was Sages' fault that Ganondorf ended up in Twilight Realm. They were afraid to face him - understandable - and their solution to dealing with him was to send him to the other world, where they thought he wouldn't cause problem to Light Realm. Not caring about the people of Twilight Realm in the least.

Maybe Midna just wanted to put a stop to this kind of things ever happening again, did what a proper leader would do - sacrificed something dear to her (I think she saw Link as a comrade more) for the good of her people, who have already suffered.
Midna did espouse her philosophy is, “Light And Shadow Can't Mix, As We All Know. But... Never Forget That There's Another World Bound To This One.” This proves she would ultimately be against a romance with Link because he is light and from The Light Realm. I think she sensed Link had formed an attachment and so she shattered the mirror to ensure he remained in the light realm and ended up with Zelda.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
There's also a very interesting theory on youtube that Midna is actually died and got revived as a spirit of light. The source for this theory was the way all the spirit of light surrounded her after Gman got defeated and also the way she dissolved after she said her final goodby to Link and Zelda. Even though there is no solid evidence for this I find this theory very plausible

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
There's also a very interesting theory on youtube that Midna is actually died and got revived as a spirit of light. The source for this theory was the way all the spirit of light surrounded her after Gman got defeated and also the way she dissolved after she said her final goodby to Link and Zelda. Even though there is no solid evidence for this I find this theory very plausible
She does respond to Zelda in the scene as her long pigtails sway as if she has seniority, Zelda being Hylia. Interesting theory.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
She does respond to Zelda in the scene as her long pigtails sway as if she has seniority, Zelda being Hylia. Interesting theory.
There are many theories but this one is one of the few I really think could be possible. Watch her final scene before she dissolves. She vanishes like the light spirits do. There were more things about this theory I agreed with.

Daku Rinku

Dark Link
There are many theories but this one is one of the few I really think could be possible. Watch her final scene before she dissolves. She vanishes like the light spirits do. There were more things about this theory I agreed with.
Makes me wonder with this theory if Midna destroyed the mirror then to seal The Twilight Realm since she now was a Light Spirit. She does tell Link I will see you later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom