• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Why Did Midna . . . ?

It's been bugging me since I first beat TP - WHY DID MIDNA SHATTER THE MIRROR OF TWILIGHT ? I don't understand! It's completely implied she's ready to say I Love You to Link, and then she just leaves forever? I for one am so puzzled as to why she would never want to return to the World of Light and see Link/Zelda again! Can anyone shine any light on this for me?

Fig

The Altruist
It is mostly likely that even though Midna really liked Link, it was pointless for her because she's from a different world than Link. I believe that she breaks the Mirror of Twilight because she doesn't want more evil to enter their world, so in a way she wants to land of Hyrule to be protected and fluorish while she rules the Twilight Realm.

It is mostly likely that even though Midna really liked Link, it was pointless for her because she's from a different world than Link. I believe that she breaks the Mirror of Twilight because she doesn't want more evil to enter their world, so in a way she wants to land of Hyrule to be protected and fluorish while she rules the Twilight Realm.
that's what I was thinking, I just find it so sad xD . . . I can't wait to see if Nintendo does some kind of sneaky trick to bring her back in the future xD

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Look guys, we can only guess what Midna wanted to say. Maybe she wanted to say I am sorry for being harsh to you Link or maybe I'm sorry for dragging you all into this or maybe she was going to say Link we will meet no more. We can only guess.
I think Midna shattered it to prevend evil like Ganondorf entering the Twilight Realm and situations like Zant won't happen again. She learned a hard lesson and she trully changed. I think this was the best thing she could do.

Last edited:
So do you think it's pretty much impossible to maintain any sort of connection at all with the Twilight Realm at this point ? Is this the last we'll see of Midna ? :(

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Because the two worlds aren't supposed to be mixed, as Zant showed quite well.

I think it made sense for both Hyrule and the Twilight realm for the two worlds to be cut off from eachother, but Midna mainly did it for the benefit of the Twili. No more evil could be banished to the twilight realm, this means the Twili can be at peace.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It sure is tough living under the shadow of someone who has exhibited such expansive Courage. :)

I don't believe Midna ever loved Link; I'm certain she came to admire him, though at first she brokered a deal to release him in trade for his aid in freeing the Twilight Realm. Over time, she saw his willingness to take up his role as the Hero of Time and it enhanced her obligation of toppling Zant's black (no, not as in shadow) tyranny. She watched Link confront overwhelming odds with even more overcoming valor. But once all had regained its normalcy, she realized Light and Shadow should not mingle any longer. I believe that look she gave him was of farewell, not love, and so she sundered the Mirror to bond Fate so tightly it could never be undone.

Whether Midna will ever reemerge again (yes, please) has yet to be seen. I definitely hope she does.

Midna might have seen it as the only solution.

By shattering the Mirror of Twilight she prevents anything merging from Twilight Realm to Light Realm - and vice versa. People of Light Realm punished Ganondorf and sentenced him to Twilight Realm, causing the events of Twilight Princess. She might have been protecting her own land by destroying the only way between them, because it was Sages' fault that Ganondorf ended up in Twilight Realm. They were afraid to face him - understandable - and their solution to dealing with him was to send him to the other world, where they thought he wouldn't cause problem to Light Realm. Not caring about the people of Twilight Realm in the least.

Maybe Midna just wanted to put a stop to this kind of things ever happening again, did what a proper leader would do - sacrificed something dear to her (I think she saw Link as a comrade more) for the good of her people, who have already suffered.

Last edited:

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I think it's because she doesn't want more evil monsters to enter Hyrule. She likes Link and Zelda, but she wants to protect them at least.

I have a theory awnsering that, under theories, called Twilight Princess End awsering the who, what, and why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom