• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Why Can't OoT Be Made For Both DS Systems?

:)I was thinking:"Why can't OoT be made for both DS systems?" I just got a DSiXL for my birthday and I'm sure I won't be getting a 3DS now. I'm sure its the same for other people too and thats why I want Nintendo to make it for the DS as well. What do you think? I know you might think it would cost more money,but they would also make more money. So its worth it right?

Because, it's a pain in the *** to do it?

Because, Nintendo doesn't care as much about their old systems, and want to extensively promote their new ones by making the most popular games available for it and only it?

Probably because those are the only two reasons they really need.

F

FCBdaz

the normal DS couldnt handle the graphic power to play the OoT

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ummmmm...maybe because the DS isn't capable of doing that sort of thing?

actually, if they could make it for gamecube they can make it for the DS too.

No, see, the DS doesn't work that way. It's not capable of the things the 3DS can do. It's like a Game Boy just with better graphics and aspects. The 3DS is basically a console put into a handheld.

they should make MM or WW for DS too, that would be cool. (after the gamecube incedent, I don't have those games exept for WW anymore. well i do but you can see right through the disc.)

Beeker

Wild Card
actually, if they could make it for gamecube they can make it for the DS too.
The Gamecube one leans more towards a port than OoT3D, which is being remade. My guess is older DS systems wouldn't be able to support the power of OoT3D's graphics, so if it was moved back down to a regular DS, the graphics would change significantly. Also it seems it would be better,like Zenox and LOLGames4U said, to promote the newer, evolving technology. While there still will be some DS games, it should slowly shift to the 3DS.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The Gamecube one leans more towards a port than OoT3D, which is being remade. My guess is older DS systems wouldn't be able to support the power of OoT3D's graphics, so if it was moved back down to a regular DS, the graphics would change significantly. Also it seems it would be better,like Zenox and LOLGames4U said, to promote the newer, evolving technology. While there still will be some DS games, it should slowly shift to the 3DS.

And the DS was completely based off of the touchscreen. The 3DS actually has an analog stick, which is pretty much necessary for Ocarina of Time.

well to add the DS was made just to be a portable gaming system like the gameboy but with better graphics and processing power, The 3DS is basically a portable console like JucieJ said. The 3DS is capable of anything the gamecube had, it is basically a portable gamecube, just the like the PSP whatever you want to call it, is like the PS2. The 3DS has way more power behind it, it isnt all talk.

Kirino

Tatakae
The DS's graphics are only slightly better than the N64. No way could it handle OoT3D. And it would be dumb. They can't make it just to please the people without 3DS's. It would take to much time and money.

A

Amicus

Nintendo are obviously wanting more people to buy the 3ds so they can earn themselves more money, and I'm not sure that the ds would be able to handle the grapics of the new remake or something stupid like that. Though I can't help but think that more copies of the game, and possibly more 3ds' by people who bought it because they wanted to rather than being forced to just to play future games, would sell if they release one version for 3ds and another for ds instead of forcing Zelda fans to buy a system which some the fans might not be able to afford and some might not be able to handle 3d, like one of my friends.
I really wish Nintendo would just think things through instead of forcing people to buy things they don't want...

Nintendo are obviously wanting more people to buy the 3ds so they can earn themselves more money, and I'm not sure that the ds would be able to handle the grapics of the new remake or something stupid like that. Though I can't help but think that more copies of the game, and possibly more 3ds' by people who bought it because they wanted to rather than being forced to just to play future games, would sell if they release one version for 3ds and another for ds instead of forcing Zelda fans to buy a system which some the fans might not be able to afford and some might not be able to handle 3d, like one of my friends.
I really wish Nintendo would just think things through instead of forcing people to buy things they don't want...
Wait what other reason would there be to buy a new system other than to play new games? There isn't a single decision in the world that will please everybody. And if Nintendo had somehow managed to make OoT, or Starfox, or Mortal Combat or any of the other games for 3DS also for DS, then nobody would buy a 3DS. Of course Nintendo is out to make money, that's what businesses do. :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom