• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Why a log? (Oracle of seasons)

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Mayhap. But log obsession? No. I think they just thought to stick with the logs because, well....Zelda games seem to be set around a sort of medieval time. So, Back then, there were settlements and towns, but not so many, There were more trees back then. So maybe Nintendo thought to highlight that?

I don't think so... the only really plausible reason I see, as I stated earlier is that it is for gameplay design... A log would fit almost anywhere in the overworld, am I wrong?
So they made it a log to not seem out of contest...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i think its a log because the trees represent seasons. in the fall the leaves fall off, in the winter they are completely gone and seemingly dead, in the spring the flowers bloom on the trees and in the summer the trees are lush with leaves. trees can be used to represent any season so when changing the seasons why not have Link stand on a tree stump?

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
if you could change the seasons anywhere (which would be ideal) you would also wreck a lot of the puzzles in oos due to the positioning of those logs and such, it isn't so much an obsession as it is a important game mechanic.

changing them while standing on the grass does make sense but at what cost. i think its better this way, besides MC uses the same method of transformation... with a tree stump. link just seems to have an affinity to nature and the forest especially, or something along those lines.

Zarom

The King
Because first, the purpose is that you can't change the seasons whenever you want. Especially, when you first enter an area, like Spool Swamp, it has to be autumn. If we could change to winter right after entering this area, it would all screw the game.

So, it would really would screw all, and the stump is there for gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom