• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who's the Fierce Deity?

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum,
by far, my favorite mask is probably the Fierce Deity mask. It super pwns bosses and just makes Link an even bigger beast. Where do you think the Fierce Deity came from, who is it really? Some long lost form of Hylian?

~I'm hoping this thread isn't off topic to any forum Mods, I didn't think it would be proper posting this in the Zelda theory forum, due to the fact the Fierce Deity is only in Classic Titles.

:triforce: Don't forget to comment! :) :triforce:

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
well, since majora himself gave you the mask it's probaly like his friend's or something. it could be just a deity that lives on the moon like the kids and link just can use its power

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really couldn't answer that question, my apologies. But, from what I've went on and about in MM, it "is possible" that FD is Link's Termina counterpart. Look at everyone in Hyrule (play OoT), then look at everyone in Termina (go back to MM). Everyone seems to have a counterpart, except major figures (Link, Zelda, Ganondork) in the story. Since putting on the FD's mask makes young Link look somewhat like his own adult self, it is highly likely that FD is a dark version of the Hero of Time. My theories, also put together on various other websites, such as http://zelda.wikia.com

NOTE: I am sorry if linking to other websites is illegal on ZD, I just thought it would be right to link to Zelda Wikia because I based a bit of my information on what they had said.

L

Link's Shadow

Well, in the non-canonical manga for Majora's Mask, it says that long ago, Majora was originally a huge beast that murdered men and couldn't die. This went on until a man, who looks identical to Link's appearance when he has the Fierce Deity Mask on, came along and played music for Majora. Majora was mesmerized by the music and danced for three days (huh, just a coincidence?) until he died of exhaustion. Then the man sealed the monster's remains in the mask now known as Majora's Mask. So it could be that a mask was made in his honor or something. This isn't official Zelda canon, though, but it's still an interesting theory.

This is what I know/beleive. Zora Mask= Miaku, Deku Mask = Chamberlian's Son/Deku Butler's Son, Goron Mask = That Ghost Goron from MM, Majora's Mask = Someone from the Ancient Tribe, FD Mask = The Devil. (The anceint tribe is the good guy and FD is the bad guy.) Again, this is just what I know/think.

Someone from the Ancient Tribe, FD Mask = The Devil. (The anceint tribe is the good guy and FD is the bad guy.)

Majora's Mask can't be good unless you consider Link, Zelda, The Goddesses, etc, evil. I think the Fierce Deity is just the spirit of warriors or something like that. And maybe the FD is an enemy of the "ancient tribe," but it still wouldn't make the mask good. A neutral force that was created for combat. If the FD mask was evil, I don't think Link could have have used it for good. Kind of like the Ring in Lord of the Rings. But either way, Majora is evil.

Ive heard that there was a very rare zelda game called MM2. It explained the origins of Majoras Mask and Fierce Deity. IIRC the story of the masks was something like this: It said that the four Giants made two entities to watch over Termina. The two, Majora and FD, fought against each other violently because they thought that only one, not two, of them could watch over Termina. IIRC the Terminians saw Majora as chaos, and FD as a thief. Finally the giants put an end to their fighting and banished them within masks. The giants also erased the memory of the fight from the Terminians minds. That's how im pretty sure it went, but dont think its 100% true, i read it like 5 months ago.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
If you read the backstory at the end of the Majora's Mask comic, it explains how Majora went in a mask. The traveler in the story is most likely Fierce Diety because he looks like FD if he was human so what that means is that FD sealed Majora in a mask and looking like Adult Link, he is probalby a ancestor of the Hero of Time who got godly power and was sealed away in a mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom