• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Whos Keeping Score??

which zelda title is better? TP or SS

• TP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
This is an easy answer for me. I like Skyward Sword much better. Anyone who knows me on these forums knows I hate Twilight Princes with a passion. :P

Skyward Sword is far superior in every way, if you ask me. The visuals, the dungeons, the enemies, the bosses, the characters, the story, the gameplay... Everything left Twilight Princess in the dust. The motion controls of Skyward Sword are simply amazing, while the shoddy "motion controls" of the Twilight Princess Wii version were pretty much half-baked. Skyward Sword challenged me, whereas the entirety of Twilight Princess was a complete joke. Every enemy, boss, and dungeon in Twilight Princess is pathetically easy to beat. Some enemies like the Darknut merely take a few hidden skills to dispatch in around 20 seconds. Even the Ganondorf battle was extremely laughable. There was no challenge in Twilight Princess whatsoever. Not even the Cave of Ordeals was much of a challenge.

For me, the choice is obvious. Skyward Sword wins all the way.

This is a frequently-created poll and question in general, so I'll simplify my answer to Skyward Sword. I love both games, but Skyward Sword's daring leaps with things like motion controls, cinematography, and more RPG-like upgrade features took it higher than Twilight Princess for me. It's not like I'm going to throw a fit if someone likes Twilight Princess more, because Skyward Sword is not a perfect game nor the ideal Zelda, but it appeals to me more.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Another one? *sigh*

Skyward Sword, no contest. In short, Twilight Princess is a great game, but it's one of the weakest titles in the franchise due to lots of awkward and stunted design and storywriting. TP is also a very watered-down Zelda experience, making it only a GOOD Zelda game as opposed to a great one. Skyward Sword is great as both a video game and Zelda game. It's not without its flaws to be sure, but it's still one of the best titles to date.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Without a doubt, I like Twilight Princess way more and I think it is the better game of the two. I typically enjoy a solid plot, and Twilight Princess offered me one. Twilight Princess was also one of the funnest games I've played.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Twilight Princess most definitely is the better game if you ask me. It has much more to offer by way of gameplay and looks, the story while not the best of a Zelda game definitely resonated with me more than Skyward Sword's half-baked pseudo-romance. The characters in SS are definitely better than TP's, but I don't like anyone in SS aside from Groose (yes, that means I odn't like SS Link), whereas I like Bo, Ilia, Renado, Gor Coron, and Link of TP. I could keep going on and on, but my opinion is TP > SS

The question on the poll and the question in the OP are countering each other, in my onion. But, in response to the poll--which of the two was "better", I think I'd go with Twilight Princess. I think game's overall quality exceeded that of Skyward Sword's. But, that's not to say that there were not things about Twilight Princess that were not as great as they were in Skyward Sword, because there are. I just personally think due to the depth, the mood, and elements behind Twilight Princess made it the better game. Certain things were a little iffy, including character development and such, but I think it stayed true to the expectations of your typical Legend of Zelda game, while bravely straying slightly, making different impressions upon each individual player.

To answer the OP post's question, I liked Skyward Sword slightly more in regards to the atmosphere that was set. I honestly loathed most of the development and structure of this game, but for some reason, I just really, really enjoyed playing it. There was something about the exploration that I somewhat enjoyed, but... I want to think why I say I liked it better is the simple fact that... I am a procrastinator. In Twilight Princess, there wasn't nearly as much to do to keep me entertained when I'm too busy staying off-task as there was in Skyward Sword. I could just really take my procrastination to a whole new level in Skyward Sword, and that's really dandy.

But, a recapitulation: in my onion, Twilight Princess > Skyward Sword, but I liked Skyward Sword a bit more than Twilight Princess. Onions are onions, my friends. If you try to attack my onions, you might just chop them enough to make you cry. I'd be careful if I were you.

I'll keep this short, no more 3000 word posts on why i like TP.

Everything in TP felt fully realised, it was brimming with content and it was just wholly enjoyable on complete scale.

Whereas SS for me disappointed me at every turn, making it the most disappointing Zelda game i've ever played and one of my least favourite overall because of some many opportunities that it missed that could have been easily implemented during the half a decade it took to make,.

Right now I would have to go with SS. I am enjoying the story more. I really like the graphics in it, although the graphics in TP are good in a different way. I think the coloring just appeals to me in SS. I had a long stretch where I set them both down due to an inability to conquer a particular part. Having come back to both and progressed in each story, I still gotta go with SS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom