• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who Would Win?

Which Link is the victor?

• LoZ/AoL Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Link to the Past/LA

• Ocarina of Time Adult Link

• OoT/Majora's Mask Young Link

• Wind Waker Link

• Twilight Princess Link

• Minish Cap Link

• Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link

• Four Swords Links

• Any "Missing Link" I am forgetting

• Total voters
P

PwaPwa

Twilight Princess Link for sure. He gets hidden skills and better items. Then again he doesnt get many hard bosses so he doesn't have much practice... I guess my vote still goes for him.

TVTMaster

Guy What's Angry Now
Compelling argument, but Majora's Mask Link would win hands down. MM Link has Fierce Deity Mask which could beat anything! (Except Ganon) So that pretty much proves it. Also MM Link has many other forms such as Deku Scrub, Zora, and Goron. As well as various selections of masks!

Um, Shadsie made it clear that the FDM is not to be used in this hypothetical situation- he'd have to ditch his other masks, anyway, and it kind of breaks the game. Despite this, he's really not that tough anyway- he can lock on and shoot stuff. Big whoop, Links usually have shields.

Anyway, LttP Link probably couldn't wait in the dark world, since not only would evil Link counterparts be running around causing trouble, but he turned it back into the Sacred Realm with the Triforce at the end anyway. I forgot about the magic cape- invisibility is always a plus, but it drains his magic, making it a bad choice for the long term since most of his arsenal uses it.

dumb180

Warrior Postman
Anyway, LttP Link probably couldn't wait in the dark world, since not only would evil Link counterparts be running around causing trouble, but he turned it back into the Sacred Realm with the Triforce at the end anyway. I forgot about the magic cape- invisibility is always a plus, but it drains his magic, making it a bad choice for the long term since most of his arsenal uses it.

Good point. If he chose to go that route, most of his blue potions would be wasted on magic, even with full health. I'm not sure what rate of return on magic use would be, but I'd imagine it too inefficient to finish everyone off with one meter (especially when using the cloak).

There's also the possibility that attacking all other Links at once will.. well, anger them, causing each to drop whatever they're doing and head after him!:lol:

Z

ZeldaGirl1

WW Link VS TP Link VS OoT Link VS MM Link!!

Which Link would win in a all out brawl? ( A 3D Link era battle :))

TP Link
+Awesome swordplay
+Hidden Skills
+Wolf Transformation(Midna doesn't help him in this one :P)
+Light Sword

-Slow attacks
-Not much magic or protection
-Lacks certain classic items
-Most Items are weak

Oot Adult Link
+ Fast swordplay
+Tons of magic and Golden Gauntlets
+Spin attack range
+Biggorons sword

-Not much attacks in swordplay
-Short jumps
-Much slower horse
-Can only use arrows on horse

WW Link:
+Very fast swordplay
+Very quick and unpredictable in Parry attacks
+Magic
+Pretty good items

-Takes in damage more than most Links
-Hurricane spin leaves him easy to hit
-Sword doesn't do as much damage
-Can be a little tough to control were he lands after a combo

Oot/MM Link
+Masks, especially Fierce Dietys
+Also has fast Swordplay
+Has good items to go along with the masks
+Sword upgrades

-Short jumps (but at least he can do tons of frontflips)
-Also doesn't have more moves other than hack and slash
-Slow horse
-Can only use arrows on horse

Prediction:
Something tells me that MM Link might win, after all, he has many advantages:
*the Fierce Diety will make the other Links join forces to at least try to take him out.
*All his masks are helpful, and some can even best Wolf Link in senses.
*His swordplay is pretty quick.
*His swords are really awesome

WW Link might come out second, after all he has:
*Really quick and crazy combos, if you look closely at him while fighting, you will see that he jumps in the air at least 3 times in his combo attacks.
*His Parry attack goes much faster than TP Link's hidden skills, it can also be really hard to block.
*He also has magic items, and powerful Light arrows to go along.

TP Link might go in 3rd, After all:
*His swordplay is good, but slow, he might win against MM Link without any of his items, but WW Link probably a close match.
*His wolf Senses are nice, but MM Link has a mask that also has senses (i forgot its name).
*But if it were a horse battle, TP Link would destroy them all, but i'm a little worried about WW Link's cannon, but he has a boat not a horse anyways...

Oot Link goes in last place, he probably won't match up really well with the other Links, but he is undeniably the REAL strongest, but that's only because of the Golden Gauntlets...
another thing is OoT Link does have tons of magic, but it wears out pretty fast...

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JammerJaw

I always thought that TP Link got his hidden skills from WW Link.

Tbh, I think the Fierce Deity Mask is a kind of God Mode for MM Link. FD is very fast and is able to fire magic from his sword. There hasn't been a Link that could do that since the 2D Zeldas. Then again, I'm pretty sure a more current Link was able to do it; whether it was TP Link or WW Link I'm not too sure.

So anyway, we have the Hero of Time. I think his Din's Fire and Nayru's Love would be more than enough for the other Links to handle, seeing as how he'd be able to attack all three Links at once, as well as staying invulnerable. It'll definitely help when MM Link pulls out FD, that's for sure. xD

As for TP Link, I think they'd all be screwed if he stayed a wolf and had Midna on his back. If she could throw over Beast Ganon, there's no telling what she could do with those poor poor Hylians. And with Wolf Link's agility, he'd be near impossible to hit. Or if TP Link snuck off and sniped the feild with his Hawkeye, that'd be okay too. Actually, I think TP Link's got the most going for him right now. His Swordplay is top notch, as well as his skill atop Epona.

And that leaves Small WW Link. He's personally my favorite Link, seeing as how he's much more expressive. But I don't think he'd be well matched in this fight. Against OOT Link's Magic, TP Link's strength and swordplay, and MM Link's Masks, WW Link will seem outlandishly outmatched, as the only thing going for him is his stature and agility.

To summarize, I think it'll be a standoff between OOT Link and TP Link. MM Link will be fine as long as he uses his masks, and WW Link will only have an advantage if there's a boat with a cannon on a bed of water nearby. So my votes are as follows:

OOT Link
MM Link
TP Link
WW Link

EDIT: Since Midna doesn't help TP Link gets bumped down to third place.

Last edited by a moderator:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
-Most Items are weak

You said that about TP Link. I have to say, that doesn't just contrast my opinion. That is just plain wrong. Of the items that TP Link would actually use in an epic brawl, he has the Bomb arrows, highly explosive and damaging and VERY powerful. He has the ball and chain which is possibly the single most destructive item in any Zelda game and with an actual hit, can kill most enemies in one. He then also has double clawshots meaning that he can Spiderman around the place and he has, last and certainly not least, an extremely powerful Epona. Far superior to the OoT/MM Epona who is faster, stronger and devastating to anything that she runs into.

xandar

World's Dumbest Zombie.
Hah, controversy, I love it!

last and certainly not least, an extremely powerful Epona. Far superior to the OoT/MM Epona who is faster, stronger and devastating to anything that she runs into.

I'd like to point out that the difference in Epona, in my own opinion, is largely due to console difference. The less powerful Nintendo 64 couldn't quite hold as much information. If a Goblin gets hit by a horse, it's probably going to die. There were just a lot less things to get in the way of the horse, and the technology couldn't quite capture this information when it was combined with a large world full of crazy dungeons. Now that the more powerful Wii has arrived, we can see such things as Goblins getting hit by a horse.

It seems odd to me that alot of people's arguments about WW Link seem to be based around the fact that he is more agile than all of the other Links and he has his parry attack. While the parry is an extablished fact, TP Link did have several moves of his own which he could use in his favor as well, one of them almost identical, plus MC Link had several neat techniques of the sort, giving him other sorts of advantages. And then there's some Links which would have got the Roc's Feather and been instantly able to avoid half of his attacks while they sat on a roof he couldn't get to and shot him with arrows. Such other advantages in technique would probably at least be compensated for by something that any one of the other Links could do.

While Link in WW is definitely dexterous, I don't think he's necessarily more dexterous than any of the others. While playing the game, you may look and say, "Check it out, he moves faster than the Link in TP, he must be faster!" I would like to argue that this is not so much Link himself as the console which he is played on.
Have you played Brawl recently and forgotten about Melee? Go back and check out Melee, it'll seem extremely fast. If you think this is just a coincidence, go play Tales of Symphonia and compare it to Tales of Vesperia in the walkabout mode or in any battle. The gamecube was just full of games which made everything seem very fast. It wasn't necessarily a bad thing, but then the Wii came out and it slowed most things down to a more realistic and reasonable pace. I think WW Link was probably about as agile as any other Link, if not less agile because some of them were older and using the same fighting style for longer, thusly getting more out of it for dexterity because when it comes right down to it, they use the same friggin' fighting style. Slight differences between games, but overall I think we can all agree, the fighting styles, as far as the sword goes, are pretty much the same.

Now, with all this taken into account, I think it would have two possible outcomes, based on weather it was just a big ten-man fight or weather it was set up like a tournament, one-on-one battles.

Assuming it were a big fight with all of the Links just going all out in a free-for-all battle to the death, I think there would be much chaos, one Link would light a bomb, then another would hit him in the back of the head, making it so he couldn't quite escape in time, and they would all blow up.

There can be no clear winner because they're all almost identical. It would be a fight so fair that nobody could win. One person would try to use strategy, but the rest would be chaos, and this would be averted.

In a one on one tournament, here is what would happen.

Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.

Overall, Link wins.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.
Link kills Link.

Overall, Link wins.

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 characters is too long

W

Wii Guy 09

are you kidding me?! The Link from the CDi games would win hands down. He just has to start talking and all the other Link's would die of laughter, then CDi Link would eat the donut.

Zarom

The King
All the way. OoT Adult Link hands down. He kicks butt. My second guess was gonna be twilight princess link.

No. OOT Adult Link stands no chance against OOT/MM Young Link. And this is weird, Adult Link is older and he is weaker? o_O That should not be the case. But it's the truth. He grew up and became a weakling.
Plus, you don't even have a single argument.

OOT Adult Link and MM Link don't know any special moves, so we'll look at the items. MM Link has many items that are the same, but he also has stronger ones. Let's look at them:

OOT Adult Link's most useful weapons and items are:
  1. Biggoron's Sword
  2. Mirror Shield
  3. Fairy's Bow
  4. Magic Arrows
  5. Longshot
  6. 4 Bottles
  7. Din's Fire
  8. Nayru's Love
  9. Megaton Hammer
  10. Golden Gauntlets
MM Link:
  1. Great Fairy's Sword
  2. Mirror Shield
  3. Hero's Bow
  4. Magic Arrows
  5. Hookshot
  6. 6 Bottles
  7. Deku Mask
  8. Goron Mask
  9. Zora Mask
  10. Giant Mask
  11. Powder Keg
First, the sword. MM Young Link has the greatest sword among all Links, the Great Fairy'S Sword. It is clearlystated on the subscreen: ''The most powerful sword has black roses etched in its blade, brandish it with C.'' So, stronger than the Biggorn's Sword. :sword:

Second, the shield. MM Link's Mirror Shield is better than OOT Adult Link's Mirror Shield. Because MM Mirror Shield can reflects beams of light as Link walks, while OOT's Mirror Shield can't. He needs to press the ''R'' button to make his shield reflects beams of light. So, better than OOT Mirror Shield. :shield:

Next, the bow and magic arrows. They are exactly the same, except the design. So, it's a tie. :bow:

Then, the hookshot. again, OOT Hookshot is shorter than MM Hookshot. But OOT Longshot has the same lenght as it. Again, a tie.

The bottles. MM Link has 2 more bottles than OOT Adult Link. That means he can put 2 more Blue Potions in it. And MM Link can put better things in it. Like, the Chateau Romani and the Deku Princess. He can summon her in the battle so she can help him. So, MM Bottles and potions are more useful than OOT's. :bottle:

OOT Adult Link has the Din's Fire. It isn't very useful, since it is a duel and the Din's Fire is only good if there is lots of opponents. The Deku's Spin Attack or the Goron's Pound can also hurt multiple opponents at the same time. A tie. :deku:

Next, the Nayru's Love can be great, but while OOT Adult Link use it, he can't use any other type of magic. And the Zora Barrier of MM Link as the same effect as Nayru's Love. And if we consider that MM Link has infinite magic (Chateau Romani), he can keep his barrier as long as he wants. So, MM Link wins this part. :zora:

The Megaton Hammer. MM Link doesn't have a Megaton Hammer, but the Goron's Punch and Pounds works the same. Another tie. :goron:

The Golden Gauntlets. They are pretty useless, because they don't upgrade the damage that Link deals. They only serve to grab huge rocks. The Giant Mask makes Link bigger, so stronger. A useless tie.

Next. MM Link has the Powder Keg. It does great damage and it is stronger than ordinary Bombs or Bombchus. Plus, even if MM Link runs out of Bombs, he still can use his Blast Mask. MM Link wins again. :bomb:

Finally, the boomerangs. OOT Adult Link has no boomerangs while MM Link has 2. Those being the Zora's boomerang. Another win for MM Link. :boomerang:

So, we can conclude that MM Young Link is better than OOT Adult Link.

E

ergman

i voted twighlight link because he got the most sword training, and the strongest weapons(bomb arrows, ball and chain bigger than toon link) someone should make a flash game of this. now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom