• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who will be the next main villain?

Ninja

Well well well
For the upcoming Zelda for the Switch, do you think we will get a new original main villain? Or will we get someone that we have faced before?

Luckily, Demise should be out of the question. We've seen Ganon, Ganondorf, and Vaati, do you think we will see them again?

For me, I'm hoping that we will see a new original villain, who isn't controlled or manipulated by Ganon at all. I understand that the general lore of LoZ is that Link, Zelda, and Ganon are forever bound to each other, but someone new would be a breath of fresh air.

Given the success of BoTW i think Aonuma may stick with Ganon.

What I don't want to see is another version of Ganon. I think we have enough now. Ganon, Ganondorf, Calamity Ganon... any more wouldn't be ideal.

A new villain would be nice, it feels like a while since Nintendo tried to bring in a new face of evil that wasn't some sort of Ganon or proto-Ganon (Demise) so I'd be down for a new foe.

Quin

Disaster Master
I want a new main villian combined with a new overworld.
However if they somehow made blue pig ganon work in 3D I wouldnt be too upset.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I hope for one last and perfect Ganondorf, with the intellectual genius of OoT, the Brute force or TP, and the motive of WW.

Ganon is actually trash, and Calamity Ganon is actual actual garbage.

I'd love to see a new sub-villain try to overthrow the main villain, like I wish Ghirahim did

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Society should be the next villain
Society was always the villain. You can see in Ocarina of Time the corruption and pollution that city life brought with it. In many ways Ganondorf was the hero of that story, destroying castle town, purging villains such as Sakon the thief and then relocating the good and law abiding citizens away from the hustle and bustle of city life to the rural paradise that is Kakariko.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Oh, probably another variation on a vague faceless abstract concept like Ganon in the Shape of a Cloud or Ganon in the Shape of a 50ft Tall Barney the Black Scaly Dinosaur.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing the return of Pig Ganon if only they'd actually make him a - you know - a character...

Ninty is far too mired in convention to introduce a new series' villain that isn't carried on the back of series' mainstay Ganon(dorf). Sure, Vaati held his own once or twice before but I wouldn't be surprised if ninty forgot all about Vaati by now.

Chances are Ganon will be the Big Bad, but I would rather they have Ganondorf in their first then bring in Ganon. Or keep him as Ganon, start out weak and small but then slowly regains his power overtime and returns to his full power.

But if he isn't and we get the sub-villain who get hijacked, then at least make him interesting or dangerous. What I'd like is a villain you COULD battle at any point in the game but you can't beat because you don't have the power or skills yet.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Dorf would make for such a delightfully sinister classic villain. Dark. Brooding. Machiavellian. Cliche, sure. But oh so deliciously cliche.

But ninty never sees fit to give him much more than a whole page of lines in the entire game. I want to see The Dorf at work. I want to watch him scheme. I want to hear him monologue. I want to see him get his hands dirty. I want him front and center directing the forces of darkness, facing off against Zelda in a battle of power vs. wits. I want his cool swagger and supreme confidence in his ability on full display. I imagine the best version of Ganondorf as one where he's constantly straddling that line between self enamored regal warlock and unhinged feral beast, where at any second you feel like he's just about to abandon his smooth machismo for unbridled monstrous fury and forego all best laid plans to just go on a full blown animal rampage.

Buuut this is ninty we're talking about...

We need Ganondorf to have a large speaking role with voice acting. Then we can concentrate on new villains after this IMO.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I agree with you in wanting someone new that isn't controlled by Ganon in the background, or by anyone else for that matter. I want to see someone new rise up based on their own desires and objectives and through their own power. Someone that could rival Ganon in strength. Shake things up a little, yknow?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Dorf would make for such a delightfully sinister classic villain. Dark. Brooding. Machiavellian. Cliche, sure. But oh so deliciously cliche.

But ninty never sees fit to give him much more than a whole page of lines in the entire game. I want to see The Dorf at work. I want to watch him scheme. I want to hear him monologue. I want to see him get his hands dirty. I want him front and center directing the forces of darkness, facing off against Zelda in a battle of power vs. wits. I want his cool swagger and supreme confidence in his ability on full display. I imagine the best version of Ganondorf as one where he's constantly straddling that line between self enamored regal warlock and unhinged feral beast, where at any second you feel like he's just about to abandon his smooth machismo for unbridled monstrous fury and forego all best laid plans to just go on a full blown animal rampage.

Buuut this is ninty we're talking about...

I agree with what you are saying and I think Ganon will be the next main villain but we can likely forget about any kind of character development based on the current direction of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom