• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Who was the more threatening; Ghirahim or Zant?

Djinn

and Tonic
Zant was ridiculously menacing in his first several appearances in the game. It was not until fairly late in the game before you really got a good look into his character and the threat level went down while you got to see what an odd wacky character he really is. The being silent and emotionless while bringing long dead things back to life just to kill you, or appearing only to curse Midna and blow up a light spirit is pretty threatening.

Ghirahim on the other hand rarely seemed all that threatening. He was actually pretty friendly and polite towards Link most of the time. He only attacked you out of frustration then ignored Link most of the time. But being extra wordy and erratic with relatively polite behavior just lifts the tone of the whole situation by miles. He never actually seemed like he cared enough to bother killing Link at all until the final battle with him.

They sort of had opposite buildups as their games progressed. Zant started out as some dangerous looming threat but then evolved into some wacky over the top joke villain. While Ghirahim seemed more like a near comical annoyance that slowly built into a real threat that had to be dealt with.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Overall, I found Ghirahim a bit more threatening compared to Zant. While Zant is generally intimidating, he is also chaotic: he's unpredictable, but disorganized. The reason I find Ghirahim more threatening is that he is a more organized villian: he thinks not just of how to mess with you now, but also how to mess you up later. It ends up becoming a weight hanging over your head throughout SS.

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
Zant, to this day, continues to just creep me out. He's a really freaky character, so I'm going with him. Ghirahim is one of my all-time favorite Zelda characters, but the level of creepiness and just plain satanic attitude has to go to Zant for me.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
While Zant seemed more threatening from appearance and awkward silence. Ghirahim was a real basketcase. But i guess it comes down to personal fears. I for one fear those who dont seem threatening but are all around bat **** crazy, and completely unstable in personality. While those who pose themselves as a threat are actually less of a threat due to knowing their intentions from the beginning.

Ghirahim's over all polite, and well spoken nature, was far more terrifying than Zant too me. The Unstable mind in which Ghirahim truly was, was outright sadistic, and creepy. So i will have to go with Ghirahim.

*as a note i would like to mention i am basing this off of pure personality presented in dialog, and not the actual in-game battles.

To be honest, I never really felt like Ghirahim wanted to kill me, I just thought he was coming on to me. "I'll make your ears bleed with the sounds of your own screaming." Has a whole different meaning now, doesn't it?

Damn you! Now I'll never be able to look at him the same way again. Clearly sado-masochism turns him on. Kinky.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
How could you not see it? "a mischievous boy like you needs to be dealt with firmly.", "I take pleasure in punishing you, but I have no time for recreation." Definitely coming on to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom